Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Enlighten on JJJ

Airwalk

Bluelighter
Has any one managed to catch JJJ news today. Enlighten has recieved a fair bit of positive coverage regarding testing and getting police acceptance etc.

i sure did, i tried to record it but i was an hour late, the good stuff was in the previous hours newsbreak. did anyone record triple j news today?

no but I heard JB talk about impurities and how a policeman died after taking pills, one of which contained morphine.

I heard the early report too, thanks to Cowboy Mac's quick ICQ message hehe. JB did indeed speak about the blue tablets tested with morphine in them and the death of a police officer who was known to have died taking 'party drugs' that was linked to the same kind of tablet.
It was a really good soundbite. Hope the talk went well JB...
BigTrancer :)

I thought JB gave a great speech at the NDARC Party Drugs Symposium here in Sydney yesterday!
Unfortunately I had to leave a few minutes early so missed the end of the questions, but there was one really negative comment from a fellow speaker. JB handled it very well methought.
Well done JB!
:)
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: D&AWg ]

Nah Dave wasn't that negative (Dr David Caldicott, I feel I can call him Dave as we went and had pints of Guiness together afterwards). As he said, he was being a devil's advocate.
These are questions that need to be asked, and I usually have a pretty good answer for most of them. Basically it's good for everybody if the issues get raised.
Dr Caldicott has even offered t help us here at BL with information on GHB. He isn't very fond of that substance as it is him that has to deal with all of G ODs in Adelaide. In fact he "fockin' hates the stuff" (direct quote). But he is more than willing to help with writing up FAQs on it.

^ that he is willing to help and spread the correct information is great. i have no problems with every politician/doctor/whatever hating every drug in existence, their opinion is irrelevent to the issue. as long as they are prepared to fully understand the drug, spread accurate information/harm minimisation techniques, and devise laws which directly relate to the level of felony.
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: melancholic ]

Very positive step in the name of HM!
No, but I also heard part of the talk & it would have been quite insiteful to all who attended esp. to the people without much 'REAL' knowledge of ecstacy,etc...other than the stereo type which johnboy included in his talk ;) Well Done!

Getting unbiased information and help from someone who "fukin hates the stuff" doesn't sound right...

So JB where's the whole heads up on the Symposium or am I'm gunna have to beg!

So JB where's the whole heads up on the Symposium or am I'm gunna have to beg!

leprechaun: read wot melancholic posted. and anyways, walk a mile in David's shoes, or rather speak to as many parents of dead kids as he has, and try and be impartial.
information is neutrel, and that's what we are all trying to provide. people are not neutrel and never can be, but hopefully they can put it aside when it counts.
airwalk: when i get a chance. it was a whole day, 6 hours of talking, never mind the networking outside of the rooms. check your mail.
[ 21 February 2003: Message edited by: johnboy ]

Yup, I thought the speech was nicely done. Formal yet casual and you seem to have got your point across. Is there a transcript/soundbite of the questions that were directed to you?

I'll do a transcrip of the questions over the weekend. Next conference I'll just take a line out of the mixer so this won't be a problem again.