• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Kids left alone in woods while parents get drug treatment

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Jacksonville, FL — Two young girls are left alone in the woods to live in a tent with no food or water, just the family dog.

The parents are now charged with child neglect and those girls, just three and four years-old, are being cared for by the DCF.

Cops in Union County say the girls were found wandering alone in the woods, while the parents were getting drug treatment at a methadone clinic.

cont at
http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local...s-get-drug-treat/nCgNR/?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

This doesn't sound like inpatient treatment, it sounds like they were going to get their doses and go.. They are trying to get clean, they probably couldn't afford a baby sitter... how long could they have left for? Like in their efforts to become clean and better parents, they had to do what they had to do.. if clinics offered small short term child care, this wouldn't be an issue.. Sounds like they dropped the kids off in the park for a little while.. I'd like to see pics of the parents, I bet they are hippie/ nature types.

=\ I wish there was more information

Tough one to pass judgement on. They were doing the right thing to some extent but they left a 3 and 4 year old kid in the woods. In Florida you got poisonous snakes, spiders, etc. Dangerous situation for little kids. There had to be another option.

Why couldnt they be parents?? atleast bring them with. Leave them in the car its a lot safer then the woods in most cases. why couldnt one go get there treatment while the other watches the kids? Then the other get there treatment. There were so many different options. They needed a fix. what they really need is there priortys straight

Why couldnt they be parents?? atleast bring them with. Leave them in the car its a lot safer then the woods in most cases. why couldnt one go get there treatment while the other watches the kids? Then the other get there treatment. There were so many different options. They needed a fix. what they really need is there priortys straight

It's Florida. I am sure they will be getting their priorities straight for a few years. Prison is definitely a big industry down there.

This doesn't sound like inpatient treatment, it sounds like they were going to get their doses and go.. They are trying to get clean, they probably couldn't afford a baby sitter... how long could they have left for? Like in their efforts to become clean and better parents, they had to do what they had to do.. if clinics offered small short term child care, this wouldn't be an issue.. Sounds like they dropped the kids off in the park for a little while.. I'd like to see pics of the parents, I bet they are hippie/ nature types.

=\ I wish there was more information

You're kidding right? I dont care where they needed to go to get cleaned up or for how long, there are better ways of doing things than leaving a 3 & 4 year old in the f**king woods. Either the drugs have screwed up their heads this severe or they are retarded....either way, they should not be parents to anyone!

^well it's the way it's written, you can't tell if they went into 28 day shit and left them to live in the woods, or if they left them across the street at a public park with the dog for 10 minutes because the center doesn't allow children inside or something. It's stupid to leave the kids alone at all, but we don't know just how dumb they were being. Like what if they couldn't bring them into the clinic / didn't want them to be exposed to all the addicts- what is worse in Florida, leave the kids and the dog locked in a car, or leave them in a park for a little while? Yeah, leave them with a friend or something, but what if you don't have any.. We really don't know what happened here.

^well it's the way it's written, you can't tell if they went into 28 day shit and left them to live in the woods, or if they left them across the street at a public park with the dog for 10 minutes because the center doesn't allow children inside or something. It's stupid to leave the kids alone at all, but we don't know just how dumb they were being. Like what if they couldn't bring them into the clinic / didn't want them to be exposed to all the addicts- what is worse in Florida, leave the kids and the dog locked in a car, or leave them in a park for a little while? Yeah, leave them with a friend or something, but what if you don't have any.. We really don't know what happened here.

What the hell is wrong with you?

There's 2 of them - they couldn't go one at a time?

^I think going one at a time while the other waits with the kids is a pretty logical solution, don't you?

I don't think there is a really good logical explanation for these two to leave their children in the woods alone. It's fucked up.

^I think going one at a time while the other waits with the kids is a pretty logical solution, don't you?

lol yeaaa I don't know why that wasn't the first thing I thought =p

hell, maybe these crazy bastards ditched em with the tent while the went for inpatient haha

its just irresponsible parenting. however you want to tart it up and justify it it will never be okay to do this no matter what the reason