Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Heroin Question (Melbourne)

sixthseal.com

Bluelighter
Hello everyone. My friend does not have an account so I'm forwarding two questions he has regarding heroin and I hope that anyone who knows can help answer the questions.
1. How much heroin (in mg) is there usually in a bag? It's a small wrapped balloon that's about the size of one of the smiley emoticons here.
2. After reading this (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/heroin/heroin_health2.shtml), my friend was understandably concerned about the purity of the heroin in Melbourne. The heroin was gotten off the streets of a notorious suburb which starts with an 's' and he was wondering if anyone had any problems after chasing the dragon with the heroin from there.
Thanks!
[edit - irrelevant information removed]
[ 21 January 2003: Message edited by: apollo ]

What colour and consistancy was it? Sorry, I can't help directly with these questions but a friend who lives in Melbourne gets his from an R suburb. Not that we're playing Wheel of Fortune here. :)
His comes in caps or small rocks about the size of BB gun ammo and is a light beige, similar in colour to the second down in this picture. It dissolves easily and he usually has between a quarter and half the rock at time (IV). He is an irregular user who has the occasional binge and hasn't had any problems so far. Street gear could be a fair bit different, though. Good luck.

Hello. There's probably 50mg or so the bag, and this would usually cost around the $50 mark. I've never heard of the problems with purity listed on the link you posted. I'm guessing its pretty rare, but if your friend is really worried, he should abstain. That's the thing with using street drugs, its like Russian roulette, you don't really know whats going to be in your next hit.
If he decides to take it, he should probably have a quarter to a half first up, and see how he goes.

Hello and thanks for replying. My friend says that the stuff he has is a very hard solid off-white piece, it was near impossible to break it down without a knife. Since there's probably about 50 mg in the cap, he's going to snort 1/3 and see how it goes. Does anyone have any reason discourage chasing-the-dragon using this stuff (see heroin impurities link)? Thanks!

The only thing I can think of is that if there's other crap in it then it might burn really funny and create toxic smoke. Maybe try burning a tiny little bit first without inhaling it, and seeing what happens. If it looks "normalish" then it's no gaurantee it's safe - but if it looks really weird then you might have prevented potential harm.
You could also try testing it with various reagent testers - even though they're not typically used for heroin you might get some interesting colours indicating impurities.
As always though, if you're in any doubt then err on the side of caution and give it a miss. :)

Heroin is cool.
Especially when you give it to your freinds and tell them that its speed.

Errr... yeees..
I hope none of my friends are assholish enough to do that to me.

Before this thread gets fucked over totally, it should be noted that Energizer's comment is either a joke, or if by some chance he means it then it's so fucking dumb that it's not worth commenting on. So everyone should just leave it be.

After following your link, the erowid article was about melbourne vancouver Canada in may 2002(presumably a search was done using the word melbourne unfortunatly there are a few melbournes in the world). So there is no direct correlation between melbourne australia in the present and the problems documented on erowid.
However you cant be sure that situation wont happen here hence jhonnyonelove's distinction made not to trust street drugs which is very true however meth,pills,k and almost all our recreational drugs fall into this street drug catagory as well. You may buy your pills/speed of a trusted freind compared to the "s" dealer on the street but dont be fooled by this illusion of safety.
[ 27 January 2003: Message edited by: Baba_ORiley ]