Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

drying out speed

Aek

Bluelighter
Hi,
I've seen some speed that is quite sticky/wet/oily and after scraping it from the baggy it clumps together. It is a brown sand/off white like color.
What it looks like..
My question, is there a way to dry it out some more so it is actually snortable?
Once i had some crystal that had melted in my pocket over night, but leaving it in the sun for an hour in the morning got it back to normal again. However this stuff didnt dry much at all in the sun. Now that it has been scrapped onto a plate, can i leave it in the oven to dry it some more?
From what i have read from other posts , it is in this form because the cook didnt finish the job properly. Is there much danger is using a wet product like this one that could still contain other chemicals that were used to make it?
[ 29 December 2002: Message edited by: Aek ]
[edit]Changed (huge) picture link
[ 29 December 2002: Message edited by: Fry-d- ]

Theres a couple of ways I'd do it:
1) Put in on a plate on top of a saucepan of heated water and carefully warm the plate and slowly drying your goo.
-or-
2) Cut your goo with some glucose, abosrbing the moisture and making the goo more nose friendly.

ok thanks alot :)
i thought i would include a pic so you could see what i was talking about (i hope it isnt too big)

Not wanting to make you paranoid here, but there was some brown oily 'speed' in Cairns a month or 2 back that actually PMA oil in it.. just a caution...

ok thanks for the warning.
Although im in perth so im not sure if there is much chance its the same batch.
Is there a way i can use my ez2 tester to check?

Brown speed is synonymous with impure speed. Pure meth is colourless and odourless and forms clear crystals or white powder when dry. If your paste doesn’t dry out using one of the mentioned methods, then as indicated by the brown colour, it’s very likely quite impure, and therefore probably more toxic.
Even if it does crystallize, unless you remove the colour (which in itself doesn’t guarantee purity) or without knowing what these impurities are, I would consider it irresponsible to recommend it for human consumption.

The best way to purify your product without freebase distillation (ultimately the only way of doing the job properly) is to freebase your goo, then wash with selected solvents. This FB is then reconverted to the acid salt before washing again, this time with different solvents. Worth noting is that with any recrystallization/ washing methods, part of the desired product is also lost with each step. Further details on this method can be found elsewhere.

If and when you can get clean product, here is an excellent alternative drying method, but it requires a little bit more mucking around

Materials

1x dish washer safe crockery bowl

2 x cups of Silica Gel colour change crystals (available without concern from your local pharmacy)

1x large empty coffee jar (pyrex is safer)

1x smaller jar, of a size which fits loosely inside the larger jar (again pyrex is preferable)

The Goo

Place silica gel crystals in the bowl next to both coffee jars in an oven on LOW temp. Make sure your smaller jar fits with clearance inside the larger one. While pyrex is suggested, if you don’t overheat anything there shouldn’t be a problem with glass breaking.

When blue, tip some of the crystals into the big jar. Be careful of fingers on the hot glass. Oven gloves are the go.

Place your wet paste in the small jar then insert the small jar inside the large one, and put more silica around the small jar (but not in it of course). Screw a top (not tightly) on the large jar.
Leave your jars on the bench while cooling, and your paste should soon dry. Keep extra silica in the oven in case you need to repeat the exercise. Don’t have the jars too hot, and don’t completely tighten the lid.

This method produces a fine very dry product from most deliquescent or hygroscopic salts.

The harm reduction gained from purifying your meth needs to be seriously weighed up (excuse the pun). On one hand you don't want to consume a dirty product, but on the other you don't want to be caught appearing to be manufacturing meth. Freebase conversion as described above, could easily constitute a serious crime and you could well be charged with producing a dangerous drug. Think carefully before deciding any of this is worth doing.
The safer and most obvious option is to change dealer. If meth is your choice, then at least insist on clean white crystals everytime.

=======================================

As for E2 being able to indicate a PMA/meth mixture, I don't think so. On occasion I've seen it distinguish what I believe was possibly a MDMA/meth mix, but I wouldn't like to put too much faith in any double colour results. One nearly always dominates, particularly when the mixture is evenly spread. However, if the colour for PMA is noticed (green turning red then brown) I would definitely avoid it.

If you can get an EZ extreme, meth will show blue with Simons (phase 1&2), and if the Robadope (phase 2&3) was reliable enough, you would expect a pink/rose change with PMA, thereby indicating a possible mixture of the two substances.

Fixed up parargraphing etc; p_d

Last edited:
cut it with glucose then seal it in a bag with some of those sachets that absorb moisture from vitamin bottles and leave for a day or two. works a charm!

i find glucose makes speed even more difficult to manage.. makes it sticky etc..
dextrose (an ingridient used in beer production) works well..

people! wtf are you on about?! for a little bit of fucking goo you people are going to some extreme measures! :) if its just a little bit chunky/pastier than normally i find the best method is to make a little tray out of aluminium foil, put the meth/speed on the tray and place it underneath my halogen desk lamp (i'm sure any desk lamp will do the trick), and raise the tray closer to the lamp in some way (i use a pc speaker, for example), and adjust the neck so that it is anywhere between 5-15cms away from the tray and leave there for however long you think is correct (according to the amount. and test regularly). I have done this many times to dust up meth crystals when they were too moist, and also to remove moisture from that last bit of speed that is gluggy as all shit.
anyways. good luck! but this is an easy and very effective method if you just can't be assed to do it properly :)
[ 30 December 2002: Message edited by: d7b ]

If your meth comes gluggy (and does not dry in the sun), off white (especially orange, yellow, purple or brownish) avoid all together, period - unless you are willing to bother researching/risking distilations (purifying a product constitutes manufacturing) You will be doing severe damage to your body by ingesting the impurities (which can be found on websites elsewhere). You will also notice come downs hit your a lot worse making you feel really sick at times. Meth should come as a white powder or clear to slightly opaque crystals of various sizes. This does not ensure it does not contain impurities but eliminates the significant presence of a lot of them. Of course do not assume that it is uncut or pure either. A clear crystal can easily contain 5% to 99% of meth. Most of us would probably be surprised to know that no matter how good the gear has seemed, it was probably only around 50%, if that. This of course is due to imperfect manufacturing process as well as a cut that any smart cook/supplier would put in. So in summary, find a good dealer and pay a bit more for clean stuff - it is worth it in the long run - trust me.

I have found to dry gear out you can use glucose (makes it sticky, and after a while it will go gluggy again) or dextrose(availiable in coles or a brewshop) or creatine(expensive body building stuff - if they are going to be IV users creatine does not dissolve well in water and will leave heaps of little crystals in the bottom)
Also salt, epsom salts, sugar or any other powder (hell flour if you were real desperate haha;&gt ;)
On a more serious note dextrose is probably your best quick fix.

thanks for all your ideas and advice.. i ended up putting some glucose with it and drying it out on the stove

the best way i've found to dry out such substances is to get in your car, turn on the air conditioning and hold a bag up close to the air vent. turn the heat up too, doesn't need to be really hot or anything as the dry air-con'ed air will sort it out. works sweeeeeet.