Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Terrorism could target drug users...

Runner

Bluelighter
Firstlythis article.
Toxin ricin is so powerful that a single molecule can result in a death of a living cell. It is extracted from castor bean plant.
SCENARIO:
* Toxin ricin (or another for that matter) is mixed with MDMA and pressed into pills by a terrorist
* A large quantity is imported into Australia and received by a sleeper terrorist cell here
* Pills destributed swiftly across the country like the 6 pointed white stars which appeared in abundance across the country mid last year.
* People begin to die, the warning is out, but its too late. Hundreds have taken the pill already.
So many people don't test and if they do, the test is fine because MDMA IS in the pill. The government issues a warning (first time in history publicly naming the pills that have poison) but its too late for hundreds that have already taken it.
Bali bombing was a disaster that killed 88 Australians, this could be a much worse one across the country.

Scenario: overactive imagination coupled with post new year's celebrations paranoia...
;)

But america could also put one of it's 12 strains of ebola into drugs and blame it on 'terrorsits'.
It's typical media sensationalism to cause fear and paranoia in people when there is nothing ot be worried about.
1984 anyone?

Well if terrorists are making these drugs
why would they want to kill the people who are funding their terrorist activities ?

My post was only food for thought... In actual fact I am not worried at all since I personally only take pills that I have read about several times on pill reports.
On the other hand, "there is nothing wrong with a little healthy paranoia" as someone once said.
But I am sure even if there is a terrorist act in Sydney tomorrow, there will still be people that said "nah, it'll never happen in Australia", that will only start saying, "nah, it'll never happen in <insert home town>". And if it does, they will start saying something to the effect of "nah, it'll never happen to me" etc.
Moral: No point being scared and stopping your regular life, I haven't, in fact I am as happy as I have ever been. But think and consider possibilities/events intelligently, and depart from the little safe immune box mentality, and the "Pfttt" syndrome.
H@ndo: I never said terrorists make pills to make money, I said they can use it as a way to destribute a toxin since pills are manufactured in clandestine labs. ie. They couldn't use Panadol as someone said, because it is manufactured by legitimate companies, obviously.
[ 08 January 2003: Message edited by: Runner ]

Runner: You are the one preventing people from getting on with their lives and not living in constant fear by creating stories worthy of "Weekly World News".
Why the hell would terrorists target people who indulge in ecstacy in the first place?
Apparently they *are* funding their movement through drug money aren't they? If they start killing people who are giving them money, sooner or later they will no longer be receiving any.
I don't think you can call this 'food for thought'. Maybe 'food for paranoia'...
-------------------
They call themselves 'The Army' but a more *alarmist* name for them is "The KILLBOT FACTORY"

. . . and that was my daily laugh . . . thank you . . .
and, im not sure how to say this, but if you are afraid of drugs killing you . . . well . . . DONT FUCKING TAKE THEM . . .
peace and blessed be . . .
crow011 . . .

Originally posted by Runner:

H@ndo: I never said terrorists make pills to make money, I said they can use it as a way to destribute a toxin since pills are manufactured in clandestine labs. ie. They couldn't use Panadol as someone said, because it is manufactured by legitimate companies, obviously.
[ 08 January 2003: Message edited by: Runner ]

Just like poison could'nt be put into Herron painkillers LOL

BUT! reading pill reports isn't going to do you much good, Runner - if the terrorist spinter cell did their homework (and why wouldn't they) they'd already have planted their informants in pillreports years ago and the poison pills would have a rating of 8 or 9 (they know that ratings of 10 draw suspicion) from posters we've come to know and trust - maybe even moderators...
and so the culture of fear permeates BL... vote for Howard, buy locks for your doors, stock up on tinned cabbage, dob in someone with a beard or a head scarf.

hahaha... the next target are a bunch of ravers... c'mon. Thats gunna cause the wall street collapse the terrorists wanted.

SupaDiscoBreaka: you might want to apply for a job at ASIO... your terrorist knowledge/mentality evaluation is most accurate...
crow011: I thought I made it clear I am less then concerned when taking pills i've tested and read about
sinewriter: Get you facts straight... someone poisoned one or two packets of Herron and then blackmailed the company so they take the whole product off the shelf. I think terrorism has grwon from then...
Milkybar: clever :) so the plot grows... i didn't think of that one! at least someone here sees the humour as well as seriousness in this topic
Backo: did the Bali bombing cause the Wall Street collapse? what are you on about? Terrorists kill to bring attention to their cause, to freighten people and because to them we are infidels and by killing infidels, eternal life is reached (that's from Hamas literature, sorry no link)
On a brighter note, like I said a number of times before, I just thought it was an interesting topic, by all means don't decrease your pill consumption! I won't - "if we do terrorists win" (humour intended) :)

lol you watch WAY too much tele dude.
Have a bex and a lie down ;)
Or phone that new 1800 number and tell them your fears. :D

But if drugs really did kill everyone, wouldn't that help the western governments? Wouldn't it prove them right?

i hate when i say something a bit loopy and dont have the balls the back down..........shits me.
ps - im not taking the piss. or am i?
or am i just paranoid..
maybe i took a bad pill...
sorry, dude, i see your point, agree with the conversation topic, and on a good note, there was some information provided about linked topics that was interesting.

BUT! reading pill reports isn't going to do you much good, Runner - if the terrorist spinter cell did their homework (and why wouldn't they) they'd already have planted their informants in pillreports years ago and the poison pills would have a rating of 8 or 9 (they know that ratings of 10 draw suspicion) from posters we've come to know and trust - maybe even moderators...
STOP GIVING EM IDEAS! 8(
seriously makes u think, doesn't it. ;)

I believe the comic book guy in the simpsons could best sum this up.
Worst thread ever!