View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine and GHB?

pinwheel

Bluelighter
Has anyone tried this combination, or one like it? (Dissociative w/ substance that acts primarily on the GABA receptor [1,4 butadeinol, GBL, GHB, etc.)
Any specific uses for this combination?

Yah Death...do not mix GHB with ANYTHING end of story
------------------
~Lifes Never Ending Cycle..Sleep..Eat..Roids...Eat..Train..Eat..Sleep..Repeat Process till huge~
AolIM - Anabolics73

in theory, ketamine + GABAergic sedative results in prevention of NMDA antagonist excitotoxicity. GABA agonists (e.g. benzodiazepines) reduce brain activity, and alleviate the damaging overactivity associated with NMDA blockade.
so, in theory, ketamine + GHB should protect your brain from the negative effects of ketamine on the brain.
HOWEVER:
- GHB is not guaranteed to work like a benzodiazepine since they have different modes of action.
- benzos are commonly combined with ketamine in both human and animal anaesthesia, but again, GHB has a lot of interaction problems, which, although shared by the benzos, it is notorious for. no guarantees you won't have your respiration fatally depressed.
- (this is the important one) benzos co-administered with ketamine have been found to sedate the patient and decrease the post-operative psychotic effects of ketamine that cause SO MUCH TROUBLE in humans.
in other words, if you combine ketamine with GHB, you may find that you are no longer experiencing dissociation. you may merely pass out, you may feel very drunk, or something, but you may very well not be able to get a k-hole.
interestingly enough, the potentially toxic excitation of certain parts of the brain that occurs under NMDA blockade leads to an interesting brain response - a protein known as HSP70 (for 70kDa heat shock protein) basically turns the excited neurons off - they slow glucose metabolism and rest and repair until healed. it is a totally untested personal theory of mine that the mode of action of ketamine is intimately linked with the excitation and shutdown by HSP70 of these neurons and not by ketamine itself. in other words, if there is no excitation, as is the case under benzodiazepine sedation, there can be no K-hole. this comes primarily from the observation that RAPID tolerance to K-holes builds up almost instantly, such that it is almost impossible to K-hole following a K-hole. after doing a lot of it, you find that you enter a totally different state from a K-hole after K-holing several times. it takes about 3 days before K-holing is easily possible again - and this is about as long as it takes for neurons deactivated by HSP70 to start up again.
however, that's totally untested.
don't mix K and G. it's dangerous, and it may not even be fun.

I know from personal experience that mixing G and K is not fun. Felt like I was gonna die, don't try this, you'll regret it.

Yah Death...do not mix GHB with ANYTHING end of story
why? there are combo's that are perfectly safe and fun as long as you don't overdo it with the G...
like GHB+MDMA, or GHB+coke/speed...

When youve seen 3 people drop dead literally in front of your face then u tell me its ok to mix with shit
------------------
~Lifes Never Ending Cycle..Sleep..Eat..Roids...Eat..Train..Eat..Sleep..Repeat Process till huge~
AolIM - Anabolics73
~Resident Anabolic/Steroid Guru and OTC Supplements~

Hang on roche, where does it say Ketamine by itself has damaging effects on the brain? Certainly isn't mentioned that way in Jansens book. You're not referring to the dreaded "This is your brain on dissociatives" are you?

well one of my friends bumped so much k that his nose was bleeding and took some ghb and 3 rolls while he was still running on the mescaline
then he passed out.......
so i dont know if its a good idea or not

i mixed the 2 without thinking a few weeks ago, and was overcome with fear. it made me terribly sick and i locked myself in the bathroom to hide from my 2 best friends. then i started banging my fists and head into the wall to try to "shake" myself sober....of course this didn't work. i have been doing drugs for the last 10 years and have never freaked out on drugs...i've never even been in a k-hole...try as i have to get there. mixing g (in my case gbl) and k is the worst thing you can do to yourself. its been weeks and the terror i felt still hasn't left me completely.

I've read two experience reports in which the person took a dissociative and then GHB on the way down. In both reports the person entered a strange state in which they were aware of everything they were doing but no longer had physical control over their body, similar to some sort of seizure.
I am not sure why this happened, or if its even a normal effect of the combo, but be warned.
Pure
------------------
Peace is what happens when two or more people decide they are tired of fighting.

I've tried the two. I was pretty effed up on G and decided to do a decent size bump of K. Felt waaaay fucked up in a fun way for a brief period of time. Then I layed down on the roof I was hanging out on and passed out. I was awakened about 1/2 hour later and as I stood up and went inside, the nausea hit. I ran downstairs to the bathroom, barfed up a tiny amount (I hadn't really eaten that day or I'm sure more would have come up) and then I passed out for 3 hours on the bathroom floor. So there you go. Make your own decision
smile.gif

Gbl + ketamine

funny i've been clubbing on ketamine and gbl for over a year now - great high - trippy dancy and aids physique too....

funny you should dig up an old thread like this and post bullshit in it

i use ketamine (3-4 grams each day) and GHB/GBL (minimum of 50ml each day) mix together everyday for 3-4 years and im not dead. (with some ecstacy, speed, mdma, lsd, pcp, weed, cocaine, freebase, poppers)

Ketamine on daily use (3-4 grams everyday) cause enormous stomach pain and difficulty to pee.

GHB/GBL cause digestion difficulty and insomnia

this is the best mix ever but you have to be carefull to not pass out on GHB/GBL. i know 2 girls who have died mixing cocaine and GHB/GBL + sleeping pills. they never wake up they died while sleeping...

Last edited:
My GRAPHIC encounter with GHB & Ketamine

I've read two experience reports in which the person took a dissociative and then GHB on the way down. In both reports the person entered a strange state in which they were aware of everything they were doing but no longer had physical control over their body, similar to some sort of seizure.
I am not sure why this happened, or if its even a normal effect of the combo, but be warned.
Pure
------------------
Peace is what happens when two or more people decide they are tired of fighting.
At the hands of my now ex-husband of 20+ years. It takes a special breed of off the chart narcissism for a man to risk the life of his wife and mother of his children but he did it. Specifically, he dosed my drink with GHB (without my knowledge) and his intention was to leave me at his dealer's house with his dealer's wife. I, however, was aware he was leaving and because I was just beginning to feel uncomfortable with where I was, who I was being left with, and being off balance (feeling fuzzy in my own mind), I insisted they take me with them to go "to the store". It was then, he and his supervisor from work (the dealer), tried to tell me I had taken Ecstasy and needed to put my head back and "let the roll kick in". Anyone who knows anything about GHB knows; GHB feels much like you are on Ecstasy, and I only know of that particular night where GHB (and Ketamine) had our only encounter in life. The drink I had been waiting on for about 2 hours and requesting repeatedly over those two hours (because mine turned up missing), is what I had been told we were going to the store to buy. It was when we stopped at the local Exxon station, I felt the sharp prick of the needle. We probably didn't cover 15 miles of driving that night, although it felt like an eternity. His supervisor was making deliveries for his "self employ/moonlighting" job. Not much time passed before I could no longer hold my head in one spot, let alone up at all. I actually had no choice and it was becoming very evident even in my now heavily clouded head. All I could say in the confines of my own head was, 'What is going on with me?...This doesn't feel right!....I know I didn't take any pills!". I certainly could no longer speak with my lips, Then the conversation from the front seats started to fill the air in the backseat near me. I could hear the driver telling my then husband, "Your wife is gonna divorce you, you do realize that?"....Really? A conversation of much concern to me, being held directly in front of me, as if I weren't there? As far as those two were concerned, they didn't feel I would ever actually remember any of the details because they knew full well what they had done to me. much to their dismay,I wouldn't put the pieces together for another two weeks. Eventually they arrived at their destination. My then spouse had his "equipment" out, in effort of preparing himself for what was ahead through the gate of the apartment complex we'd entered. The only reason I knew that was taking place in the front seat was because the driver asked him why he was doing that. He also asked him where he found the girls they were there to meet, it was stated with full sarcasm 1 800 hot babes. What took place in front of my very eyes was traumatizing, as my then husband handed this biracial young girl the ecstasy she asked him about while telling her to get in the car and on top of him. She even asked who I was, she was told I was nobody. All the while in my mind, I'm screaming, "I'm his fucking wife!!!", as tears rolled down my face. My face, mind you, I could not turn in disgust. I had no choice. I could only hear what was being said around me, and see what was directly in the sight of my two tear filled eyes.There were still another grueling 5-6 hours of discussion to come through, where they actually attempted to hypnotize me, and yes....after they handed me a gun (safety on) and its clip filled with bullets they thought I would use to kill myself with (boy, were they wrong....I would have gone to jail forever had I figured out how to turn the safety of, put the clip in and ready the weapon to fire).....all the while, I was still yet to be struck in the back of the head with the butt of a 9mm which, I believe was what caused my temporary amnesia, well, along with the trauma of course. I'd sobered up enough before that to help myself out of that car and into the house, after all, he had forgotten I was ever even in the back of that car, even argued with his so-called friAt the hands of my now ex-husband of 20+ years. It takes a special breed of off the chart narcissism for a man to risk the life of his wife and mother of his children but he did it. Specifically, he dosed my drink with GHB (without my knowledge) and his intention was to leave me at his dealer's house with his dealer's wife. I, however, was aware he was leaving and because I was just beginning to feel uncomfortable with where I was, who I was being left with, and being off balance (feeling fuzzy in my own mind), I insisted they take me with them to go "to the store". It was then, he and his supervisor from work (the dealer), tried to tell me I had taken Ecstasy and needed to put my head back and "let the roll kick in". Anyone who knows anything about GHB knows; GHB feels much like you are on Ecstasy, and I only know of that particular night where GHB (and Ketamine) had our only encounter in life. The drink I had been waiting on for about 2 hours and requesting repeatedly over those two hours (because mine turned up missing), is what I had been told we were going to the store to buy. It was when we stopped at the local Exxon station, I felt the sharp prick of the needle. We probably didn't cover 15 miles of driving that night, although it felt like an eternity. His supervisor was making deliveries for his "self employ/moonlighting" job. Not much time passed before I could no longer hold my head in one spot, let alone up at all. I actually had no choice and it was becoming very evident even in my now heavily clouded head. All I could say in the confines of my own head was, 'What is going on with me?...This doesn't feel right!....I know I didn't take any pills!". I certainly could no longer speak with my lips, Then the conversation from the front seats started to fill the air in the backseat near me. I could hear the driver telling my then husband, "Your wife is gonna divorce you, you do realize that?"....Really? A conversation of much concern to me, being held directly in front of me, as if I weren't there? As far as those two were concerned, they didn't feel I would ever actually remember any of the details because they knew full well what they had done to me. much to their dismay,I wouldn't put the pieces together for another two weeks. Eventually they arrived at their destination. My then spouse had his "equipment" out, in effort of preparing himself for what was ahead through the gate of the apartment complex we'd entered. The only reason I knew that was taking place in the front seat was because the driver asked him why he was doing that. He also asked him where he found the girls they were there to meet, it was stated with full sarcasm 1 800 hot babes. What took place in front of my very eyes was traumatizing, as my then husband handed this biracial young girl the ecstasy she asked him about while telling her to get in the car and on top of him. She even asked who I was, she was told I was nobody. All the while in my mind, I'm screaming, "I'm his fucking wife!!!", as tears rolled down my face. My face, mind you, I could not turn in disgust. I had no choice. I could only hear what was being said around me, and see what was directly in the sight of my two tear filled eyes.There were still another grueling 5-6 hours of discussion to come through, where they actually attempted to hypnotize me, and yes....after they handed me a gun (safety on) and its clip filled with bullets they thought I would use to kill myself with (boy, were they wrong....I would have gone to jail forever had I figured out how to turn the safety of, put the clip in and ready the weapon to fire).....all the while, I was still yet to be struck in the back of the head with the butt of a 9mm which, I believe was what caused my temporary amnesia, well, along with the trauma of course. I'd sobered up enough before that to help myself out of that car and into the house, after all, he had forgotten I was ever even in the back of that car, even argued with his so-called friend, supervisor, drug dealer. I can tell you exactly what it was like being under influence of these two paired life threatening substances. I've been under the knife for two major surgeries in my life prior to that night, woke during both of those procedures. Silly stupid man, did he forget that? Did he forget my memory is one of my best attributes, my mind???!!!??? See, during a major surgical procedure, you are under the care of trained and highly educated doctors and they still had trouble shutting my conscious mind down for surgery. How many of you are actually aware, when you are under anesthesia, you aren't just merely sleeping, though it is much like it, you are in a paralyzed state of mind and body. What happened to me was my body was paralyzed, the rest of me knew full well exactly what was taking place. So, now you have it first hand, the details of a horrific, twisted keyhole. I could have very easily been accidentally killed that night, and I wonder to this day, had that been the outcome, would my body have ever been found? And, how much pain my two boys would have endured had they lost their mother the night their father could not control his narcissistic urges to put himself on exhibit. end, supervisor, drug dealer. I can tell you exactly what it was like being under influence of these two paired life threatening substances. I've been under the knife for two major surgeries in my life prior to that night, woke during both of those procedures. Silly stupid man, did he forget that? Did he forget my memory is one of my best attributes, my mind???!!!??? See, during a major surgical procedure, you are under the care of trained and highly educated doctors and they still had trouble shutting my conscious mind down for surgery. How many of you are actually aware, when you are under anesthesia, you aren't just merely sleeping, though it is much like it, you are in a paralyzed state of mind and body. What happened to me was my body was paralyzed, the rest of me knew full well exactly what was taking place. So, now you have it first hand, the details of a horrific, twisted keyhole. I could have very easily been accidentally killed that night, and I wonder to this day, had that been the outcome, would my body have ever been found? And, how much pain my two boys would have endured had they lost their mother the night their father could not control his narcissistic urges to put himself on exhibit.

i do think that GBL/GHB consumption even on the tail end of dissociatives is a gnarly combination.

Personally, I took my usual 1.8mL of GBL on the VERY tail end of a 40mg (not too intense) MXE trip, 3 hours in, and was absolutely FLOORED. I can attest to the loss of physical control - I felt totally paralyzed, my respiratory function was incredibly depressed.

Now, I think I had reached the very edge of the acceptable threshold for this combination - that is, it was extremely intensely blissful, to the point where it was almost scary - but I still quite enjoyed the experience. I listened to Chopin's nocturnes and the music sounded crystal clear and extremely tonal, quite unlike on MXE alone or GBL alone. It was like Ivan Moravec was in the room, hammering away at a Steinway concert grand right in front of me, but I could perceive the tonality quite a bit more sharply than I usually can. It was a beautiful but worrying experience, and thus I'm not too wont to repeat it.

At the hands of my now ex-husband of 20+ years. It takes a special breed of off the chart narcissism for a man to risk the life of his wife and mother of his children but he did it. Specifically, he dosed my drink with GHB (without my knowledge) and his intention was to leave me at his dealer's house with his dealer's wife. I, however, was aware he was leaving and because I was just beginning to feel uncomfortable with where I was, who I was being left with, and being off balance (feeling fuzzy in my own mind), I insisted they take me with them to go "to the store". It was then, he and his supervisor from work (the dealer), tried to tell me I had taken Ecstasy and needed to put my head back and "let the roll kick in". Anyone who knows anything about GHB knows; GHB feels much like you are on Ecstasy, and I only know of that particular night where GHB (and Ketamine) had our only encounter in life. The drink I had been waiting on for about 2 hours and requesting repeatedly over those two hours (because mine turned up missing), is what I had been told we were going to the store to buy. It was when we stopped at the local Exxon station, I felt the sharp prick of the needle. We probably didn't cover 15 miles of driving that night, although it felt like an eternity. His supervisor was making deliveries for his "self employ/moonlighting" job. Not much time passed before I could no longer hold my head in one spot, let alone up at all. I actually had no choice and it was becoming very evident even in my now heavily clouded head. All I could say in the confines of my own head was, 'What is going on with me?...This doesn't feel right!....I know I didn't take any pills!". I certainly could no longer speak with my lips, Then the conversation from the front seats started to fill the air in the backseat near me. I could hear the driver telling my then husband, "Your wife is gonna divorce you, you do realize that?"....Really? A conversation of much concern to me, being held directly in front of me, as if I weren't there? As far as those two were concerned, they didn't feel I would ever actually remember any of the details because they knew full well what they had done to me. much to their dismay,I wouldn't put the pieces together for another two weeks. Eventually they arrived at their destination. My then spouse had his "equipment" out, in effort of preparing himself for what was ahead through the gate of the apartment complex we'd entered. The only reason I knew that was taking place in the front seat was because the driver asked him why he was doing that. He also asked him where he found the girls they were there to meet, it was stated with full sarcasm 1 800 hot babes. What took place in front of my very eyes was traumatizing, as my then husband handed this biracial young girl the ecstasy she asked him about while telling her to get in the car and on top of him. She even asked who I was, she was told I was nobody. All the while in my mind, I'm screaming, "I'm his fucking wife!!!", as tears rolled down my face. My face, mind you, I could not turn in disgust. I had no choice. I could only hear what was being said around me, and see what was directly in the sight of my two tear filled eyes.There were still another grueling 5-6 hours of discussion to come through, where they actually attempted to hypnotize me, and yes....after they handed me a gun (safety on) and its clip filled with bullets they thought I would use to kill myself with (boy, were they wrong....I would have gone to jail forever had I figured out how to turn the safety of, put the clip in and ready the weapon to fire).....all the while, I was still yet to be struck in the back of the head with the butt of a 9mm which, I believe was what caused my temporary amnesia, well, along with the trauma of course. I'd sobered up enough before that to help myself out of that car and into the house, after all, he had forgotten I was ever even in the back of that car, even argued with his so-called friAt the hands of my now ex-husband of 20+ years. It takes a special breed of off the chart narcissism for a man to risk the life of his wife and mother of his children but he did it. Specifically, he dosed my drink with GHB (without my knowledge) and his intention was to leave me at his dealer's house with his dealer's wife. I, however, was aware he was leaving and because I was just beginning to feel uncomfortable with where I was, who I was being left with, and being off balance (feeling fuzzy in my own mind), I insisted they take me with them to go "to the store". It was then, he and his supervisor from work (the dealer), tried to tell me I had taken Ecstasy and needed to put my head back and "let the roll kick in". Anyone who knows anything about GHB knows; GHB feels much like you are on Ecstasy, and I only know of that particular night where GHB (and Ketamine) had our only encounter in life. The drink I had been waiting on for about 2 hours and requesting repeatedly over those two hours (because mine turned up missing), is what I had been told we were going to the store to buy. It was when we stopped at the local Exxon station, I felt the sharp prick of the needle. We probably didn't cover 15 miles of driving that night, although it felt like an eternity. His supervisor was making deliveries for his "self employ/moonlighting" job. Not much time passed before I could no longer hold my head in one spot, let alone up at all. I actually had no choice and it was becoming very evident even in my now heavily clouded head. All I could say in the confines of my own head was, 'What is going on with me?...This doesn't feel right!....I know I didn't take any pills!". I certainly could no longer speak with my lips, Then the conversation from the front seats started to fill the air in the backseat near me. I could hear the driver telling my then husband, "Your wife is gonna divorce you, you do realize that?"....Really? A conversation of much concern to me, being held directly in front of me, as if I weren't there? As far as those two were concerned, they didn't feel I would ever actually remember any of the details because they knew full well what they had done to me. much to their dismay,I wouldn't put the pieces together for another two weeks. Eventually they arrived at their destination. My then spouse had his "equipment" out, in effort of preparing himself for what was ahead through the gate of the apartment complex we'd entered. The only reason I knew that was taking place in the front seat was because the driver asked him why he was doing that. He also asked him where he found the girls they were there to meet, it was stated with full sarcasm 1 800 hot babes. What took place in front of my very eyes was traumatizing, as my then husband handed this biracial young girl the ecstasy she asked him about while telling her to get in the car and on top of him. She even asked who I was, she was told I was nobody. All the while in my mind, I'm screaming, "I'm his fucking wife!!!", as tears rolled down my face. My face, mind you, I could not turn in disgust. I had no choice. I could only hear what was being said around me, and see what was directly in the sight of my two tear filled eyes.There were still another grueling 5-6 hours of discussion to come through, where they actually attempted to hypnotize me, and yes....after they handed me a gun (safety on) and its clip filled with bullets they thought I would use to kill myself with (boy, were they wrong....I would have gone to jail forever had I figured out how to turn the safety of, put the clip in and ready the weapon to fire).....all the while, I was still yet to be struck in the back of the head with the butt of a 9mm which, I believe was what caused my temporary amnesia, well, along with the trauma of course. I'd sobered up enough before that to help myself out of that car and into the house, after all, he had forgotten I was ever even in the back of that car, even argued with his so-called friend, supervisor, drug dealer. I can tell you exactly what it was like being under influence of these two paired life threatening substances. I've been under the knife for two major surgeries in my life prior to that night, woke during both of those procedures. Silly stupid man, did he forget that? Did he forget my memory is one of my best attributes, my mind???!!!??? See, during a major surgical procedure, you are under the care of trained and highly educated doctors and they still had trouble shutting my conscious mind down for surgery. How many of you are actually aware, when you are under anesthesia, you aren't just merely sleeping, though it is much like it, you are in a paralyzed state of mind and body. What happened to me was my body was paralyzed, the rest of me knew full well exactly what was taking place. So, now you have it first hand, the details of a horrific, twisted keyhole. I could have very easily been accidentally killed that night, and I wonder to this day, had that been the outcome, would my body have ever been found? And, how much pain my two boys would have endured had they lost their mother the night their father could not control his narcissistic urges to put himself on exhibit. end, supervisor, drug dealer. I can tell you exactly what it was like being under influence of these two paired life threatening substances. I've been under the knife for two major surgeries in my life prior to that night, woke during both of those procedures. Silly stupid man, did he forget that? Did he forget my memory is one of my best attributes, my mind???!!!??? See, during a major surgical procedure, you are under the care of trained and highly educated doctors and they still had trouble shutting my conscious mind down for surgery. How many of you are actually aware, when you are under anesthesia, you aren't just merely sleeping, though it is much like it, you are in a paralyzed state of mind and body. What happened to me was my body was paralyzed, the rest of me knew full well exactly what was taking place. So, now you have it first hand, the details of a horrific, twisted keyhole. I could have very easily been accidentally killed that night, and I wonder to this day, had that been the outcome, would my body have ever been found? And, how much pain my two boys would have endured had they lost their mother the night their father could not control his narcissistic urges to put himself on exhibit.
This is a very odd thread. It was started in 2001, when PuristLove posts, then "keyhole" posts in 2010 -- editing their very short post four hours after its inception -- then ReddCurls makes a monolithic post in 2012 where the term "keyhole" appears twice in an insensible manner (inside a repeated set of sentences). PuristLove is quoted, but it's unclear what the relevance of the quotation is. Additional oddities abound but I'm not going to bother typing them. I've been drinking and using MXE, and am about to fall asleep, and this is a very confusing way to leave consciousness... When I wake up I want a simple explanation for this please.

i do think that GBL/GHB consumption even on the tail end of dissociatives is a gnarly combination.

Personally, I took my usual 1.8mL of GBL on the VERY tail end of a 40mg (not too intense) MXE trip, 3 hours in, and was absolutely FLOORED. I can attest to the loss of physical control - I felt totally paralyzed, my respiratory function was incredibly depressed.

Now, I think I had reached the very edge of the acceptable threshold for this combination - that is, it was extremely intensely blissful, to the point where it was almost scary - but I still quite enjoyed the experience. I listened to Chopin's nocturnes and the music sounded crystal clear and extremely tonal, quite unlike on MXE alone or GBL alone. It was like Ivan Moravec was in the room, hammering away at a Steinway concert grand right in front of me, but I could perceive the tonality quite a bit more sharply than I usually can. It was a beautiful but worrying experience, and thus I'm not too wont to repeat it.
Bang! I bet Ket+GHB in acceptable doses is bliss as well. Certain nights with the right doses I would attain the strangest yet most blissful states I think I might have achieved on any GHB combo i've done. I remember once I almost carped out because I got ballsy(thanks MXE!;);))and dosed a bit higher on a redose a couple hours later. Ended up in a state of extreme bliss before thankfully laying down and coming the closest i've ever come to carpeting out of GHB but yet being awake. It was a peculiar state indeed. I know the feeling of actually passing out on G before and after somewhat well and this state was so oddly different. I can never find GHB scary like others do, though I see why they would. It simply melts my anxiety away like butter. Since i'm coincidentally coming down from a dose of MXE now I wish I had a mild dose of GHB to add to sparkle up this ending(I doubt anyone should follow though, I think i'd combine GHB with nearly anything that wouldn't outright kill me;)).....