Writing-up Quality of Life, Mood and Recreational drugs

elena_s

Greenlighter
Hello,

My name is Elena Swift. I am a postgraduate student at the University of Bath, England. I am researching the relationship between quality of life, emotions/mood, and recreational drug use... or more accurately, whether there is a relationship between them.

I am seeking adults (18+) living in the UK to complete a simple online survey. It generally takes less than 10 minutes to complete. It is entirely anonymous. It does ask about recreational drug use, but you don’t need to have ever used any drugs to take part.

You can find it here:
https://www.survey.bath.ac.uk/welcomeqolrec

The survey will be open until August 15th, 2011.
This research has ethics approval from the Department of Psychology Ethics Committee at the University of Bath.

Unfortunately I cannot offer any reimbursement for your participation (except my eternal gratitude!). If you require any other information, please contact me at [email protected] or by Bluelight private message.

Thank you

Elena

Hi Elena... I just completed your survey. It seems that people from an international audience can participate... or are you just interested in people from UK?

It's an easy survey and fairly well designed, certainly didn't feel like a burden to complete as some of the surveys posted here can be! Well done!

Hi Tronica, thanks for filling it out, and it's good to know that it's easy enough to get through, I did cut out some things from what I originally thought to include.
I'm primarily interested in people from the UK, because the version of the Quality of Life questionnaire is specifically the British version, and it's easier to discuss the end results if it's country specific... but yeah, it's open to international people too :)

Completed. I'm not from the UK, though I've lived in London for a bit. But I hope you find my responses useful anyway. :D

It was a nice survey too, short and concise. It didn't feel like a chore like many other surveys which turn me away. :|

Thank you all for completing the survey, and for the positive comments! It is still open to anyone who is interested in filling it out (UK or not). All going well so far.

:)

I started to do it, I would have finished if I didn't smoke cigarettes :p Because tobacco was included as a recreational drug my answers were getting confusing. I think some drugs I take (cannabis, psychedelics, dissociatives) are beneficial, and I use them responsibly. But I really hate smoking (and drinking, though I don't drink that much) and want to quit. So I feel that some drugs are helpful, while others cause more harm than good, and I couldn't give clear answers to some of the questions.

Thanks for the feedback... I've had a couple other comments about including/excluding tobacco and alcohol with other recreational drugs.. it is pretty important to include them, but also because so many different things are included the following questions are deliberately non-specific. Thanks for giving it a shot anyway :)

done it. but there is some small reimbursement you could give to us all, tell us what your recreational drug use is like, whats your DOC. heroin? or just a bit of weed?

Haha, thank you, and that's a pretty reasonable question... but I feel like this is a damned if I do, damned if I don't sort of situation.
I hope you'll understand if I can't answer because a) I might incriminate myself and b) this is linked to my 'professional' life ;)