Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

dxm pills

Vpeace

Bluelighter
Are these available in australia from chemists?
or can ya only get it in cough syrup without prescription...

Pretty sure you can't get them legally in pill or powder form in Aus. I could be wrong though.
Just please, if they do then nobody answer this with a place that sells them - keep it vague... :)

You can, but I've never found DXM on it's own.
Be prepared to hit up
a. psuedoephedrine
b. paracetamol
and, the desired DeXtroMethorphan hydrobromide
what the fuck is it with me and editing messages?
;)
[ 09 January 2003: Message edited by: apollo ]

^^^^^^^ That's true, but if ya an industrial chemist or the like u can perform an extraction. See erowid DXM FAQ- Matty White what a champ!

be aware that one of the effects of DXM is that it shuts down the bodies ability to self regulate body temperature (stops you sweating etc) so if you are active (dancing etc) and in a warm or hot environment you can raise your body core temperature. Raise this by only 1 degree C and you will cause irrepairable organ/tissue damage, even die. Take great care. If you are just going to sit around and do it, fine. Otherwise you are taking a big risk with DXM.
You must be pretty desperate for a high to play these games !! Supping cough medicine used to be the realm of the street bum for a very good reason. you could always try meths or turps, it works for those guys !!!!
I mean no offence to any street bums out there, life is not rosey for all .

I
icon24.gif
DXM

in my opinion, DXM is a certified hallucinogen, and the fact that the easist way to obtain it is cough syrup is meaningless.
its not like were sitting around going "man i wanna get high! what we got? ah shit no pills, man, shit not even any weed! dayum, what am i gonna do? *messes about house -> bedroom -> bathroom -> cabinet* whoa! dude, we can get high off COUGH SYRUP!!!"
its not the last resort of an abuser, its just a fun and interesting time!
aside from the huge toll robotussin DX has on your stomach, its still the best way to use dxm. id stay away from other forms of it - most of them have other chemicals in the mix that when overdosed (ie you have to take way more than the listed dose to get the hallucinogenic effects) can be damaging or otherwise harmful.

I haven't found any dxm in tablet form, but it is really easy to extract from robitussin DX cough liquid, then you could just put it in gel caps if you want to avoid gagging on that delightful cherry flavoured goop ;) .
This thread has the most simplified extraction method that I have heard of.

Ive spent a fair bit of time looking for DXM pills in australian chemists, but I've never managed to find them. The pills with other substances in them as well (such as psuedoephedrine) can be highly dangerous so its best to stear clear of them. Robotussin DX is still, IMO, the best way of getting the DXM high.
I agree with BT...... Robo Rocks!!!!

For those that are wondering what DXM is, you may enlighten yourselves thusly:
The Vaults of Erowid --> Plants & Drugs --> DXM Vault
DXM FAQ by William White <-- Essential reading.
Effects
POSITIVE - mood lift, dissociation of mind from body, creative dreamlike experiences
NEUTRAL - pupil dilation, visual and aural hallucinations, decreased sexual functioning (difficulty achieving orgasm), confusion, disorientation
NEGATIVE - upset stomach, vomiting, dizzyness, body itching, rash, red blotchy skin, diarrhea, fever, tachycardia (racing, pounding heart),
Contraindications:
Avoid using DXM in combination with alcohol.
READ THE LABEL - avoid using cold remedies which contain tylenol or other medications in combination with DXM. Make sure the product contains only DXM as the active ingredient.

Dose
DXM comes in many different forms. The most common are various over-the-counter cough suppressants (including Robitussin, Delsym, Pertussin, Drixoral, Vicks formula 44, and several generic brands). Each brand contains different quantities of dextromethorphan, generally in the 20-30 mg per capsule range, as well as a variety of other potentially dangerous drugs. Calculate dosages carefully and check to ensure that the product does not contain other dangerous active ingredients. The chart below shows approximate recreational dosages for pure dextromethorpahn, measured in milligrams (mg).
Threshhold 80 - 90 mg
Light 100 - 200 mg
Common 200 - 400 mg
Strong 300 - 600 mg
Heavy 600 - 1500 mg
Risk of Death 2500 - 20000 mg
Duration : 4-8 hours
Some users report that DXM dosages are affected significantly by bodyweight and lighter users should start with lower dosages. Users should always start lower and work up because everyone reacts differently and some people are very sensitive to the effects and may be overwhelmed by dosages that are minimal to others.
Avoid using DXM in combination with MDMA also, as DXM competes with MDMA for metabolism in the liver by the same enzyme, leading to unpleasant effects and possibility of medical complications.
BigTrancer :)

Willy, matty, it's all the same. I luv DXM too, but i find lower doses infinately more enjoyable than higher doses. read the FAQ it's a classic piece of neuropharmacology.

hey, good info people...when you extract it from lozenges can you do the powder in lines?? or would it hurt way too much....

I imagine it would burn like a motherfucker!!!
If your doing say 800mg why would you want to snort??Just swallow,it's still going to do the same thing.
Oh i forgot snorting drugs is cool
swallowing blase
injecting evil
and plugging gross ;)

I did DXM from a robotussin cough syrup mix (was plain dxm with sugar etc) and it tasted FOUL! It says on the outside, artfically sweetened, thats bullshit, i do not reccomend drinking booze with this, as i drank the bottle, and had some vodka to go with it, and it all came up later on...
otherwise, its just like a very mild trip... not really worth spending the $$$ on... i'd just get the real thing anyway.

they'll no doubt do sumthing about the availability of dxm... if you guys keep going on about it!

so how much would you all take(in powder form) between 100mgs- 200mgs???over here in NZ all the lozenges seem to have a lesser content that the ones in aussie...the most powerful i could find had 5mgs per lozenge.

To Transient:
BT Said:
DXM FAQ by William White <-- Essential reading.
Absolutely agree - this has everything you need to know about dosing to the right level (depending on what plateau you want to hit), and everything - and I mean EVERYTHING - else you might want to know about DXM.
If you can't be bothered reading, a good dose to start at is 1.5-2.0mg of dxm (tussin DX has 3mg per ml - steer clear of anything with other active ingredients, effects can range from nausea to death) per KG of bodyweight.