• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydrocodone tolerance is a bit... much.

Kipo

Bluelighter
I used to be able to take 3 7.5 mgs and be fine and happy. Then it got up to 6 pills but i was doing it everyday. I havent done it in MONTHS and i decided to do it again. I started with 3, went to 4, 5 and finally 6. it takes 6 just to feel the threshold effects and i dont wanna go any further. Can somone explain this to me? It never was this bad, even when i was doing it daily.

hydrocodone tends to hit me differently everytime. of course tolerance plays a big role but there are other factors in how well it kicks in. stomach contents, mood etc

I call this permanent tolerance. After chipping away a bit off and on you get it. If I took as much painkiller when I was starting out as the amount I would take now to get a little buzz, I'd be violently ill. I've never gone years or so without painkillers or dope to see if this ever goes back to a baseline tolerance level

Unless your using seasonal doses the tolerance for that stuff seems to multiply pretty quick.

if you haven't done it in a long time than your tolerance should be back down, but like the person above said it depends on alot of things, such as if your on a empty stomach how much you ate, your weight, previous drug history etc, but i would just do how much you normally would when you first started taking them because your tolerance should be gone, just don't do it so often again.

It never matters whether ive eaten or not, vicodin has always hit me the same. One 7.5mg vicodin a year ago had me with that warm blanket feeling. that was 1 year ago & my tolerance has gone up. I believe what mood you are in has a big reflection as to how the vicodin works. I find when I have no care in the world & everything is going perfect in my life, the vicodin works awesome & multiplies how I feel.

i am definately experiencing the vike tolerance. hell, i have a monster size tolerance to almost any drug. i had to go back and forth with head meds for years because i would get up to the highest dose and then nothing. i was on 1000mg of seroquel not to long ago - and i could function. ive been taking 7.5 vicodin regularly for the last month or so. i can take a couple of them and just get a little sweaty. at times i take them when i have to function and that can kinda trump the buzz - i used to do that with heroin. however, when i want to chill with a good buzz, it seems difficult. i tend to take a lot of them then. i am realizing that sometimes i just have to wait and chill and it will kick in. however, im a person whose mind tends to be in hyper drive. ive actually gone kinda hyper and manic on the vikes. tolerance is a bitch.

kc

I used to be able to take 3 7.5 mgs and be fine and happy. Then it got up to 6 pills but i was doing it everyday. I havent done it in MONTHS and i decided to do it again. I started with 3, went to 4, 5 and finally 6. it takes 6 just to feel the threshold effects and i dont wanna go any further. Can somone explain this to me? It never was this bad, even when i was doing it daily.

most people gain tolerance to opiates quickly, this is normal. by now you should be doing a cold water extraction on your vicodin if you are not already. if you feel like you don't want to go any further than good for you. it takes approximately 6 months to a year to get your tolerance really low again, but it will always shoot up faster when you start taking again. if you want to, you can pace yourself between doses. mood always does help you get higher on opiates. if i was ever depressed (the one time I ever was) it took at least a full 10mg opana intranasally to just feel normal, what waste. btw i have very similiar if not almost exactly the same height, body fat, and weight as you.

Last edited:
When I first started I took three 7.5 mg of vicodin just to get high. That was without a tolerance. As you probably realize I take much more than that now. So to somewhat lower my tolerance I try to taper off but it sucks like a bitch. Just realize there is a lot of apap in that shit. I fucked up my liver almost because of dosing to high. I don't just use vicodin either though.... I'm not using nearly as bad as I was a year ago though.

I started off taking one 7.5 mg back in 2006 and that would give me that awesome energetic buzz. Now 5 years later my tolerance is up to 30mg, which isn't terrible, but isn't good. This is with almost daily use for the last few years.

^that kind of is bad if you've done it every day for the last few years. just the amount of acetaminophen you're ingesting is bad unless you use CWE.

^that kind of is bad if you've done it every day for the last few years. just the amount of acetaminophen you're ingesting is bad unless you use CWE.

Well, not entirely. Four 7.5/500 hydrocodones is only 2000mg of APAP. While a decent amount, it is certainly not horrible. After about 4,000mg daily you could potentially start running into problems.

Plus doing a CWE on 4 pills is kinda a waste, since you probably won't get back a 100% yield in the first place.

I do agree though, that CWE's are great for large amounts of pills and also that APAP is not great for you. But if you keep your doses low enough you can reduce the amount of damage you are potentially doing.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that for the last 3 years since I started taking them daily I have been on Norco's, which are 10/325. So I'm still taking less than a gram of APAP a day. Still not the smartest of ideas, but I do have my liver functions checked regularly and I'm careful not to ingest anything else with APAP.

I enjoy 20mg of Norco daily for a bout a week and then pull back for about two weeks which "seems" to bring me back to a zero tolerance. For some reason if I dose more then 20mg it doesn't increase the the effects but only gives me a wicked headache. Could just be dehydration setting in?

I enjoy 20mg of Norco daily for a bout a week and then pull back for about two weeks which "seems" to bring me back to a zero tolerance. For some reason if I dose more then 20mg it doesn't increase the the effects but only gives me a wicked headache. Could just be dehydration setting in?

Never gotten a headache from hydrocodone in the years I've been using it. Oxymorphone on the other hand gives me a headache quite often.

10/325's by Qualitest give me a headache but the Watsons are awesome & work better for me.