Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Testing Meth (ice) with Mandelin 2

MOTOMAN

Bluelighter
Hey I tested some meth (ice) with the mandelin 2 tester and it came up nothing. I taste tested it and it sure does taste like meth. Just curious if anyone else has done this and come up with the same result. It did not change colour one bit.
And also just for the record I got just some plain old salt from the cupboard and tested it! Came up as ketamine! Now that's weird how meth doesn't but then salt does....hmmmmmm. Loosing some faith in the good old tester I think! It's either time for a new one or they are just shithouse at indicating anything other then an MDXX substance.

It's probably good to replace your kits every 6 months or so. I've noticed old Mandelin can be a bit slow on colour reaction to amphetamine/ meth.
Using as many different types of reagents as possible allows you to identify a suspect reagent more easily. For instance, in doing three tests; the Mandelin may have failed due to age etc. but Marquis together with Simons may have given a good indication that the compound was meth.

did u just test a little chunk? maybe u got a chunk of stuff it was cut with?
M

I recommend you have a look over the Posting Guidelines and FAQ from the Pill Testing forum as it's got a lot of information on different reasons why what you've mentioned could have happened.
:)

Most probable: reagent too old. Mandelin isn't too bad, but marquise is the worst.
As well as: as been stated many times street gear is almost never over 25% purity. So your "ice" could possibly be something like 10% pure which would give fuck all colour.
I have tested some average rock before (estimated 10% - 15% purity) and it came up as VERY slight blue-green. Chuck that into marquise, and you get bright orange. I have also tested a chunk of a speed pill once it turned mandeline BRIGHT blue... obviously the little chunk of the pill just happened to contain a speck of VERY pure meth which I can safely assume no one will ever probably see out on the street as speed powder.

I got a small hard rock out of it (it was 95% rock) and crushed it up and tested it. I understand that it might be an old tester but how come it tested up with SALT an not the Meth, just a bit weird I reckon.
I'm going to just think it's the old tester...must be. It's definetly good meth though, just had some tonight and it good, very good.

to make your marquis reagent last longer store it in the fridge, it lasts two - four times longer from my own experience. the mandelin must not be kept in the fridge though, it will ruin it.

I would really like to know how anyone can estimate the purity of their gear. Even crystals straight out of a dirty speed lab which haven't been stepped on will contain impurities & are extremely unlikely to be pure.
Most of these impurities (as apposed to cutting agents) are not inactive, rather it is a combination of meth and these impurities which creates the overall speeding effect. This is even before god knows how many dealers cut it with god knows what.
I doubt any of us have had pure meth. And if we did, we'd probably be dissapointed. Pure meth should be free of jaw clenches, jitters, and the euphoric rushes we've all come to love. I remember hearing tweakers complaining about the ice when it first came out, claiming to prefer 'speed' because of the heavier rush. Of course now they all love the ice and wouldn't go back.
My personal advice would be to steer clear of the ice. If you do use it, cut it yourself.

Originally posted by Plague Bearer:

I doubt any of us have had pure meth. And if we did, we'd probably be dissapointed. Pure meth should be free of jaw clenches, jitters, and the euphoric rushes we've all come to love. I remember hearing tweakers complaining about the ice when it first came out, claiming to prefer 'speed' because of the heavier rush. Of course now they all love the ice and wouldn't go back.
My personal advice would be to steer clear of the ice. If you do use it, cut it yourself.

very strange comments indeed. esp the last bit of "advice"

Personally i would have figured "pure" meth gives jaw clenches, jitters and without a doubt euphoric rushes. The latter is why its taken, the euphoria caused by the release of massive amounts of dopamine and a little serotonin if the dose is high enough.
I certainly agree certain adulterants cause side effects, but often the desired drug is responsible for the majority of any effects which would be often called "side" effects.
Take "pure" MDMA: inability to control temperature is a direct side effect. Jaw clenching and muscle cramps is an indirect side effect, caused by low concentrations of magnesium, due to low salts overall in the blood. Which almost always happens if MDMA is taken in a hot environment, with physical exertion and only plain water to drink.
Its possible tweakers complained about 4-MAR. The massive batch of "ice" which flooded Australia back in May 2001 was very likely to be this substance, nothing like meth at all.
However i do completely agree with Plague Bearer concerning the potential that "ice" and "crystal" contains significant impurities. Its certainly "purer" than cut gear or brown pastey muck, but its not necessarily even close to pure. i.e: 100%
And i do endorse users cutting "ice" themselves, simply to reduce the amount they are ingesting at any given time, due to its addictive properties and potential to overdose.

Pharmaceutical methamphetamine is still produced in the US under the brand name 'Desoxyn' and is available under prescrption.
This product is not sought after by meth users because they find it 'too clean', claiming it 'lacks the rush', that its 'not as fun'. Certainly any form of methamphetamine releases dopamine & small amounts of serotonin, and a general feeling of well being & euphoria is experienced, but from all reports the rushes, jaw clenching and jittery effect is not. I am not merely referring to the small doses in which 'Desoxyn' is available, it is the presence of ONLY methamphetamine which makes it less desirable.
Certainly methamphetamine is responsible for most of the effects, but drugs interact in a very complex manner. Substances which are chemically similar to meth taken with meth will produce a different effect to any single substance, meth or otherwise.
The tweakers in question were referring to meth when they spoke of ice, they complained that they 'did not feel high'. Of course hours later when they were still hard wired they realised the potency of this 'ice'.
The arrival of this 'ice' or crystalised & high purity meth is interesting. In my opinion meth is an undesirable substance, cerainly no drug should be held accountable for a user's addiction - but then there are those drugs which seem to hook people substantially moreso than others. This ice is surely of greater value to dealers when it is cut down significantly, and yet it arrives at a user level still in such a potent form. In my opinion this is even more irresponsible than selling regular 'speed', it seriously raises questions in my mind as to whether dealers are intentionally creating addicts from regular speedsters.
[ 20 February 2003: Message edited by: Plague Bearer ]