View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Experience with animals while tripping?

RHSMstoner

Bluelighter
Anyone ever encounter animals behaving strangely while tripping? There's one example that really sticks out in my mind. One time when i was on mushrooms and my friend's house a fly landed on the floor about 10 feet away from me, i walked over and crouched down and put out my hand with my fingers touching the ground. The fly walked a good foot over to me and casually walked onto my finger. I stood up and it let me rotate my hand and look at it really really closely. It flew away after a minute or so but it was still pretty crazy. Let's here some stories y'all

the last time i was on acid, i spent about twenty minutes (oh god, it actually could have been any length of time) petting, stroking, and basically just chillin' with my dog....her face and body took on anthropomorphic designs, as her humanity or universality manifested itself in her dog-form.....yeah, she knew what was up......since then i always take time to pet my dog and stare at her.....
------------------
hey guys, do you not like eating dicks like i do??

Dammit MS I just went searching for that same thread and when I found it and came back you already posted it.
------------------
Let me take you on a trip, just a simple journey,
a journey full of sound and beats,
one that will lead you down, way down,
to the underground, i said the underground,
where your body begins to tremble,
and your hands become just a little nimble,
the underground
now let me see you work
- Celeda
The Underground
[This message has been edited by someguy (edited 06 November 2001).]

didn't know whether to add my story to this thread or that other one, but i figure this one is more current so:
one day while i was tripping on shrooms i was sitting outside with my dog. i said something to her and her facial expression seemed to answer perfectly. i talked to her for the next few minutes, feeling certain that she understood every word i was saying. i decided to give her some mushrooms tea (please lets not get into the merits, or lack thereof, in making tea, that is neither here nor there) to see how she would react. i would never dose my dog with acid, but i figure shrooms are natural, and she weighs about as much as me, so i went for it. she drank a bit and ended up staring at a table for a good while, then she fell asleep. basically the same reaction as when she smokes weed, she gets all lazy, and falls asleep.
------------------
"When danger or pain press too nearly, they are incapable of giving any delight, and are simply terrible; but at cetain distances, and with certain modifications, they may be, and they are delightful, as we every day experience."
--Edmund Burke

Although some people may look at this as mean or abusive...
We placed our three cats in a box once, put the lid on securely, put a hole in the side, stuck a tube in the hole and inverted a joint in the end of tube in order to quickly fill the box with smoke. We left them in there for approximately 20 to 30 minutes, then let them out. Their eyes were squinty and their third eye lids were out - telling me that it definitely affected them. They immediately went to their food bowls - pigged out and then fell asleep.
Whenever we are on shrooms or cid - the cats definitely acted differently. I can't say why - whether it is because they sense that we are different, or I have heard (although it is probably a myth!) that shrooms and cid are porous and the small amount that comes out through our skin is enough to make them feel it. Nevertheless - the cats always fight, run around, stay awake a lot longer than they usually do, beg to be pet, and are a lot more interactive with us. They talk a lot more, enjoy trips in the car and seem to be way more interested in what we are doing. My mom even told us to stop petting the cat once because we had been on mushrooms for a week straight and the cat was looking extremely fucked. Just laying there staring into space and pawing at the air. (no jokes - and my mom was sober!)
My boyfriend gave his cat a 1/2 tab of acid and the cat seems to act differently now. He is constantly looking back and forth at everything all googly eyed.
One of our cats also likes ketamine. First we put a bit on his nose to see how he would react. He didn't like the taste much, but it didn't prevent him from coming back for more! In fact, there was a pile of k on the table and I caught him licking it - now we always have to watch him when it is around.
I have found cats to be more receptive to drugs than dogs - although we have not performed any direct experiments on the dog, he doesn't seem to care or act differently when we dose.

LMAO that was the funniest post ever man.....man this one guy had a spyder monkey that rolled and smoked its own joints.
------------------
It is the most beautiful thing to watch your mind manifest upon the physical realm of reality.

I ran into this dark tabby cat while on shroomies, that sooooo looked like the cheshire cat from alice and wonterland. Like its eyes were all bright and it looked like it was smiling. It followed us a ways and it was sooo inteaging to play with. I dunno, i almost felt that i connected with it on a different level than one would normally say they connect with animals
------------------
Every new beginning
comes from some
other beginning's end

People tell me its just the acid working funny, but I SWEAR TO GOD cats act REALLY different when I'm on LSD or Shrooms. I'm not the only one either. I made a post about it in that other thread. I've had similar experiences with my own cat and even cats wandering around my neighborhood, but I dont ahve the energy to talk about it.

man this one guy had a spyder monkey that rolled and smoked its own joints.
what the hell...?
------------------
"When danger or pain press too nearly, they are incapable of giving any delight, and are simply terrible; but at cetain distances, and with certain modifications, they may be, and they are delightful, as we every day experience."
--Edmund Burke

I had a cat that liked to fuck with me when I was tripping. He liked to sit on my chest and just paw at me and sniff my face. He only did this when i tripped. Very very strange.
Bellababe I know exactly what you are talking about. My other cat did become more responsive. He would let me pet him all night and there was always this strange channel of communication between us.

phuKrd - fuck man, that IS mean and abusive! I mean, c'mon people have the choice as to whether or not to take drugs. Maybe the cats enjoy it, maybe they don't but the thing is you don't know and they have no way of telling you. And you can't try to "read" into their feelings by comparing their actions with yours - they's entirely different species. Leave 'em alone please.

last time i had acid i went for a walk around the block at about 2 am and for the first time ever my cat followed me, it was great, ive never gone for a walk with a cat before
smile.gif

------------------
Tari aja the cat

the time i tripped i was layin on my bed i think it was when i hit my peak and i look over and my cat was looking in the room at me and hen it VEY SOWLY creeped its way over to the bed to sniff my hand that was hanging off the bed,i think they can sense te ANXIETY,of course i was on a ver bad trip so im sure there was alot of anxiety to sense

This one guy, at a collage here, (GA STATE)had a spyder monkey and he kept it in his apt,he was my dealer too up untill he graduated, well he some how tought the monkey how to roll make shift joints, and the monkey would smoke em too, he would sometimes join us in our rotation, sucks tho we could never teach him to hit a bong.
------------------
It is the most beautiful thing to watch your mind manifest upon the physical realm of reality.

Actualy he did, and most of the time, we let the monkey have the joint all to himslef, plus it was a bitch gettin him to give up the joint, if it was our last joint, there would be a desprate guy chasing the monkey around the apt so he can get the joint back.
------------------

LOL, that must be phat az phuck! smokin a spliff with a munkey , closest thing to that ive done is smoke with a haitian. :p
------------------
JOu LikEz!?
FogET aBOUt iT!!!