Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Acid info request: 'California blanks', Melbourne

pingin'hard

Bluelighter
Today I obtained a tab of 'California blank' acid which was on plain white paper.I havn't seen any acid since 'Buddahs' and I was wondering if these babies are worth the go.If anyone has tried or heard anything about them feedback is appreciated.
Cheers.

SOOO very beautiful - so very strong, easily up there with the stongest acid i have ever come across. If's the same batch as i've come across, the source has left the country (literally) so there will be no more comming from where these pieces of paper goodness have come from.
In terms of effects, hits within 30 minutes, no stomach troubles, very energetic acid that easily lasts 6 hours before slowly cruising back down - say another 3 hours.
Great fun, just watch your dosages (half what you'd normally do) - but no one i know has a single bad thing to say about it.

I heard the come-down was a killer..... possibly more intense then the rest. they are cut and not torn tabs right. If so then i heard they are damn strong but i wouldn't try sleeping on comedowns. Basically find a really good setting to do them in :)
Peace

Cannot speak from personal experience, but from all reports from close friends these are the business.
Clean, potent - about time we had something decent around here.

The term "San Frans" have also been used for these tabs. I've had them twice and found them very enjoyable. There fairly strong and clean. Overall, very enjoyable......

I wonder how acid can be unclean in this respect? Impurities would be inactive at the quantity of product that is soaked on tabs. I understand the intensity factor, the greater the level of saturation of LSD in the solvent per volume, the greater the dosage on a single tab.
To me cleanliness comes more from the psychological/set/setting point of view. By promoting a certain batch of acid you are most likely already implanting a subconcious expectation and anticapation. Hence the outcome of the experience may be guided by those preconceptions.
Would love to hear what you guys think. :)
[ 22 February 2003: Message edited by: Leprechaun ]

^ you got it in a nutshell Leprechaun. If anyone thinks otherwise, do a search on this board, or anywhere else for that matter.
Acid is Acid; a highly active synthetic compound only present in tiny amounts on blotters. Any inactive impurities will only be present in sub-tiny amounts (except perhaps solvent) but none will have any CNS effects whatsoever.
There are some analogues of acid which are active, and even a recently discovered phenethylamine analogue which is more active than LSD in binding to human 5-HT2A receptors.**
But for many reasons these compounds are highly unlikely to appear on the street in the near future….but then again who really knows?
Disregarding impurities etc. individual dosage, set, setting, anticipation and expectation are realistically the only variables....I think a good logo can also do wonders ;)
Long ago blotter trips were around which featured an Escher print over the whole sheet. Although not that strong, they were regarded as pure fun! fun! fun! No wonder really, with the way people marveled over the print and speculated which piece of the drawing would give the best effect 8)
** (Bromo-benzodifuranyl-isopropylamine, a cyclized analogue of DOB - J. Med. Chem. 41, 5148 1998 M. A. Parker et al.).

I don't wish to argue chemical business with Phase Dancer because I'm sure I'll come off second best. However experience tends to suggest other than mere psychological differences.
For one thing you needed to see a sheet of those echers to know what they were, single doses barely had any picture at all. I heard plenty of people calling them 'pink and blue squares', but all reported a very clean trip.
My uneducated opinion is a combination of how well the acid has been handled along with impurities. Is is possible for LSD (or its analogues) to break down due to contact with heat/moisture/light into slightly active forms. Or could these inactives become active when combined with LSD. After all even if they don't bind to receptor sites could an LSD enhanced state make you aware of these impurities entering your body.
Certainly LSD is going to be manufactured by someone alot more chemically knowledeable than your average meth or MDMA cook. But nevertheless I don't see why impurities and intermediates could not be laid along with LSD. Not to mention its analogues.

I think it has been pretty well agreed upon that any impurities and breakdown products, for all intents and puposes are inactive. But there are other analogues which do have some activity. As said, it is more a question of potency. ALD 52 is active at the 170ug level, but it readily hydrolyses through bad handling (or over time) to LSD. Some people have claimed that ALD 52 produces different effects. Shulgin thinks otherwise
TiHKAL 26
If ALD-52 hydrolyses so easily to LSD, and the body is indeed a hydrolytic instrument, then these two drugs should be absolutely equivalent in every particular,....
Last year Dr David Nichols et al, released a paper regarding the binding of LSD. He mentions several potent analogues of LSD.
Lysergamides of Isomeric 2,4-Dimethylazetidines Map the Binding Orientation of the Diethylamide Moiety in the Potent Hallucinogenic Agent N,N-Diethyllysergamide (LSD)
J. Med. Chem., 45 (19), 4344-4349 (2002)
Lysergic acid amides were prepared from (R,R)-(-)-, (S,S)-(+)-, and cis-2,4-dimethyl azetidine. The dimethylazetidine moiety is considered here to be a rigid analogue of diethylamine, and thus, the target compounds are all conformationally constrained analogues of the potent hallucinogenic agent, N,N-diethyllysergamide, LSD-25.
Pharmacological evaluation showed that (S,S)-(+)-2,4-dimethylazetidine gave a lysergamide with the highest LSD-like behavioral activity in the rat two lever drug discrimination model that was slightly more potent than LSD itself. This same diastereomer also had the highest affinity and functional potency at the rat serotonin 5-HT2A receptor, the presumed target for hallucinogenic agents, and a receptor affinity profile in a panel of screens that was most similar to that of LSD itself.
Both cis- and the (R,R)-trans-dimethylazetidines gave lysergamides that were less potent in all relevant assays.....
I guess it’s conceivable that others could have discovered these compounds before Nichols group, as well as other newer analogues thought to have activity, but I think it would be improbable, as the chemistry gets pretty serious and requires state of the art equipment and expensive chemicals.
The only real way of finding out if other compounds are common in blotters, liquid etc would be to analyze the LSD in question. Looking at lab reports for past police LSD seizures may help.
If I again get the chance to talk to the chief of forensics drug research I met recently, I’ll put this question to him.
Plague Bearer, your question of possible interactions with side reaction or break down impurities is interesting. Synergy or potentiation can often be complicated to predict, particularly when concerning the incredibly complex pharmacophore of LSD at receptors. LSD and some (non-breakdown) analogues are known to be agonists also at 5HT1a receptors, resulting in short period increases in serotonin levels.
With the nature of LSD, I think it would be difficult at the least to achieve repeatable results of test using LSD + specific impurities. Human tests would probably be prohibited anyway, and mice just can’t quite explain well enough. Perhaps as Rhodium suggested, the mice could tap out Morse code on their little beeping delivery levers ;)

Originally posted by phase_dancer:
Some people have claimed that ALD 52 produces different effects. Shulgin thinks otherwise
Now I hate to nitpick, but that was not the conclusion Shulgin reached. Rather he was explaining a court case in which the people behind a batch of ALD-52 'trips' were claiming they hadn't done anything illegal. The claim that ALD-52 hydrolyses readily to LSD was made by the prosecution, who naturally wanted to secure a court victory. Not that I doubt it hydrolyses to LSD easily.
From TiHKAL (LSD):
The prosecution claimed that as it hydrolyses readily to LSD, for all intents and purposes it was LSD, and anyway, you had to go through the illegal LSD to get to ALD-52 by any of the known chemical syntheses. The defendants were found guilty.
Phase Dancer, I'm glad you have some knowledge which might lend support to such speculation on my part.
I think it is quite conceivable (considering the clandestine nature of such production) that ergot alkaloids may appear in trace amounts in samples of LSD. This would go a long way towards accounting for stomach upsets and dirty feelings which accomponies some trips.
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: Plague Bearer ]

Plague Bearer, never feel bad bout nit-picking, I usually ask for it ;) You are right I did incorrectly say Shulgin stated this. Nevertheless, I would be very surprised if he thought otherwise.