• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

My left arm went numb

Wolfmans_BrothEr

Bluelighter
I went on like a 6 mile bike ride a few weeks ago and the entire time I kept feeling my entire left arm going numb

I tried keeping my arm more bent as to not cut off any veins...but it didn't make a difference

I'm 21 and have been a regular smoker since 14, other than that I don't have any heart or circulation issues

I dont know if it makes a difference but I didn't stop the entire time...2 or 3 times I would stop peddaling but other than that it was nonstop

neuropathy - bruised/pinched nerve.

don't lean on that arm and keep it straight-ish in bed and don't lie on it. It can take up to 12 months to completely heal.

If you arm has been numb since going on that bike ride, GO SEE A DOCTOR.

If your arm was just numb during that ride, I would still highly suggest you go see a doctor as it could be a whole host of issues.

It could be something rather harmless like, as beamers said, a bruised or pinched nerve. All we can do here is speculate.

^ Just a fyi, a pinched nerve isn't anything to laugh at. Remember when I hurt my right shoulder throwing a football last year and how it hurt for six months afterward? Yeah, that was a pinched nerve.

Either way, go see the doctor, man. I have nothing better to offer. My shoulder didn't go numb when I got injured, but if it had, even I would have gone to see the doc.

is it still numb? if so try looking up "radical nerve palsy" sound a bit like some sort of the like, hope it helps

Nah it's not still numb...it's never happened before or at least I didn't notice it

I just figured the cardiovascular activity might've had something to do with it

^ It could've if you're normally extremely lazy and don't usually bike anywhere near six miles in one go. :p