• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

From manufacture to the street....timeframe?

hugose

Bluelighter
i was reading dancecafe's info on PMA - http://www.dancesafe.org/documents/druginfo/pma_faq.php and it said the only known PMA was in the mitsubishi's, pressed about 7 or 8 years ago...i'm curious as to how long the stuff takes to get from the lab to..well your mouth i guess...would there still be pills floating about from this long ago (i'm not speaking specifically of the mitsubishis or PMA just in general)

No idea how long most stuff takes to get from the lab to the end users, but I'd imagine it could be as quick as a few days or as long as a few years. And it's not totally out of the question that a few pills from that long ago still exist - however they'd likely just be individuals people had saved. I wouldn't expect a batch of 8 year old pills to flood the market.
I know this wasn't the focus of your question, but just quickly on the point you made about PMA - there have been plenty of other cases of PMA besides mitsubishis from 8 years ago. Adelaide has them pop up every now and then, and it's not unimaginable that they could show up anywhere else either. Just thought I should stress that incase anyone thought that there's no chance of accidentally getting PMA - always test your pills! :)

^ What Pleo said. There is definite cause to think PMA is, or has been produced in Australia. One reason is that unlike orders for the equivalent MDXX allylic compound, purchases of the starting material for PMA are less likely to attract attention. It may also be done ahead of a planned first time MDMA synthesis.
A paper on the Chief Bee’s own site suggests the PMA synthesis to be a good practice run before attempting an MDMA synthesis via the same route. The reasoning was that it’s better not to risk the valuable MDMA starting material before lab techniques are mastered.
In the same paper it is also strongly advised that this product (PMA) should be discarded and not consumed.
In reality, all it would take is for greed to overtake conscience and PMA could be on the street. At various times over the past 2 years, Pill reports and other BL posts have suggested PMA has been in pills then circulating. It should always be appreciated that anything could be in a pill, particularly if it’s to some degree psychoactive and cheap /easy to produce.
The PMA issue is one of the strongest arguments for the endorsement and approval of testing.
As far as time from the lab to the mouth; I guess it could be as fast as a network allowed, or as slow as dictated by factors such as poor product quality or price. Some shit pills may take a year to get out simply because no dealer will touch em – until a drought that is ;)

Originally posted by phase_dancer:
[QBA paper on the Chief Bee’s own site suggests the PMA synthesis to be a good practice run before attempting an MDMA synthesis via the same route.
[/QB]
who is chief bee and what is his site?
[ 16 February 2003: Message edited by: secret squirrel ]

His own site is here although he is also known for his incredible energy on a particular chemistry discussion board. This board has requested their site not be mentioned by name on BlueLight.
All should be revealed on the above link. The chem discussion site requires registration (free) before you are given access to all the forums. More than anywhere else (except perhaps BL) UTFSE, or you'll be flamed big time.
Read and learn by all means, but please think before quoting any of this information here. Is it relevant to harm minimisation/reduction, and most importantly, does it contravene any BL posting guidelines? In certain states in Australia it is also illegal to have this information on your computer or in printed/BU form.
Personally, I believe learning drug chemistry should be considered an important part of drug education; where a drug comes from, how's it made, what possible contaminants could be in it etc. Such info can be strongly deterring e.g. most people feel rather odd when they first discover mercury is often used in small scale MDMA production.

Pleo sounds about right. I am assured by my more chemically minded friends that the synth of MDMA or PMA could be done in resonable quantities within a day and the pressing would be fairly fast so a few days wouldnt be out of the question. I think it would be impossible to actually guess how long most pills have been around for, even if the pill was or is identical to one that was around months or even years (how many time have I heard someone try to tell me that they have 'original red hq's').
The best bet is just to test all pills. And of course that is exactly what the mods have allready said. Which makes my post a bit irrelevent (but ill post it anyway because I went to the trouble of clicking on the link and typing this out).
:)

PMA is also available on the street in powder, sold as PMA. Some people actually seek out PMA. From my understanding the serious risks associated with PMA is combining it with MDMA, in most cases this would be unwittingly so.