• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone for Opioid Tolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burn out

Bluelighter
Mods feel free to move this to ADD if you feel it would be more appropriate there.

Preclinical data have shown ultralow-dose opioid antagonists to enhance and prolong opioid analgesia while reducing analgesic tolerance and physical dependence. Recent molecular pharmacology data show a mechanism of action to be the prevention of aberrant G protein coupling by opioid receptors that underlies opioid tolerance and dependence.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15943961

Patients with chronic pain who received oral naltrexone 100 microg BID in addition to their chronic intrathecal morphine infusions demonstrated the greatest improvement (p = 0.07) in their daily pain scores.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18027539

Has anyone attempted this? What dosing schedule would you recommend? I am trying to do something about opiate tolerance as my habit is becoming too expensive but I have no desire to stop using (the expense is the only negative aspect).

There is a wealth of posts on opiate potentiation but I am having trouble finding good info about this. I am just looking for recommendation for what to do in my situation and whether this might be a good option.

This has been discussed quite a bit actually - just searching for threads with 'ULD' in the title turned up over 100 posts in these threads...

Extended research on the startling effects of ULD Naltrexone

Tolerance Prevention- Progluminde or ULD-Naltrexone?

Naltrexone: ULD to stop tolerance buildup and Precipitated Withdrawals

If you search other terms and play around with the different advanced search options, you'll find even more discussion on the topic so my suggestion would be to research through that route and if you have further questions/contributions to direct it into one of the established threads on the subject.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or feel that this discussion differs from those that have been established already enough to warrant reopening.

Status
Not open for further replies.