Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

its never as good as the first time!!!

eddi spgeddi

Bluelighter
Now who finds that statement bullshit?
They played the dreaded Oprah Winfrey Ecstacy special again... what a day to choose for vehicle service (is there a BL mechanic in the house?).
my god how that special hurts.
when she says "its never as good as the first time" and the panel of doctors and past users, and the whole audience all nod and mutter confirmation, well that just cracks me up.
never as good, what are they talking about?

ie. The feeling of MDMA is such an unexpected feeling the first time you have it, every subsequent time doesn't have that whole "oh my god, wow, i can't believe the way i'm feeling right now, this is so new, so different, and so magical compared to anything i've ever felt before'...
Sure, I've peaked heaps harder and longer in times since my first MDMA experience, but I can honestly say that the first time I ever came up onto an MDMA peak it was like nothing I'd ever experienced. I've not had a pill take me by surprise so much since then, so I guess I could say that it's never been the same as the first time. I've definitely had better MDMA peaks than the first one, but not as special.
BigTrancer :)

I would have to agree with that statement, however there are qualifications. As BT mentioned, so far as surprise goes, it is never quite as good as the first time, simply because you know what to expect, and you have expectations.
As for pure peak quality? I've had heaps of times better than my first time. Heaps and heaps. I'm not so much an MDMA oriented user. I love a good peak as much as the next guy, but prefer to space it fairly widely. I've had better times than my first off just one pill, so it hasn't been solely amount based. The quality of a night can easily stack up and surpass that of your first, through a combination of set and setting.
As far as other drugs go, sometimes it just gets better, other times its never QUITE like your first.
LSD for me just gets better and better.
Opiates WERE the same until I stopped.
Meth, the first time was shite, got better afterwards.
So its all relative.
-plaz out-

I disagree..... my first time was great and very special of course, but I didn't know what to do with my roll so I spent the whole time sitting around going "bla bla bla blah" rambling on about a whole lot of stuff that really didn't need to be said!!!
Since then I've learnt how to drive it and ride it and my experiences improve all the time, I would say that my recent ones are even better than the first time!! (For both adventures had and the level of bakedness!!)

you just have to tweak it, ive had pills 80 times and it gets better every time. *cough*

i find it disgusting how they shift the blame of the X problem to the drug rather than the user.
Then again the government should have told her to use X responsibly in the interest of harm minimisation.
5-6 pills every time.. fuck me .. i mean anyone who needs that many pills to get off is a total fool. sorry to those that do, but seriously you need to take a break.
All that oprah showed was how stupid the 'experts' really are and how much harm minimisation is not attended to.
that 23yo chick that spoke up and said that she still did X on a monthly basis shut oprah down a bit.

what annoyed me after seeing this special, was how they never made a clear distinction between MDMA and 'ecstasy'. what i mean by ecstasy is basically a word for pills sold on the street. they were talking about how many 'ecstacy' related overdoses there were, 20 per month in one city alone, but these could have been related to poly drug use as well as adulterated pills not containing MDMA.
they spoke about how one pill can kill, which it can (pma would be an obvious front runner) however didnt speak about MDMA LD50 or anything like that. there needs to be a disctinction made between 'ecstasy' and MDMA. the other thing they spoke about that i felt was incorrect was the 'how to tell if your son/daughter is on ecstasy' (while at home in another room they were referring to) and include effects such as profuse sweating? ive had home rolls in the past and ive never had profuse sweating, this is due to the dancing not the drug. they did mention pupil dilation but failed to mention, bruxia, and trisma for example, a common side effect of MDMA.
i think the special is a few years old by memory, but still when informing the public more information needs to be provided, sure they may have cleared some things up for some people, but they did certainly disregard explaining some things in depth. it used to shit me seeing these kind of specials, now i accept the world is how it is, things change slowly.
[ 06 February 2003: Message edited by: Cowboy Mac ]

^^^ agreed.
i still think all the people they showed on that special still do pills, but maybe more responsibly these days.

I believe the first and second time is the best. I found that the first half pill I had (Green Euro from early 2000) made me feel so fucken high, but without the blurred vision and loss of balance.
The more you have MDMA, the more you need to take to get that same floaty feeling, but then your vision and balance starts to go which changes the whole experience to something else. This is what I noticed anyway, just my thoughts.
I loved my first time.....too much ;) I have had great times after that, but I think that was the most special time....probably close to being the best night of my life.

I disagree with the statement. I've had far better experiences than my first (a bit like sex, really). Even a few years down the track, when I think it's all over, a fantastic combination of factors will produce the best MDMA experience.
Plazma -
As far as other drugs go, sometimes it just gets better, other times its never QUITE like your first.
Yep, I agree with this. For me it also applies to ecstasy.
Cowboy Mac - regarding sweating due to dancing not the drug, that's a bit simplistic in this case. As the drug helps raise your body temperature (regardless of what you are doing), the chances of sweating becomes greater. Doesn't mean you will, just that you are more likely to.

SeveredPsyche: there is a difference from sweating due to an increase in body temperature, and PROFUSE sweating. have you had a home roll (with no dancing) with a drip of sweat run down your face? i know i havnt, and that is the difference.

all drugs have a saturation point imho. MDMA just has a lower threshold because the first couple of times its so amazing. when you grow somewhat used o the effects it becomes less intense and you know what to expect.

Cowboy Mac: Yes. I have sweated on a home roll with no dancing. The room was probably warm to start off with & the MDMA helped.
BT: Physical tolerance? I don't think that's what Timmy C was talking about. There has been a discussion here about this before I think. MDMA can become very predictable and if you know the feeling well, your mind and body have learned how to compensate and it isn't nearly as out of this world as it could be.
I can still have great rolls despite this.

by saturation point i mean there is a level reached where you have done so much of the substance (and this varies from person to person) that it becomes predictable and a case of "same old same old". i guess you could interpret this as tolerance, but there is a mental expectancy that cannot be reversed, or is very difficult to. once again, this is just what i have found personally...

If you eat the same thing for lunch day after day after day, sooner or later you're going to be sick of it. Is that a physical tolerance? No. But it's definitely a tolarance of a different kind. I think that's the sort of thing Timmy's talking about... :)

Yeah, but it's very hard for someone like Timmy C to get sick of something to the point of actually ~stopping~ taking it!! ;)
take G for example, (and i speak for myself as well on this one), sure you say that you're getting sick of it, or the effects are starting to become more of a lethargic, dull numbing-of-reality-and-all-the-worlds-problems-type feeling (and not to mention the recent outburst of *G-Comedowns*!), rather than the euphoric, pill-esque type of joy you once felt the first few times you downed a dose, but people like us will drink it until the G taps run dry... :) hehe, well almost.
But like music genres (and you guys in BL land may not understand me on this metaphor, but hey...), if you listen to one type of music, say Techno of the hard banging variety, you'll possibly get sick of it, and then move onto a different kind of music, even if it is Techno of the funky phat variety. But eventually, after not listinging to that 1st genre you were once sick of so many weeks/months/years ago, when the time comes to "re-discover" it, there is a hopefull chance your experiance will almost be as fecking awesome as your first... ;) I just think i'll need a few more decades before i try K again! 8) and of course the length of time to re-virginise yourself will varry from person to person and drug to drug, but hey, it's worth a shot!!!!
TAKE A BREAK!
just my $22222.02c.
:)
[ 08 February 2003: Message edited by: KiRsTy* ]

MrS Suspicious summed up my sentiments as well - there are certain skills (environment, body condition pre-roll, company, outlook) I have learnt about what to do with the experience that have helped me achieve more intense, and more special, events than my first MDMA peak. i can't always manage to put those skills into action, but when they come together properly with a great pill, it can make my first time pale into insignificance (then again, it ahs been nearly 11 years. maybe its just my memory of the experience that's paling.)