Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB/1,4: The facts versus the myths...

pill_popping_babe

Bluelighter
Lately I've been hearing a few things about g and 1,4 which people claim to be truths, but which I'm not too sure about...I thought people could post any rumours/claims they've heard in this thread and see if anyone can set them straight. I'm constantly getting told that having 50 'charges' of 1,4 means you have a high risk of getting cancer...seems pretty dodgy to me as there are too many variables involved, but can anyone shed any light on it? Also, a couple of friends and i have noticed muscles appearing on our body (damn good stomach muscles, arm and leg muscles) which seem to have appeared from no-where - I do absolutely NO sport or physical excercise! I got told by a few people that it's caused by the g? Scary stuff, I don't want to turn into tank woman :(

1,4 and ghb do not give you muscles. it is debated that ghb increases the bodys ability to repair muscle tears which is how muscles grow, so body builders in the past have used it for this reason, it also is said to help reduce body fat. dont you think if ghb or 1,4 magically gave you muscles that clubs would be filled with muscle men not skinny ravers on too much meth? say goodbye to steroids, ghb is the new craze? you muscles may be related to these 2 things, coupled with EXERCISE you do when you dance. there are so many threads out there on this and read the ghb faqs on erowid, a wealth of informationt there.
ghb is completely non toxic as explained in the erowid FAQs whereas 1,4b puts more strain on your liver as it is used to break down and convert part of the substance to ghb. dont trust people who call 1,4b and ghb charges, please research and read for yourself.
[ 23 January 2003: Message edited by: Cowboy Mac ]

GHB was sold for some time as a body building suppliment, as it increases release of growth hormones phenomenally. A Japanese study reported nine fold and sixteen fold increases in growth hormone levels 30 and 60 minutes respectively after 2.5g of GHB was intravenously injected into six healthy men between the ages of twenty-five and forty. Growth hormone levels were still seven times higher than normal 120 minutes after administration. However,no study has ever proven any gain in muscle/weight associated with GHB use, and as far as I know it's not popular with body builders. Check out the GHB/1,4B FAQ.
Sorry I can not shead any light on 1,4-B and cancer, but I've never come across anything about it contributing to cancer...
:)

My thinking is that 1,4 may lead to cancer, much in the same way that alcohol does. I think the same mechanism that converts 1,4 all the way to GABA involves some aspects of the mechanism of alcohol's.
I think...

I think you have more to worry about with regards to trace heavy metals not entirely washed out after the 1,4b production. 1,4 synth involves some quite formidable precursors you probably don't want to know about...

both 1,4b and GBL are officially listed as being carcenogeic, although i have no idea as to whether this is truthful or just scare-mongering??
M
ps: will look for reference
EDIT:
ignore the above post... the CAS reference numbers cited for 1,4b and GBL both refer to similar subsances, butt nt what we are interested in :)
[ 24 January 2003: Message edited by: Maxi ]

On the muscle thing... Is your drug use directly related to the amount of dancing you do? Going out every weekend and dancing for hours upon hours is exercise, and is sure to strengthen some muscles.

GHB is still VERY popular amongst body builders(at least in Ireland and England) a lot of lifters will take 1-2g(dissolved in liquid)right before sleep on the day of a heavy session,as your body only puts on muscle while you sleep and ghb ensures a good sleep,and the extra release of HGH(human growth hormone) is good for you.

Fetish Jester said:
My thinking is that 1,4 may lead to cancer, much in the same way that alcohol does. I think the same mechanism that converts 1,4 all the way to GABA involves some aspects of the mechanism of alcohol's.
I think...
Based on?