• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

New in the forum. any help would be appreciated.

LIGHTaMM

Greenlighter
Hey everyone.
I'm not an expert with drugs. but I was hoping to get a little of your help(neurologist don't know exactly what I got, so I assume that the advanced forum is the right forum for me). moreover, English is not my mother language, so I'm sorry if I got some mistakes.
long story shot (as much as I can):
I was depressed 2 years ago because of a break up(for a few months). I wasn't that depressed in my life. (didn't do drugs though).
one day, I was going out with a friend of mine and I drank a lot of alcohol. nothing that I didn't do before, but I got some weird symptoms afterwards. I got muscle fasciculations(involuntary but small muscle twitches) all over my body up to this day. a little while after the onset of the fasciaulations, I tried to look for what could be the cause of this symptom, and found out that ALS (Steven Hawking has it). I got really depressed and anxious because I thought I got ALS. after visiting a few neurologists(which all said that I don't have ALS), one practitioner gave me cipralex for my depression and anxiety problems. I took it for 2 weeks I think and stopped. I noticed that my tactile acuity has got impaired during that time. It's not that i don't feel anything on my skin, it's just that I feel everything but the sensation is dull compared to what it used to be. I used to be very sensitive on my skin and now I'm not :(. This problem affects my sex life, I enjoy sex but my performance was worsened and my orgasms aren't as enjoyable as they used to be a few years ago. I have done some research on my own and found out that a Dopamine Deficiency may cause some of these symptoms. I also found out that Bupropion (Wellbutrin) may increase dopamine levels (or something like that) and maybe help with my symptoms of lower tactile acuity and depression. (I'm not saying that I got dopamine deficiency, if think about other things, please do say.)
What is your opinion about that? can Bupropion help me? any other suggestions or directions?
Thanks a lot for you help, I appreciate it.

Last edited:
This is a healthy living question more than anything else

Agreed. But I think that the knowledge of the people from the advanced drug forum can help also.

Yes buproprion can help with your libido at least. SSRI's kill my sex drive, sometimes a good thing and sometimes a terrible thing. My Dr. wants me to use SSRI's along with welbutrin to balance out my libido, haven't tried it myself yet however but I'm sure many people use similar combinations and can chime in on how it works for them. Downers kill my sex drive but stimulants increase it, since welbutrin has some stimulating properties I think it is worth a shot.