• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Roxicondone

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgreenthumb00

Bluelighter
Hello,

I used the search filter and read a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I have this debate all the time with people and they all say, no matter which brand or generic, the roxis are all the same. I beg to differ and here is my argument.

Ok so everyone says that a 30mg roxi no matter who makes it is all the same. 30mg is 30mg. From personal experience with roxicondones/roxicets they have different efficiency effects on me. I read somewhere once before online (idk the truth behind it) that depending on the brand/generic of the roxi, each one has a different percentage of the active drug oxy in it. I know we are not allowed to discuss brand/generic names so I won't.

It's a fact that the FDA holds all manufacturers to a degree of Quality Control Standards and procedures. However, each manufacturer does in fact use different binders/fillers and may or may not use use different % of oxy.
Anyone who has a constant prescription for roxicodone can probably notice the differences (whether subtle or not).
I'm prescribed clonazepam and adderall. I have tried many different generics including the brand names. Whether one might consider it someones personal preference on what they think works best, my psychiatrist and my girlfriend who graduated from pharmaceutical school and is now in her 3rd year of graduate school BOTH say that all the binders/fillers differ by manufacturer and will react differently with the main ingredient and will also affect everybody differently.

So what are everyone's thoughts on this? Do you think the FDA holds the companies to a standard of % of oxy in each roxicodone pill..... then the companies play with the numbers a bit????? Also what are everybodies thoughts about the binders and fillers?????

If this thread gets closed I'm sorry Moderators for posting. I haven't really been using bluelight for a while and I have not been reading up on the forums.
THANKS

I believe the FDA gives a margin of +/- 20% of peak plasma levels when evaluating a new generic drug application. So in theory, I believe that the raw amount of oxycodone could be less if the binders and fillers allow it to be delivered more effectively...

Different generic brands have a different effect on me as well & its not placebo or anything else. For instance, I hate the Qualitest IR oxys but I like the Actavis IR oxys being the same mg in both. For some reason the edit give me a euphoria & Qualitest never has.

same goes for different generic names with hydrocodone. The EDIT hydrocodone 10/325's make me feel dizzy & it feels as if my blood pressure goes up but the EDIT brand 10/325's are awesome & dont give me any of the bad side effects the EDIT ones give me. The EDIT are also stronger for me & I dont care what anyone says, there is a difference in generic brands.

Also, the edit percs are way stronger than the name brand percs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You for not closing the thread.
It's a little more in depth then just saying roxicodone is great and this roxi is better then this one......... Sorry about screwing up the title of the thread... Thanks for some responses. I'm really curious as to what people with some knowledge has to say. I'm sick of debating this with idiots that have no idea...

Just wanted to also state there is a new generic roxi being produced. I won't say the name of the company but its a company that makes junk generics. especially with clonazepam. I'm interested in seeing how this generic roxicodone will match up to the quality control standards

I think it's an entirely psychological issue, if you look at most pills the binders and fillers are essentialy the same (starch, talc, cellulose).
If you haven't done a double blind study then you have no grounds saying "it's not placebo" because it could well be. There's also set and setting to take into account.

The difference in drug delivery between IR preparations isn't a "thing" as far as I'm concerned. The FDA would be really quick to clamp down on e.g. Percocets that didn't release enough.

Not this again. This topic has been beaten to death, and this isn't the time to do it again. We don't do "generic vs. brand name" discussion. There are already a number of threads about this specifically.

I'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.