Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

did you hear that?

farout

Bluelighter
Something very strange happened to me at a certain NYD party, and i hope one of you can explain it to me! (ive searched.)
Id taken a whole pill, (previously only ever in halves) one which i knew to be quite strong, and as i was coming up to what was to be the strongest and longest peak in my 2 years partying. i turned to my friend on the floor, and said something like "oh shit, here i go!" to which he replied with a smile "mgsje gjks dfuy!" boggled, i turned to the stanger next to me and asked "did you hear that?" to which she replied similar nonsense.
This scared the shit out of me! i was peaking madly, and had no comprehension of human language for maybe 5 mins to half an hour! The music was crystal, and the next 5 hours bliss, but what the fuck was giong on?
I commonly confuse words when rolling, but nothing like this! I had abstained from pills for 5 months prior, but im still weirded out.
Has anyone had this happen to them, or know why it happens?
cheers! F

Could it be that they were equally (or moreso) smashed than you were and actually couldn't speak - and you heard them correctly?

Never heard of this before.....but sounds pretty cool! (sorta)

MDMA is a strong drug - it can make you perceive reality differently that it actually is. Hallucinations on MDMA are common at high doses, and this is not limited to visual hallucinatons. You may hear things that aren't real, see things that aren't real, and generally perceive reality in an altered way.
Don't let the facts that MDMA is (a) commonly abused and (b) has a large safety margin that is taken for granted, fool you into thinking that it's a 'soft' drug.
BigTrancer :)

oh gawd i remember my first hallucinations on mdma god they were really ODD !
I was standing next to a non-smoker friend of mine when all of a sudden i saw him hold out a ciggarette pack towards me, i then reached to grab a cig, then the arm just disapeared.

I remember the first time I took my first really strong pill in a whole, it hit me really hard and I had to sit down. Then everything slipped away and I could only just here my friends voices. I was in a world of my own...i saw everything that was happening around me and heard it, but somehow nothing made sense, or rather i didn't give a lightest damn about anything - only sitting there with my own thoughts, thinking how awesome I feel. People were shaking me and trying to talk to me, but I only responded about 5 minutes later when it came off a bit. And then I didn't shut up...

Thanks for the help, that link was pretty cool! I thought that crazy stuff could only happen on MDA or 2cb etc.
BT, ive realised that caution did perhaps get thrown to the wind in the party season (im going back to halves!) and when anticipation is so high about the music, all friends off chops and choosing the right moment, sometimes the power of MDMA gets a back seat when chasing the perfect night...
As for audio hallucinations, im glad ive *heard* them once!

I've had lots of times, in the hours just after the peak subsides where I'll be sitting around with friends chatting, or by myself listening to music (always other noises going on in the background), and I'll hear someone whisper my name. It's like a stage whisper, sounds like someone trying to get my attention urgently but without attracting attention. Very strange auditory hallucinaton, but something that happens to a few people I know.
So, next time you're at a recovery and you see someone looking around wierd, they might just be hearing things.
BigTrancer :)

I always hear TB303's in passing cars and stuff.
The weirdest thing I ever heard was a complete goa-track in the water going down the drain whilst I was having a shower. I just wish I could have gotten it into my synth hahahaha I would be uber psy god LOL

Originally posted by sinewriter:
I always hear TB303's in passing cars and stuff.
Me too. Driving back from Sydney to Canberra we were letting the trucks pass us on the highway. Each with their own individual beat and sound. If only I had a sampler attached to my brain.

thank god it's not just me, my mates think I am insane when i groove to the "music" LOL

me too! after partying any thrumming sound- cars, shower, fans etc turns into wikid psy... love it!

Went to a big rave in adelaide a month or so ago and had maybe 1 too many saved pink safe sex, everything seemed normal but I too was unable to comprehend spoken english for like 30 minutes on the down side of the peak. I was still able to read and write english on my phone besides major eye wobbles, and I was also able to speak it, just everything spoken to me sounded like gobeldegok. It was kinda fun for a bit, but after like 20 minutes, started to panic, then subsided after another 10. Just need to remember its only the drugs and they'll wear off eventually.

I always hear music that isn't actually there after MD**. In fact, an episode of the ABC comedy Spaced portrayed this phenomenon with disturbing accuracy. A rather hardcore fellow named Tyres is found on more than one occasion dancing to a banging medley created by the kettle boiling, the phone ringing and the clock ticking. He is also found later dancing to the clicking sound made by a street crossing...

I often find I have what I have named lovingly "The MD Talkers" where I will hear things either when I am on MDMA, or when I am on a comedown.
Frequently after a night I will arrive home and have a shower before bed, and I will hear people walking around, talking in my house, which is strange because I live alone.
The first few times it freaked me out abit....now I just laugh at myself and realise its...just...the...chems.......
I dont mind a bit of audio/hallucination...keeps things interesting.
:) :)

i prefer quality (surround sound) auditory hallucinations to most visual hallucintations mostly!

JayJ,
It was a saved safe sex that caused my incomprehension of spoken english too! Never before or ever since...
A transcendance of the futility of the spoken word maybe? - too high for my own good more likely!