• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos benzo bender

dark0rbit

Bluelighter
Hi, I have been taking 3-4 10mg valium (sometimes more) per night with my IV ritalin (running close to 200mg for the night). I am not so worried about the ritalin withdrawal so much but I really want to not get severely addicted to benzos. If kept this up for the remainder of the week how big of an addiction should I expect to have. I want to make sure I have enough to begin a long taper if necessary. I know if I did this with Heroin I would be back to ground zero but I have little experience with benzos.

This is going to be one of those 'pluck a figure out of the air' threads...

Addiction is very very subjective.

To add to what TommyBoy said: How long have you been taking the Ritalin daily? 200 mg in a day is A LOT. Ritalin withdrawal might not be physically debilitating, but from my experience it can be quite a bitch.

this has been going on for about a week. This has been more of a bender then a long time thing. My question, I know very much about how I will deal with the rits but I am wondering how long it usually takes to develop a severe benzo addiction.

Everyone's body is different, but since you're taking massive amounts of Valium every night you could form a severe physical addiction surprisingly quickly. If I were you, I would decrease the dosage on your Ritalin, therefore allowing you to decrease the dosage on your Valium as well. Benzo withdrawal is something you really, really don't want to deal with.

You should be able to drop your valium dosage significantly right away, given the short amount of time that you were on it. From there, continue to lower it as you feel comfortable doing so. You likely won't have have any serious issues from benzo withdrawal if you were to stop after just a week, but better safe than sorry.

if it has only been one week of heavy use preceeded by either no use or less than 2.5-5mg per day, you should be ok to try and ct this. As far as the ritalin - you should try getting your tolerance down, and be really careful about IV pills.