• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Freaked out, white pulled back in shot.

Frosta

Greenlighter
Hello, I am a noob at shooting and while doing a 3rd generation wash of a hydro I flagged and white stuff pulled back with it. It was dense and heavy in the solution. I didn't shoot it back in of course but I'm kind of freaked out. Tried looking up wtf it was but I figure it's better to ask experienced users. On a side note I've maintained only using on weekends. I have been for a couple months now. So for the myth of the non daily intravenous opiate user might be truthful depending how this dangerous experiment goes. Space my doses out, don't get sick (never have) and so far so good. Also I've missed like 3 shot now and I'm wondering if besides hotpacking and care if there's anything I can eat to help fight infection like garlic? Tips and advice are truly appreciated.

I have seen white in shots that I have prepared ahead of time. What I was doing was subutex. I would prepare some shots ahead, and saw that there was white sediment in the bottom that had settled. I read elsewhere on here, that this is not desirable, and of course my education taught me that this is not good. My guess is something similiar is what you pulled back, my guess is some sort of precipitate. I have to say that when I was IV'ing subutex, like 1 our of 4 shots gave me a cotton fever like syndrome and I quickly gave that up. I have read and know for a fact that you need to use micron filters. I know nothing however about a "wash of hydro" unless you are talking about a cold water extraction. I would guess something went wrong. GLad you didn't shoot it.

By hydro, do you mean hydrocodone? Or hydromorphone.. Because shooting hydrocodone is extremely unsafe and can cause pulmonary embolism and edema in the lungs. If it is hydrocodone, please do not continue to do this.

As for pulling white into the syringe when registering, I have not had this happen personally so I cannot offer much unfortunately. Hopefully someone else who has seen this can shed some light on the subject..

By hydro, do you mean hydrocodone? Or hydromorphone.. Because shooting hydrocodone is extremely unsafe and can cause pulmonary embolism and edema in the lungs. If it is hydrocodone, please do not continue to do this.

+1.. please listen to this!

We don't even have hydrocodone in Canada, oral morphine takes it's place.
He is talking about hydromorph contin, and it osunds like he just sucked up sediment from the ground beads, if that's what it could be then becareful on your future washes and filter better. If it looks like a pus-like liquid, then get professional medical help.

Last edited:
We are all from different places and as such, it explicitly states in the BLUA that all drugs should be referred to by their proper names so as to avoid this type of confusion.

It sound like it was a thick, viscous liquid, in which case you need to go to the ER immediately. Are you feverish? Sick? Warmth/ swelling in the area this happenned in? How is your circulation feeling?

Hydromorphone. I feel a little bit of pressure in my arm like I slept funny on it. Other than that I feel perfectly healthy. Could it be dead white cells or fat? No swelling. No redness itch or discomfort except for pressure feeling in my upper arm near bicep.

Last edited:
I almost want to go back in and see if I can get out more. Maybe I tapped into an abscess. Don't worry I won't go looking around. So far I'm going to let this sleeping dog lie until something serious happends. Sadly I used to work in the closest hospital so I'd have to go to one far away.

Free health care in Canada, correct? Id say if the feeling doesn't go away go get it checked out, it cant hurt

Hydromorphone. I feel a little bit of pressure in my arm like I slept funny on it. Other than that I feel perfectly healthy. Could it be dead white cells or fat? No swelling. No redness itch or discomfort except for pressure feeling in my upper arm near bicep.

So this was happening on your upper arm?

It wasn't fat. It would be nice if that's all there was to "liposuction" but suctioning out fat cells requires much more suction and some violence.

It could be, very unlikely, that you tapped into a cyst. If you'd hit an abscess, which is also possible, but unlikely, I would think you would have felt some pain, as there is usually a lot of soreness surrounding them.

Don't go back in and try to hit it again. But do feel the area with your fingertips and feel if there are any areas of increased warmth, or if you can feel any lumps or tender nodules. As you wrote, I think if you don't have a fever and nothing else seems to be wrong, you can probably just make sure that you do go for help if you feel you need to. As you work in a hospital, at least you aren't far from emergency treatment if you need it (although I know what you mean...I HATE being a patient in "my" hospital, too). :)

So this was happening on your upper arm?

It wasn't fat. It would be nice if that's all there was to "liposuction" but suctioning out fat cells requires much more suction and some violence.

It could be, very unlikely, that you tapped into a cyst. If you'd hit an abscess, which is also possible, but unlikely, I would think you would have felt some pain, as there is usually a lot of soreness surrounding them.

Don't go back in and try to hit it again. But do feel the area with your fingertips and feel if there are any areas of increased warmth, or if you can feel any lumps or tender nodules. As you wrote, I think if you don't have a fever and nothing else seems to be wrong, you can probably just make sure that you do go for help if you feel you need to. As you work in a hospital, at least you aren't far from emergency treatment if you need it (although I know what you mean...I HATE being a patient in "my" hospital, too). :)

This feeling is more prominent in my upper arm but just like falling asleep on my arm a weird way I can feel it down my arm to my hand. There's some irony to this, I missed on my opposite arm which has bumps and sore spots but this arm was the one that delivered that alarming surprise. Usually when I miss my problems just go away on their own. I'm hoping it was just weird lingering leftovers from the previous two hits I took from the hydromorph. I despise being a noob but I honestly can't get people to doctor me all the time. I don't need that kind of dependency.

^To the guy above, you may as well stop ganging up on him and do your research, he meant hydromorphone. If you looked you would realize we don't even have hydrocodone in Canada, oral morphine takes it's place.
He is talking about hydromorph contin, and it osunds like he just sucked up sediment from the ground beads, if that's what it could be then becareful on your future washes and filter better. If it looks like a pus-like liquid, then get professional medical help.

We're hardly ganging up on her.. We are simply stating a very important fact that needs to be addressed. I certainly was not accusing her of anything, but due to the lack of clarity of slang terms, I had to assume either drug could have been what she meant. It was more of a general message, because, if other people read it and also were not certain, they could easily assume that she was talking about hydrocodone. Which IS in fact very very harmful to inject.

We're hardly ganging up on her.. We are simply stating a very important fact that needs to be addressed. I certainly was not accusing her of anything, but due to the lack of clarity of slang terms, I had to assume either drug could have been what she meant. It was more of a general message, because, if other people read it and also were not certain, they could easily assume that she was talking about hydrocodone. Which IS in fact very very harmful to inject.
I appreciate the information and I'm sorry I did not clarify. Like I said tips and information is welcome with me. This isn't a place to start arguments it's a place for harm reduction. Even if someone called me ignorant or "ganged up" on me the information I'm provided with is more important than my ego.

^^^ You definitely have a good attitude.... Just keep an eye on it, and if you start to see any of the warning signs that others have listed above, go to the hospital immediately. Not worth losing a limb over. Good luck girl. :)

keep the infighting to a minimum. In fact, I don't want to see it at all.

Last edited: