Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A good side to living in Tassie?

Padawhuan Pinger

Bluelighter
Hello all,
i am new...this is my first post and im hoping i dont make an ass of my self first go at it....:p
anyways...just a thought i had recently...living in tassie and being separated by that big stretch of water from syd, melb, etc...i havnt really noticed many (if any) bad pills down here...im wondering if that is because it is such an effort to get them down here.., and so only the pills worth making the trip make it here? (the really wicked ones)
so is tassie a wicked raving island because all the crap gets filtered out and left to u guys up there??
anyways peace 2 all....would love 2 here from any other tassie people on here...
love 2 dance... :)

Welcome :)
Just because you haven't noticed any bunk pills down there doesn't mean there aren't any. It'd be very dangerous to assume a pill you haven't tested is the good just because there hasn't been any dodgy gear seen in a while. There's a lot of drug users out there, how sure are you you're not just one lucky bastard who hasn't been exposed to any bunk pills?
Check out this pill report - pink K
Seeing as bunk pills are commonly cheaper, I highly doubt the reason you haven't seen any has anything to do with profit margins...
Any other Tassie folks got something to say?
:)

if there is a market for good pills, there is a market for adulterated, cheaper, bad pills. someone always wants to make a profit.

Padawhuan Pinger: I can see your reasoning! However, I think the things Apollo and Cowboy Mac have to say are pretty relevant too, they make good points.
BigTrancer :)
[Edit: \/ Good post TasEDevil! \/ ... Nicely put. BT]
[ 13 January 2003: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

At one stage down here bunk pills were all over the place and finding anything decent was quite a
task. I have noticed though in recent times that the quality of pills has picked up but the bunks are still out there i have bought a few shitty pills down here in my time,really comes down to who you know in the end, not that different from the mainland just a smaller scale and therefore more noticeable. Caveat emptor.

There have been a few K pills in the last couple of years and apparently the majority of seized pills in Tassie are methamphetamine (according to police reports & court listings). However, from users' perspectives, there do seem to be a fairly good ratio of good : bad. Maybe the MDMA importers are simply better at it?
Tassie is a small place and people talk. If someone starts selling shite, then people will go elsewhere. There are always alternatives, even just someone they know heading to Melbourne for the weekend.
That said, there is always the chance of getting crap but I have noticed the quality is generally improving. You'd hope so, for the higher average price.
[ 13 January 2003: Message edited by: SeveredPsyche ]

yes thanks all 4 replying
all had good points....
it is more who u know when it comes 2 quality...and that is one good thing about tassie it is considerably smaller..(easier 2 shop around and know more trusted sources)
you should all come 4 a holiday down here!!! (plz reply by giving me reasons why 'not' 2 come 2 tassie...lol..this could be funny)
anyways cheers....and would still love 2 hear from any other tassie people on this site
peace
PP

guys having been raised in tasmania and leaving there to sydney in march 2001 i ask you...rave scene? what rave scene? *laughs* thats all i really gotta say... ;)

No worries.
Hey starfalls, the scene may be small but it has certainly picked up since then. If you like, I can send you a list of events since about October last year + a few coming up. You may be surprised! :)
[Edit: Content removed in line with Guidelines. BT]
[ 16 January 2003: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Hey fuck, i've got a Padawhuan!!
Hey Padawhuan, fetch me my fucking lightsaber. And that's Master to you punk.
Woot!

After jsut coming back from a 7 month streak in Tassie I wouldn't be writing off the tassie scene so fast. True is small, crap, the music is bad, the drugs are shit, and the venues are terrible, but because of that whenever someone even remotely famous plays down there everyone gets all pumped and excited. It's just one big up-for-anything crowd. There is none of the pretentions music snobbery like we have here, "Oh when he dropped blah-blah track but some no name it's was well wicked but the other fuck-wit re-mix would have key matched so much better."
But true the drugs are really dodgy and test kits are impossible to come by. So I stayed safe and stayed clean.

yeah tassie has really picked up recently...so unless u know whats on and where 2 go u cant really comment
and its not always about raves...but when something decent does come up...all will be pumped and up 4 it...no pre-tentious pricks :)
...fetch ur own light saber pinger (glow stick)
question on that note....why are there no black glow stix? :S

But true the drugs are really dodgy and test kits are impossible to come by. So I stayed safe and stayed clean
aaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa hahahah i have neva seen something so funny in my life! i dont mean to b rude sllip but i KNOW wat u did (ee hee). hehe.
ANYWAY, yes the drugs r pretty dodgy if u dont know the right ppl. considering i got a pill with (shock horror) the face scraped off it!!! but yes i DID test it. and no i didnt pay for it. wouldnt pay for shit like dat.
haha heee hee eeeeeeeh hee haa sorry i cant stop laughing ee heeeeeeee

Easy now that there was only one weekend I tested the local fauna, and you just happened to be there.

The acts coming down have been excellent but the venues have been truly shit.
Where most gigs are is a dirty little shithole made worse by the fact that they let in twice the capacity of the place.
The pills are generally good with a higher good :p ad ratio than the mainland - I believe due to the reasons Padawhuan Pinger stated.
However, the prices are *much* higher than the mainland. In Sydney I could get consistently excellent pills for $*. You'd be lucky to pay less than $* down here.
The weed is another story though if you are that way inclined....
[edit] Venue details removed
[ 30 January 2003: Message edited by: Fry-d- ]
Prices removed BT
[ 31 January 2003: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Yeah it is a pity about the lack of venues. Any half decent ones we've had in the last year or so are no longer useable for various reasons.

yes
good pills = high prices
good djs = not so good venues
smaller number of people who go 2 events = much friendlier environment, family like group, no stuck-upness
so yes tassy can be great or not so good...but i guess u just have 2 take the roll with the punches.....no pun intended...really ;)
peace
PP