Piracetam - does it work??

pinkanga

Bluelighter
Hey,
Has / does anyone use Piracetam ??
If so, how well does it work?

Thanx.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you search Ecstasy Discussion and its archives you will find a lot of discussion on Piracetam. Some people swear it works and many say it's a waste of time. I've never heard any first hand success stories but am interested in comments.
Piracetam
Try starting with these 2 threads from the archive..
Have you "lost the magic"? read on...
Piracetam + E experiences
No one provide any sources please as it does violate guidelines.

I've found piracetam to be very interesting, I'll post a full report later.
BigTrancer :)

I also found it quite useful, give me until after NY at least to report something of written use though :)

Looking forward to some current up-to-date feedback. Im very close to ordering some...

OK. Using piracetam at a low dosage of one 800mg tablet Nootropil per day, taken in the morning, I have found quite subtle nootropic benefits.
I've noticed clear-headedness, subtly quicker thinking and typing, a little impatience. Occasionally I've also noticed licking my lips more frequently. Generally not very noticeable effects, maybe more apparent with a higher dose. I did not start my dosing regime with an elevated 'attack' dose as some literature sources recommend.
I have found that while piracetam seems to help me improve my concentration levels and thinking speed, this has an effect of making you feel quite 'busy'. This mind state can sometimes lead to feeling a bit stressed, mood suppressed and as though some things aren't worth doing because they don't pay off enough. However, this busy state of mind tends to make me continually look for 'what to do next', meaning it's very effective for getting work done.
Taking piracetam over an extended period (daily for 2 months) I found that I remember trivial details a lot easier, without trying. Also, I find my thoughts returning to recent events more often, sort of a more noticeable level of random thoughts going on in the background.
It's quite possible that this level of cognitive enhancement would be achievable through regular exercise and diet improvements, which could stimulate blood flow to the brain. However, I have also experimented with the combination of MDMA and piracetam.
Note: Since piracetam improves blood flow to the brain it could be suspected that this may increase any neurotoxic damage due to MDMA. I wouldn't recommend taking one drug to intensify another to anybody.
Taking 800mg piracetam daily in the mornings, and then taking half a medium strength MDMA-based pill led to quite noticeable MDMA effects. By most reports and the opinions of friends, I'd expected the pill to be fairly mediocre, but found them to be strong and enjoyable nonetheless. I've also tried a strong dose of MDMA with 2100mg piracetam, and found significant increases in effects (to the point of memory loss).
Some people get absolutely nothing out of piracetam though - e.g., fairnymph above. I guess your mileage may vary.

Im pretty excited about this. Been doing a fair bit of reading on the topic and after reading your post BT I think Im gonna go ahead and order some(when the cashflow is a little more healthy!).
Also looking forward to rolling while on Piracetam. Although I do heed your warning BT in regards to taking one drug to enhance another.
Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Would love to hear some more experiences of other people out there if there are any that read this forum!
EDIT, question for BigTrancer: Have you found it more difficult to sit down and relax while using Piracetam? For example reading a book or the paper, or say, watching a movie. I could see this is as being a possible drawback...
[ 06 January 2003: Message edited by: pinkanga ]

Pinkanga:

Well, to be honest, at 800mg a day I didn't find the effects strong enough to cause a noticeable change in my ability sit still and watch a movie or read a book... on the contrary in fact, it seems that the concentration span is increased. I could easily occupy myself reading for awhile, I suspect. In fact, that's mostly what I use it for, as I do a lot of reading and typing.

I've found success recently too using 1600mg after abstaining for a week. The 2 tablet dose was more noticeable in the setting (home alone, working to a series of self-imposed deadlines) than a one-time 1 tablet dose, and the effect was more useful and more apparent. I did take this dose at the same time as 100mg 5-HTP and notices the most curious periods during the day where I could have sworn I felt the same as a vaguely subsiding MDMA rush. I also noticed that marijuana smoked with piracetam has a different character (somewhat of a contented relaxation mixed with some introspection, but not buhhhhh st0ned), however this could be purely a factor of mix-strength, or a different batch of marijuana.

Hope that helps - I bought my piracetam online for roughly US$17.00 a box of 60 tablets each 800mg Piracetam. Interestingly enough - the piracetam came with: a. a fact sheet, and b. a big disclaimer form, which I'll try to scan in. I also found a quote on Erowid stating that a LD50 level for piracetam hasn't been established because it was nontoxic even at ridiculously high doses.

Attachment A: Fact Sheet:
PIRACETAM/NOOTROPIL®

CHEMICAL:
Piracetam.
Tablet excipients include; polyethylene glycol 6000, colloidal silica, magnesium sterate (coating of opardy Y-l-7000. Comprised of hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, titanium dioxide, polyethylene glycol 400, talc).
Liquid excipients include; Glycerin, saccharine, grapefruit aroma, methyl p-hydroxybenzoate, propyl p-hydroxybenzoate, sodium acetate, distilled water buffered at pH5.8 with acetic acid.

PROPERTIES:
Nootropil is a pharmaceutical product which acts on the nerve cells to bring about important metabolic modifications, which in turn results in greater receptiveness and increased use of chemical energy by these cells.

INFORMATION FOR THE USER:
Mental syndromes caused by cerebral deficiency, disturbances in the mental performance of the elderly, With higher dosages, treatment of psycho-organic senility syndrome, disturbances caused by alcohol withdrawal.

CONTRAINDICATIONS:
It has been verified that certain patients show hypersensitivity to the product.

PREGNANCY, NURSING AND CHILDREN:
This product is not contraindicated during pregnancy and nursing and may be taken by children.

PRECAUTION:
Patients suffering from renal disorders should take Nootropil with caution and in lowered dosages.

INTERACTIONS:
No interactions with commonly used pharmaceutical products have been found.

PLEASE NOTE:
Nootropil does not interfere with the patient's capacity to drive or operate machinery.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
For mental syndromes caused by cerebral deficiency, disturbances in the mental performance of the elderly. By
mouth; 33.3% drops, adults 50 drops three times a day (1 drop = 16mg of the main ingredient Piracetam)
Tablets, one tablet 3 to 4 times a day spaced throughout the day. Spoon provided with liquid when full equals
600mg Piracetam.

IN CASE OF OVERDOSE:
There have been no reported cases of overdose. When in doubt, the patient is advised to discontinue treatment.

SIDE EFFECTS:
On are occasions, the patient may overreact to this product. Lowering the dosage will be sufficient. Consult your
doctor concerning any unpleasant side effect not described in this leaflet.

EXPIRY DATE:
Do not use this product once the expiry date has passed. Store at room temperature.

Attachment B: American Personal Importation Statement of Fact.
AMERICAN PERSONAL IMPORTATION STATEMENT OF FACT (V10-Feb-98)

The enclosed products are being legally imported by a individual, having sovereign status in these united states, in exercise of their unalienable Sovereign Rights, in accordance with Common Law as secured in the Constitution of the united states, the importer not having a status of Federal Employee, U.S. citizen or wilfully residing in any Federal Enclave.

The sui juris importer is therefore not subject to the "Administrative Law" and other federal titles classified by congress as "non-public (administrative) laws" as they only apply to subjects of the federal government. The importer rebuts any designation as a federal government subject and asserts their unalienable Sovereign Rights. Any
interference with, or theft from, the importing sovereign individual under the guise of administrative statues shall result in an automatic pre-judicial and Common Law action against the perpetrator(s). (This includes non-applicable and therefore illegal "NOTICE of Action" and "NOTICE of Detention" being sent to the importer.)

The products being imported are:-
(a) NOT subject to the FD&C Act, PHS Act or related Acts.
(b) NOT subject to an "Economic Import" status,
(c) NOT Adulterated, unless evidenced with a certified independent laboratory test certificate,
(d) NOT subject to "Misbranding" administrative status.

You will be held Liable for any medical problems arising from the action of withholding medication.

"The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime." Miller vs. U.S. 230 F 2d 486, 489. The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislatures bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be in agreement.
"All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void." Marbury vs. Madison, 5 US (2 Craneh) 137, 174. 176, (1803)
"Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no rule making or legislation which would abrogate them." Miranda vs. Arizona, 384 US 436 p. 491.
"An unconstitutional law is not law; it confers no rights; imposes no duties; affords no protection; it creates no office; it is in legal contemplation, asinoperative as though it had never been passed." Norton vs. Shelby County. 118 US 425 p. 442.
The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and color of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. "No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce."

Therefore, unless there is an intention to present a warrant, issued upon probable cause as justification for a search and seizure, or a common law action commenced against this Importer, in which a party can be shown to have been damaged, you are operating outside the bounds of your authority. Governmental interference of a sovereign National's free exercise of his unalienable rights is a trespass. The sovereign national's protection from arbitrary use of police powers is given in Title 18 of the U.S. criminal code, which states;

18 USCC Section 241: "If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any Citizen in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or Privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States.... they shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both, and if death results they shall be subject to imprisonment for any term or for life."

18 USCC Section 242: "Whoever, under color of law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom willfully subjects any Inhabitant of any State.... to the deprivation of any Rights, Privileges or Immunities secured or protected by the Constitution or laws of the united States, ..shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both, and if death results they shall be subject to imprisonment for any term ...

Since the FDA, Customs Service and the Postal Service operate in collaboration and with the State, the more severe penalties of Section 241 would apply.

Therefore, your attention is drawn to the fact that should a criminal act be committed against a Sovereign importer under color of law you must understand that the above charges can be levelled against transgressors INDIVIDUALLY, since they are operating outside the bounds of their authority. The STATE offers no protection to its agents when they operate outside the bounds of their jurisdiction.

NOTE: If the importer is a Federal Government Subject, a U.S. citizen or in a Federal Enclave they are importing for personal use under the FDA guide lines July 23, 1988 which state that non-FDA-approved products can be imported for use under medical supervision so long as:

1) They are for personal use and not for resale.
2) They are not commercially promoted.
3) They are of less than 3 months supply.

[The legal onus is upon the officer wishing to issue any Administrative Notices to verify the "federal subject" status of the importer before issuing any Notices. "Federal subject" status cannot be assumed by default. If it is assumed and is not so, charges of fraud, extortion, menace and racketeering under colour of law may be bought against the officer and accomplices.] You also will be Liable for medical problems arising from withheld medication --10/02/98 11:54

Interesting, no?

Last edited:
Thanx for the info BT. Will post any results I have as soon as they come to hand!
PinkangA

Piracetam update...

To all/any interested parties,
A couple of months ago I stumbled upon a drug called Piracetam which apparently enhanced an MDMA roll, brings back the magic etc, etc.
Unfortunately I cant really give black and white results, ie. Any pill consumed when combined with Piracetam will give you a fuckin wicked roll, no matter what the pill etc. This is basically because I only rolled a couple of times whilst usung Piracetam and the results just weren't that amazing.
However, the 2 times I did roll with Piracetam I was not disappointed. I peaked fairly hard off only 1 where as I usually need 2 or 3 to keep me happy. The pills were buddhas and envelopes, which according to reports are only average pills. So as I said, 1 pill was all it took and I wasnt constantly thinkin "...cant wait for that next pill", like usual. It wasnt until a few hrs had passed that I even had the though - yeah maybe another one. Now this might sound like the norm to some or most, but it has been fucking AGES since I could be peaking for 3 or 4 hrs off only 1 and not be looking forward to the next.
As I said this isn't very black and white and I know its a little vague........but I definitely think the Piracetam had an effect with these pills. I would be very interested in trying even half of a really strong pill, like a safe sex in combo with Piracetam.
I also noticed while drinking alcohol that I was able to drink a lot more without feeling as drunk. I noticed this alot while using Piracetam and am not sure whether this is a god thing or not. A lot of people report that alcohol with Piracetam is a lot more enjoyable but I would tend to disagree with that.

found something very interesting after many years of SD supplementation:
Anacervix - 1 cap = 400 mg Piracetam + 20 mg Vincamine, the alkaloid of vinca minor.
[product descrip, not my words]:
combines vasoregulatory action of Vincamine and cerebral metabolic activation of Piracetam, and is used for treatment of progressive and chronic neuronal insufficiencies as well as learning difficulties, or the degeneration of thinking associated with age or intoxication. Anacervix may be used in treatment of cranial trauma, accidents to the head, etc.
my words:
strong activator, use caution, ie no more than indicated dosage, and i'd cut that in half, ie 2 caps MAX per 24 hours; if using in conjunction w/psychostimulants, NO MORE than 1.
make sure you are not prone to cerebral hypertension.

my words:
strong activator, use caution, ie no more than indicated dosage, and i'd cut that in half, ie 2 caps MAX per 24 hours; if using in conjunction w/psychostimulants, NO MORE than 1.
make sure you are not prone to cerebral hypertension.
^
16.gif
: Great post, thanks! That's an excellent caution for Piracetam users, in my opinion.

PS: Caution some users report laxative effects.

Last edited:
This somewhat glowing review of Piracetam is excerpted from an email newsletter: Source URLs have been removed - I've included this article for information purposes.

THE WORLD'S BEST SELLING SMART DRUG

Some of the most popular products used in anti-aging medicine today focus on the protection and enhancement of brain function.

Obviously, the brain is the controller of a hierarchy of organs, yet it appears to be one of the most easily damaged with aging. Did you know that on-average the brain weighs 2 to 3% of bodyweight, yet it utilizes a massive 50% of the blood-sugar we consume and a very substantial 20% of the oxygen we breathe, as well as about 15 to 20% of total ATP production? It is clear that the brain is a hungry organ and it never sleeps, yet we also know that the mitochondria, the organelles that produce ATP, (which is literally the energy of life) also produce up-to 90% of the damaging free radicals in a normal healthy adult. Therefore, as the brain is such a high energy user/ producer, it may come as no surprise to understand how it can become damaged with age.

There are a number of aspects to brain/ memory enhancement and protection, but we shall focus on
the original, and indeed the best selling smart-drug in the world- Piracetam. (link removed)

Piracetam was developed in the 1970's by Dr. Giurgea of UCB who conducted a number of experiments with it. Piracetam is actually a GABA analogue, yet it has unique qualities not found in just GABA itself. Piracetam was the first substance to be termed a nootropic (meaning acting on the mind), and its effects improve memory and concentration, it can also improve well-being and has even been cited as an intelligence improver, particularly in the regard to having ideas and then being able to make them happen. Today, the common term used for nootropic is smart-drug.

Another scientist who conducted many experiments with Piracetam was, Dr. S.J. Dimond. He ran a most interesting procedure with bright intelligent University students and drew this conclusion: QUOTE: The fact is that Piracetam improves verbal learning and appears to be a substance capable of extending the intellectual functions of man, even individuals already gifted with high intelligence and good memory. UNQUOTE (S.J. Dimond, E. Brouwers; Increase in the power of human memory in normal man through the use of drugs; Psychopharmacol. 49, 1976, 307-309).

Over the years, Piracetam and its analogues have been used in many different disorders, and whilst it may have little benefit for advanced senile dementias, the evidence points to its efficacy in the very early stages, the kinds of stages of memory difficulties where the common statement; I'm getting old, is often heard.

Piracetam has been approved in numerous countries around the world for many different things including; attention deficit disorder, alcoholism, speech impairment, stroke, dyslexia, Alzheimer's, altitude sickness, Down's syndrome, concussion and age related mental decline. (link removed)

How does Piracetam work? Well, perhaps the most important function of Piracetam is to improve communication across an area of the brain known as the Corpus Callosum[sic]. This area is the bundle of nerves in the middle of the brain that links the two hemispheres. As the left cortex of the brain is understood to be the logical, analytical, linguistic and sequential, and the right cortex is believed to be the intuitive, holistic, picture-oriented and simultaneous, this is where the concept of ideas-meet-production is enhanced and the actions of Piracetam are concentrated. This enhanced brain communication has been cited by some as improving one's Yin and Yang.

There are other aspects to the action of Piracetam, including the activation of certain brain receptors, improving electrical activity and oxygen/ glucose uptake. (link removed).

Piracetam has many positive actions, yet another a remarkable fact remains. Piracetam is one of the least toxic drugs ever developed. Experiments have shown that its toxicity is equal to salt! Of course, this doesn't mean to say that it is totally devoid of side-effects, there are cases of headaches, nausea and dizziness, but these are usually only present at very high doses or when starting for the first time, and are often noted as dissipated after a short period of time, or when the doses are reduced. (link removed)

The normal adult dosages of Piracetam are 800mg to 1600mg 2 or 3 times a day (depending upon the need). As is often the case with such products, when mixed with other smart-drugs the dosages can be reduced. (link removed)

So to summarize, Piracetam remains the world's best selling smart-drug because it is efficacious in common aging disorders such as memory decline, as well as being a general brain energy and idea enhancer, whilst also being very well tested and proven over decades in numerous countries, (although not approved in the USA), which shows it to have very low toxicity and to be remarkably safe to use in the long-term.

is Piracetam only avialable thru doctor's prescription in Australia?

Urbanhog %)

Dunno, I've never tried to buy it locally - I always get mine from an online vendor. It's quite cheap compared to 5-HTP: the postage and handling cost as much as the product, so I usually buy 2 boxes to make it worthwhile.

Is there any chance of getting some links to where to obtain this stuff? How long does one bottle last on 800mg
And is it like 5HTP and any more than 3 bottles and people may start to ask questions?

Nope. None at all - no sources are allowed to be posted on Bluelight. It's very easy to find online, many suppliers of Piracetam are around. If you want a brand name suggestion, I've always received Nootropil = Piracetam 800mg tablets.

A packet of 60 tablets will last you varying amounts of time depending on how often you take the tablets... If you take the 800-1600mg three times a day as some sources recommend, a pack will last you less than three weeks. Other sources suggest a 'breakthrough' dose of anything up to 2400-4800mg on the first day with 800mg thereafter, however this is debatable in necessity.

Last edited: