• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hiccups!! They wont stop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ds

Bluelight Crew
So I have the hiccups, and it's really starting to drive me nuts. I need some ways to STOP THESE DAMN HICCUPS!!

any ideas?

throw some D's on it...

okay, really:

-drink a large glass of water
-hold your breath for as long as possible

^ I find doing both at the same time works really well.

Take a deep breath in, and hold it for maybe 15 seconds or so. Without inhaling or exhaling, drink a glass of water (big enough to require a few good swallows), continuously and as smoothly as possible. Keep holding your breath for another 15 or so seconds after finishing drinking, then calmly and smoothly exhale, and start breathing normally again.

Guaranteed hiccup free, or your money back!

That method works for me but only when I have somebody stand behind me and stick their fingers in my ears while I hold my breath and drink the water.

thanks every1, yeah maybe its the opiates that's causing me to hiccup. this is one weird case of the hiccups, seems like every time i go smoke a cigarette i'll get the hiccups all over again, and like each time i take a drag of my smoke i'll hiccup.

i'm guessing that all hiccups are the same ?

^ I think they generally are...

I got them LITERALLY every day when I was a little kid. What solved them for me was

1. taking in water and holding it in my mouth so I could bend my head over
2. bending my head to my knees
3. swallowing the water whilst bent over (make sure to hold your nose when you bend over, haha).

It worked like a charm. I think it confused my brain so it doesn't really work anymore for me but it's worth a try.

Take a deep breath in, and hold it for maybe 15 seconds or so. Without inhaling or exhaling, drink a glass of water (big enough to require a few good swallows), continuously and as smoothly as possible. Keep holding your breath for another 15 or so seconds after finishing drinking, then calmly and smoothly exhale, and start breathing normally again.

Guaranteed hiccup free, or your money back!
This was exactly what I was going to say to do as it has always worked like a charm for me.

How are your hiccups today, OP? If you got them to go away, how'd you do it?

This was exactly what I was going to say to do as it has always worked like a charm for me.

How are your hiccups today, OP? If you got them to go away, how'd you do it?

i took a shower/sit down bath staring up at the shower head collecting the water in my mouth while hold my breath then breath slowly thru my nose with mouth full of water, and spit out water. get a few sips here and there.
lol, i really think they were caused by some of my pain medication, were the weirdest hiccup.

^ OMG, that sounds like waterboarding! Haha. Glad it worked. :)

hiccups are simply a spasm of the muscle under your lungs called the diaphram. Stretching that muscle out will cause the hiccups to stop. Things such as deep breathing or slowly drinking a glass of water. I have found the quickest and easiets way is to deep breathe and as you exhale blow all the air out of the lungs until it burns so bad until you can stand it. Then relax and take some deep breathes and do this again. It will not work if you are not in a relaxed position and if you dont exhale all the air our. Exhaling the air our of your lungs, draws the diaphram up and stretches it to help relax the spasms.

Opiates can certainly do this. So can benzos and probably a few other sedating drugs.

I find swallowing a big gulp of air can help. Someone also said taking a tea spoon of vinegar helps. Both have cured them for me on separate occasions. :D

So I have the hiccups, and it's really starting to drive me nuts. I need some ways to STOP THESE DAMN HICCUPS!!

any ideas?

I have a simple cure for hiccups that never fails.

Take a really deep breath, hold it, and then count s-l-o-w-l-y to ten on your fingers.

No more hiccups.

The record for a case of the hiccups is over 50 years so count yourself lucky ;)

this works great for me, instantly .

go stand at the kitchen sink. take a glass and fill it to the rim with cold water. now lean over until your chin is countertop high/ but over the sink. now take the full glass of water and put your chin into the glass, put the top rim in your mouth and tip it toward your chest ,now sip the water while bent over. 2-3 big swallows usually works for me. .
i suffer from hiccups frequently and a friend turned me on to this trick.
i was amazed how fast it works.

Opiates can certainly do this. So can benzos and probably a few other sedating drugs.

Yeppers, I've heard any drug that relaxes you will and benzos definitely do it to me. It's actually only started for me only in the last year (out of eleven) when I abuse benzos and is another drop in the bucket that's pushing me to do away with these damn drugs. The hiccups HURT!

Well, it seems like this thread is going no where else constructive (no offense to the most recent repliers :p) so I'm going to go ahead and close it. If anyone has any magical tips to get rid of the hiccups and would like to add it, drop myself or another moderator a PM. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.