• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Gary Johnson stands up to Sean Hannity over marijuana legalization

Bluelight Crew
Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, a GOP candidate for president, refused to back down from Fox News' Sean Hannity on the issue of legalizing marijuana last night.

In a 20-minute segment on Hannity's show, Johnson fared relatively well in an interview with the host who oscillated between complimentary stances and antagonistic stances.

Hannity called Johnson a "lesser known" candidate who is a "big underdog," but was generally hospitable to Johnson's ideas -- except when it came to drug legalization.

"There's not one thing you've said so far that I disagree with," Hannity said, before getting into the decriminalization of drugs.

That's when Hannity said the discussion got "heated."

"Half of what we spend on law enforcement, the courts and the prisons is drug related and to what end?" Johnson asked. "$70 billion per year. We're arresting 1.8 million people a year in this country. And, we now have 2.3 million people behind bars. We have the highest incarceration rate of any country in the world."

Johnson said he's evaluated the issue from a "cost-benefit analysis" standpoint and determined decriminalization to be the wisest route.

Johnson compared marijuana to alcohol and said there was a difference between the two.

"Marijuana is a lot safer than alcohol," he said.

Hannity disagreed, and later referred to Johnson's views on this issue as "repugnant" and a "moral destruction" to the "human soul."

He said he didn't want the state to become "a pusher" and create "a bunch of junkies."

full @ http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...alization-drug-legalization-decriminalization

if the subjugated masses of the drug community do not vote as a bloc, they will never have their freedom.

Gary Johnson: I want to decriminalize marijuana
Sean Hannity: What do you do with people so needing a fix for heroin that they would kill their own mother?

I don't have any words to describe this 8)

^ because the state/ those in power are already pushers.
They provide steady, affordable access to tobacco, alcohol, and even caffeine.
And, yes, there are pharmaceuticals as well.
They create junkies or allow people to become junkies.
They support it by allowing alcohol and tobacco to be sold almost everywhere, as opposed to how they treat non-addictive drugs like cannabis and mushrooms.
They allow tens of thousands of children to be prescribed ritalin and other addictive stimulants.
They allow tens of thousands to adults to get addicted to valium and other drugs.

Hannity disagreed, and later referred to Johnson's views on this issue as "repugnant" and a "moral destruction" to the "human soul."

If you can't win the argument with logic, simply play the moral high card, declaring that what your opponent wants is "immoral". That should get 'em. 8)

He said he didn't want the state to become "a pusher" and create "a bunch of junkies."

HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHA
Is this all the super-turbo-conservatives have to say nowadays? LOL
MORAL DESTRUCTION TO THE HUMAN SOUL ROFLMAO LOLWTFBBQ!!!
Weed would be legalized if not so many people would be christians and actually believe that shit. (im fkn christian but i still have a brain).
If youre a trueblood politician why would you care about the human soul!?!? NOT UNLESS U GET PAID FOR CARING.

Gary Johnson is such a badass, finally someone with some power said it.

I got to tell you, I think most of these people are scumbags, but if this guys not completely full of shit (I'm assuming he's at partially, he is after all a politician), I could see registering to vote for the first time in my 25 years on this planet to back him.

I have to read more about him. I usually don't follow this shit since it's been such a grueling nightmare most of my life.

This Hannity guys a real fucking asshole.

Absolute fearmongering bullshit. Makes me want to vomit. Is all of Fox News like that? I haven't watched television in like 5 years.

He quotes arbitrary hearsay and tries so hard to cut him off. Glad this guy was such an outspoken presence. He really fought for the cause, I'm for this guy.

"If you've got to be educated not to stick a needle in your arm..."

I'm speechless. Ever get in an accident asshole? Guess what they do. Stick a fucking fat needle of morphine in your ignorant, unoriginal, stupid fucking arm and you thank god for that sweet MEDICINE. First and foremost.

I'm getting chills listening to this guy.

I got to tell you, I think most of these people are scumbags, but if this guys not completely full of shit (I'm assuming he's at partially, he is after all a politician), I could see registering to vote for the first time in my 25 years on this planet to back him.

I have to read more about him. I usually don't follow this shit since it's been such a grueling nightmare most of my life.

Yeah I have still yet to vote in 24 years, there hasn't been anyone worth voting for. This guy, yeah maybe. Thanks for the uncut version, Fox news is horrible. They are just more obvious then other media outlets.

Yeah Hannity has always sucked it hard. Are you from out of the country? cause his bullshit is well ingrained in American life.

Nope. New Yorker.

I make it habit never to focus on that shit when it's on for too long. I knew it was bad juju, and I knew about ridiculous shit like Glenn Beck from watching the Daily Show, I guess I just try not to expose myself with network news. :X

I doubt this guy will make the GOP ticket. I can hope... Fuck I'ma do a little more research and I'll even campaign for the guy if I have to. I've been looking for a reason to get into the hapless clusterfuck of politics.

Speaking of Beck, I ran into this yesterday: Must see for any Kids In The Hall fans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtBQqLRZXqA

It's sad he won't win given the libertarianism shit. I completely agree but, I'm voting for him.

My hate has greatly increased towards Hannity.

HANNITY STFU OMG

Last edited:
That Johnson made Hannity shut his mouth SO many times. I hate how interviewers Don't give people to the chance to fully respond to questions and this guy was prone to cut him off any time her was hearing something he didn't agree with even sometimes when he agreed with him.