• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

No Doz Plus - experiences, positives, negatives?

melancholic

Bluelighter
the ingredients of a tablet are as follows:
caffeine 100mg
nicotonic acid 10mg
thiamine hydrochloride 10mg
it says on the packet the same amount of caffeine as a regular cup of coffee - this i disagree with. i am not an excessive coke/coffee/red bull etc drinker, and have not yet exhausted the effects of caffeine, i do know that a regular cup of coffee does not do what one of these tablets did for me. can anyone tell me what these other ingredients do?
it says not to repeat doses within 3 hours - with a max intake of 5 per day. while out recently, on a night without drugs (well, illegal drugs), i had 1 of these at 11.45, and another around 1.20am i danced consistently for probably around 1 hour, more than i do while rolling, and more afterwards, enough for in the morning to have pulled my right calf muscle a little, and to have sore limbs. it got to the point where i was really really wanting to dance more, but if i got up and jumped around a bit i noticed my heart was beating uncomfortably fast, but would slow down once i rested for 5 mins. so i toned down the dancing altogether and ended up leaving around 4.30.
i know it is natural for your heartbeat to increase its speed when your body is working hard, or when youve had any kind of ampthetamine - but this time it just felt kind of strained, more or less uncomfortable. is this because the amount of caffeine id had combined with the exercise i was doing too much for my body, or is it more likely that my heart goes in this manner when im on MDxx/speed, but just too distracted to notice it?
when ive used speed before ive never used much, and i mean not a lot at all. the amount of speed i use in one night would probably amount to a full line that many people would have before they even go out.
so, while i know both are not body-friendly substances, its it more or less better to have about 3 or 4 no doz tablets in one night or some speed?
*edit* sorry about the other thread i just noticed it, ive no idea how it appeared before i even wrote my post!
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: melancholic ]

I killed the other thread, don't worry 'bout it :)
The average cup of coffee contains between 75 & 125mg of caffeine. Red bull contains about 82mg of caffeine per 250ml can.
Nicotonic acid is vitamin B3 (niacin). It assists your body with releasing energy and metabolising carbohydrates, fats and proteins. There's plenty more info out there on it if you want to look it up.
Thiamine hydrochloride is vitamin B1. It plays a part in carbohydrate metabolism. Your body also uses it to metabolise glucose. Once again, there's plenty more information out there if you want it.
Regarding the uncomfortable heart beat, was it an irregular beat? If so, the following might be of interest... Caffeine can cause cardiac arhythmas (spelling anyone?) in some people. While it's usually confined to people with heart disease, it happens to those without the heart disease too.
I think the uncomfort and increased heart beat was simply because you overloaded your heart with stimulants and then committed to a physical workout. If you're a regular smoker, this would play an obvious part in it too... ;)
If you ask me there is no better or worse of recreational stimulant use as everyone gets a different level of enjoyment out of different substances. Weigh up the risks/rewards, and make your decision.
:)
[token edit]
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: apollo ]

hey im not a regular smoker anymore! didnt have one smoke on the night ;)
i did notice that on the packet that it said can cause 'rapid heart beat' or something, but my point was it felt uncomfortable when it happened - and i wanted to know why it doesnt feel as uncomfortable while using speed.
im after experiences more than anything else, i would probably make my own decision anyway :)

Ahhhh yes the good ol No Doz Plus.
I've tried these a few times when I've gone out, and well I'd say that this is one of the better things that you can have legally if you want to stay awake and have lots of energy.
However most of the times I had it I had some irregular heart beats too which made me panic a fair bit, but after going outside for awhile and sitting down it usually slows your heart right down.
Also another thing besides the irregular heartbeats is that you should really be careful with your timing with these things. Too many too soon can cause paranoia in a not very nice way. It's best to have one every 3 hours or so.
Oh when I tried to go to sleep after a night of these (had 3 in total), I found it rather difficult, it was like actually being able to sleep on speed, but having the speed dreams which means your brain isn't rested.
So yes it may make it a cheap night out, but it's also rather easy to have too many.

hehehe no doz plus...
i used to munch on these little babies for hours when i couldn't get my hands on anything... or had no money left over from the previous night.
i know what u mean about the heart racing, i get that as well, i dont take them anymore since dropping 4 in one night after munching on a speed bomb...sure they kept me charging but it was worst comedown of my life! i just found that they lifted me up heaps but dropped me like a dead possom... plus there's nothing worse than trying to get to sleep 2 days later and your heart feels like its jumping out of your body.
cheers, firebird

I can say quite confidently, that I have had the worst experience of my life on drugs with No Doz (which is saying something indeed). Obviously I was young(er) and naive, so my actions cannot be considered all together intelligent by any streach of the imagination. However, a significant caffine overdose involves 24 hours of abject, irrational, paranoid complete and utter terror. Couple this with the physical symptoms of heart palpitations, excessive sweating, uncontrollable shakes and vomiting makes this a really crap ride. Unlike other stimulants, caffine has really no euphoric effects beyond a certain low dose. Instead, as you go higher, anxiety and panic is all that is in store.
To this day, I have a compulsive habit of checking the pulse in my cartoid artery in order to reasurre me it is not racing or beating irregularly, a lingering habit from that horribly fucked period. In the months after, the experience scarred me with psychosomatic chest pains that were realistic enough for me to go and see a doctor and get a chest X-ray, ECG, and full bloodwork done. If you want my advice, stick very closely to the prescribed dose. The alternative really, really, sucks and will have you struggling to hold anything together.
[ 25 February 2003: Message edited by: -Thoth ]

a year ago or so.. i had quite a few "no-doze" tablets.. (can't remember how many exaclty mebe 5-6?? i'm not really sure.) and got some not nice tummy aches/sick feelings :/ *cough*
don't have too many! :)

I bought a packet of these years ago for when I was working at a monotonous job.
All they did was make me feel sick to the core.
Avoid if possible.
I would easily do many other things to get me jumpy over no doz.

interestingly enough, when i had a cone later that night, i got very stoned, and for lack of a better word, in a 'trippy-like' way. basically enhanced visuals, mindracing, dreamlike thoughts - more or less a lot more stoned than i normally get off one cone! anyway my point is, my girlfriend had a cone also and she was uncomfortably ripped, and my initial thought was that the caffeine mixed with the thc had caused a low level of paranoia, etc.
after taking two in one night, im well aware of how undesirable the effects of a high caffeine dose are. i always suspected as such anyway, since a couple cups of coffee and no food yields shakey hands, jumpy reactions/thoughts and a general feeling of uneasiness.

Well, No Doz Plus has basically also given me a fairly unpleasant experience as well. I combined probably half a packet (shared with a friend) with a few shots of vodka, and basically ended up wandering around for most of the night, as did my friend, feeling like shit, feeling ill, suffering arrythmia, and a bucketload of paranoia. In my opinion, if you want to dance all night, find a better legal alternative to No Doz, they do exist.
-plaz out-