• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Right side of my body sick, but not left - I'm scared.

Jamshyd

Bluelight Crew
Recently, (notably after my wisdom teeth all simultaneously started moving), I notice the length of the right side of my body ill - particularly the skin. A few days ago, I got a small itch on my right foot that turned out to be very much like a chemical burn. My right eyelid is swollen, my right hand is very itchy most of the time, and I have a painful tenderness inside my mouth (on the right), on the hard palate. I've been getting irritation at night and having a lot of trouble sleeping because of panic attacks.

My primary concern is liver issues. So far I have no jaundice, and no notable nausea - so that is good.

Besides the wisdom teeth, other notables include: Not having had any alcohol for a year or so, relapsing to codeine addiction in the past 3 months (hence my absence from BL), and no sex since Feb.

I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow, but was hoping for input today... I am very scared...

Sorry to hear about this Jamshyd. Perhaps some sort of inhibition of the lymphatic drainage in a central branch which is effecting just that side of the body? It is interesting that people are more scared to find out the truth than just let things slide so you are definitely doing the right thing going to see a doctor :).

I second ama in that it sounds like a problem with your lymph system/nodes. Be sure to let us know what the doctor said!

Maybe an allergy to codeine, or something else? Liver plays a big part in allergies.

Last edited:
major bummer man. I wish you the best in a speedy recovery.

Without seeing you in person it is almost impossible to really help out or be accurate with any diagnosis. The fact that it is localized to one side of the body is a big clue. A quick search on google leads to shingles (Herpes zoster), but without seeing your rash, and knowing your medical history that is a shot in the dark. Anyways, it doesn't really sound like a problem with your CNS/PNS or organs, so I think that with proper diagnosis and treatment you should be ok.

You should maybe ask for something to deal with your panic attacks so that you can sleep well. As you probably know sufficient sleep is important for almost every aspect of your health. Your immune system will get weaker without proper sleep. You need to eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids, and get plenty of sleep/rest for your body to be able to efficiently deal with problems.

Try not to stress out too much! Many sorts of latent viral ailments can be triggered by stress reactions within the body. I know for a fact that Herpes simplex (not the same as zoster, but related) outbreaks can be triggered by stress.

The wisdom teeth thing is weird, and could be totally unrelated. How old are you, and have you considered having the wisdom teeth taken out?

do you exclusively sleep on either side?

<3 jammy

The wisdom teeth thing is weird, and could be totally unrelated. How old are you, and have you considered having the wisdom teeth taken out?

This is where I was going with my question. I have heard from my dentist that the wisdom teeth continue to push into your gums as you get older and can sometimes hit nerves above the gumline, leading to partial face paralysis and/or paralysis in other areas of the body. This is why most dentists (and doctors, I can imagine) recommend just having them removed to avoid the possibility, as it becomes more of a problem as you get older.

what is your diet like? it sounds like your immune system is reacting to something and subsequently, backing up your lymphatic system. I have the same problem. I have lyme disease and when you kill the lyme bacteria it releases toxins (heavy metals, pesticides, ammonia, etc.) making me even sicker due to the excess of toxins in my body. I have to do a lot of things to detoxify my body in order to feel somewhat normal.

My liver feels stressed a lot due to this (they say you can't feel liver pain, but after having it for over 2 years, I can sense the swelling hitting my ribs in that area so I know when my liver is hurtin') and I have no signs of jaundice. Did the codeine you were taking have acetaminophen in it? Can you list all substances you have put in your body recently? Have you checked for gluten intolerance?

also, when my lymphs were backed up at their WORST, a spotty rash would break out right next to the swollen lymph node. I think the rash is toxins escaping from your body that your liver was unable to process.

Thanks for the responses, everyone! What a bunch of beautiful, loveable people!

I promise I will write a detailed response tomorrow to everyoone.

But for now, I'll update re: the doctor. Yes, I went to the doctor. He thinks all these issues are not connected. He thinks I am healthy... and he gave me a prescription for some expensive antibiotic cream for my foot, which btw is still festering and disgusting, if recovering and less painful...

Oh, and this marks 24hrs since my last dose, so YAY for that. 24 more and I'll be over the hump!

^ Be sure to keep us updated, Jams! :)

It's unfortunate your doctor is treating the symptoms and not trying to find the cause.

^That is assuming that there is a underlying cause for all of these issues. No need to be a e-doctor dude, it usually does more harm than good.