• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Michael Bay

WatMyConditionIsIn

Bluelighter
wow i never thought id be posting in F&T but my drunken ass just slapped transformers: the (animated) movie into the dvd and goddamn i hate what michael bay did to my beloved childhood toys. im 28 and would rather watch the animated childrens movie from the 80's anyday over his disgustingly gang raped live action versions. Megatron is a FUCKING gun not a plane. anyone else agree? disagree? fucking leonard nimoy AND orson welles... Bad ASS not to mention the soundtrack "you got the touch"

Last edited:
you speak directly to my heart

but i have been saying this since "armageddon"

fair enough all his work is triple A shite. but his "artistic" (if u can even accept that the man has a single artistic bone, muscle, or subatomic particle in his body) vision of transformers really pisses me off. its one thing to make your own movie that sucks, but a totally different sport when u take the ideas and creations of someone else and completely rape and pillage them... while at the same time making more money than most 3rd world countries GDP for a whole year... oh yeah i just remembered that weird al's "dare to be stupid" is in this movie. classic. fuck im so pathetic when i run out of real drugs i resort to tripping on nostalgia

Last edited:
m night shamalan is a hack too. but at least he uses his own original shitty ideas instead of destroying other ppls good ideas. or not maybe he is a mind thief too...

fair enough all his work is triple A shite. but his "artistic" (if u can even accept that the man has a single artistic bone, muscle, or subatomic particle in his body) vision of transformers really pisses me off.

To be fair to Mr. Bay, I don't think he ever deluded himself into thinking the Transformers movies were an "artistic" endeavor. I mean, his only qualification for a female lead was that she be "fuckable 24/7" (actual quote). The movies are a cash-grab, nothing else.

Don't blame Michael Bay, man. Blame the millions and millions of mouth-breathers who pay to watch 2 hours of explosions set to a Linkin Park soundtrack. If it weren't for them, there would be no demand for such contrived garbage and movies would actually be required to have substance. Sadly, that's not the world we live in.

The Transformers movies had plot holes so big, you could drive Optimus Prime through them.

I'm not sure how they grossed so well in the box office. If people had taken even a quick glance at Rotten Tomatoes, they could have saved themselves the time and money.

For most people: Big, flashy things on screen > Rotten Tomatoes :\

Bay managed to take a holy grail 80s cartoon, with really cool concepts and characters...let alone characters that are pretty much perfect as is...and turn it into something that looks horrible yet made tons of money. Its basically an insult to every 80s kid and for that may Bay die in a fire.

Considered de-friending anybody who says they enjoyed these films.. another example is Ironman 2.. I mean.. fucking seriously..?

I had to turn transformers 2 off at one point, just couldn't deal with the idiocy anymore.

^ did you see the first transformers movie? what did you think?

alasdair

my wife is a fan of blockbusters so i've tried to sit through both the first two transformers movies, the first one twice, once even on bluray, and every single time i fell asleep after giving up on repeating "oh my god this is so shit" for the nth time.

worse than my haterhat ever expected.

you speak directly to my heart

but i have been saying this since "armageddon"
oh em gee, totally loved armageddon. and still do. <3

i see, i understand, and i agree with most of the distaste with bay films. and i think the transformers movies are a perfect example of it. to me, part one was a good mix of bringing back the nostalgia of the original cartoon, a good mix of action, humor and drama, and all around good times. part two, fuck-head-bay had free reigns to do the stupid shit he does best, and did it way too much. it's like the man grew up on a roller coaster and can't get off of it. movies should be fun, yes, but he takes it to extremes, and overdoes it, at best.

the man should not direct entire films, but using him to bring about some well deserved excitement in the action scenes, ok.

Yeah, I didn't mind the first movie. I mean, in hindsight, it should have prepared me for what was to come, but there was a discernible story and enough action/comedy/nostalgia/etc to make it a fun watch.

sorry DM, but i think his action direction is terrible. if you want to see good action, look at recent french works. anything written and or directed by luc besson are fantastic. check out liam neeson in "taken" for a good example.

outside the french, salt was excellent action also.

loud noise and a busy screen alone doesn't make excitement. bay resorts to cheap action cliches as much as he does with his "stories".

check out liam neeson in "taken" for a good example.

sure, but stop the movie about ten minutes from the ending. ;)

Michael Bay films are little else but eye-candy. one should see his films with no other expectation than to see shit being blown up and super-hot chicks.