Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Code Blue Harm reduction Canberra/ Sydney looking for volunteers

madmick19

Bluelight Crew
Code Blue harm reduction services is a canberra based peer education group that have been running sucessfully for almost two years.Our end goal is to increase the ability of our peers to positively influence their own health and safety, by providing the tools and information needed to make informed decisions
as the title says we are looking for volunteers
as most of the canberra bluelighters know us and most of them practice what we preach it would be helpful if they could donate their time.we are also looking for non bluelighters to help with stalls and associated runnings of code blue.
as their are really only three of the original group still living in canberra we need extra help..
if you are interested please contact me (michael)
on 0414 259 703 or email me: [email protected]
:)
i dont have bluelighters ph numbers from canb so if youre interested give us a call
we also should be starting to go to sydney parties as well, we are in the middle of talks with promoters and dj who are trying to get us into their parties....this will be run by DJC* in sydney
[ 18 February 2003: Message edited by: madmick19 ]
[ 23 February 2003: Message edited by: madmick19 ]
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: madmick19 ]

Snort *ahem* i mean bump....
c'mon canberra bluelighters, i expected more responses from you guys
[ 22 February 2003: Message edited by: madmick19 ]

Is it possible to add SYD to the thread title to see what sort of interest we have here in SYD as well?? I know some people in the Social Thread have posted that they are interested, but i'd like to see how many people from THIS forum would aslo be interested.
Cheers~
DJC*
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: DJC* ]

I'm in Sydney, and would be interested in helping out in some way if possible.
DJC has my number, so contact me through him :)

thanx nick,
when we have enough interest in sydney, ill arrange a weekend meeting where i can drive up and have a meeting with the present members of codeblue sydney

DJC and I have emailed a couple of times about the TRIBES application pending for doing peer-based harm reduction at parties.
while we couldn't bring pilltesting activities fully under that banner, and i'm sure you guys wouldn't want to anyway, there may be a fair bit of scope for us to support you, assuming the application is passed, which i don't see any impediment to (project will most likely operate june '03 - june04)
things like:
* our transport costs would be covered so you could come with us to cut down on your expenses, likewise we'd have lots of food and whatnot we'd be happy to share
* collaborating on resources so as to promote your existence and activities
other stuff i can't think of at the moment. when you're organising a meeting i'd love to come along; i'd be keen to get involved in testing anyway.

I would love to help out in Sydney, I (very very very very very) vaugely remember telling DJC* about this many moons ago.
Consider my interest valid.

DJC
Enonx and i would love to help you :) Ok so i haven't asked him yet but i'm sure he would.

righto im in the process of copying all the stuff for sydney and in the middle of talks with promoters....
ill organise to come up one weekend and meet all you guys :)

OK Guys, this is fantastic, its looks like we have a huge number of people interested in volunteering for the SYD Code Blue/Ravesafe whatever its called project. :)
mibrane We MUST meetup real soon, and swap notes/ideas. It would be great if you could make it to one of our stalls one day (next one being HERE).
To everyone else, i've printed out this page and got all your emails. After our next stall in CBR on the 16th March (if anyone can make it please do) i should have some more info for you all regarding where we stand, so i'll email you all or post on here, so keep an eye on this thread for more details later.
If anyone wants one of our brochures i have a bundle at home, so those that know where i live feel free to drop over and pick one up to read.
DJC*