• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I drink 3 cups of coffee and 3 cups of green+white tea daily how bad is this?

DrunkardsDream

Ex-Bluelighter
I rarely put sugar in any of these drinks and the tea is a blend of green and white tea that's steeped for at least 3 mins. I sometimes use actual tea leaves instead of bagged tea.

I drink the coffee either with one teaspoon of sugar in it or just milk or half and half and I switch to decaf at night.

How bad is it to drink these drinks daily? I also drink lots of water.

It's not unhealthy. It's actully good for you they have anti oxidents and prevent cancer. You would probably have really bad caffeine crashes, have trouble sleeping and have to go to the bathroom a lot. Your probably going to make your teeth really nasty and stain them so brush a lot.

If your thinking it's physically unhealthy it's not. It's not bad for your brain or any part of your body and won't have any long term effects.

Yes sometimes I do have trouble sleeping that's only when I drink the caffeinated coffee and have 3-4 cups of it and have it late in the afternoon.

I keep my teeth in excellent condition by brushing and flossing at least 2-3X a day and I see a dentist, and I drink the coffee and tea instead of drinking soda like I used to.

I'd be weary of drinking that amount of caffeine. Have you had your blood pressure tested lately?

Also, the amount of sugar you're consuming isn't that good for you. Sure, sugar isn't inherently evil, but I doubt those three teaspoons are the only sugar you're getting in a day.

Not to mention that after eating/drinking something acidic (like coffee, fruit, etc) you shouldn't brush your teeth right away--The acidity temporarily weakens the enamel, so if you brush, you might wear away at it. Or so I've been told by my dentist when I was drinking a lot of coffee and brushing right after. :p

the only thing you need to worry about is the caffeine.
other than that, you're fine.

tea and coffee have a good amount of antioxidants.

Green and White Tea both have caffeine. Though it's much less than coffee (about 1/4 for Green, and I think even less for White).

You could try replacing some of the coffee/tea with a herbal tea (as herbal teas don't contain caffeine). That's if you're worried about it.

Whilst both have caffeine, green tea has l-theanine which gives it a natural balance. Id take green tea over coffee any day...herbal teas as suggested are also better

Tea is great, just make sure it's organic and is of loose leaf variety, not the dust you get from many supermarkets' tea bags.

Given the grim situation in Japan, I suggest sourcing green tea from China, given the fact that white tea only comes from China mainly, well quality white tea that is.

As far as coffee, goes, try switching from white sugar to brown sugar or even Stevia.
I honestly dislike the green unprocessed Stevia powder, but I do like the refined Stevia sugar powder which is an excellent substitute for sugar.
Instead of dairy milk, use organic rice, oat or almond milk.

Finally, if you are sleeping ok, cool, if not then cut down on coffee.

caffeine dehydrates. and if abused heavily could affect normal bowel function in some people. you should be fine if you drink lots of water as well