• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

DoUbLeYoU

Bluelighter
Kids_1.jpg

An amoral, HIV-positive skateboarder sets out to deflower as many virgins as possible while a local girl who contracted his disease tries to save his next target from her same fate.

I've heard a little about this movie, basically that it's about a kid with HIV who is on a mission to give it to as many people as he can. Anyone who's seen this movie like it?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, its a brilliant film that looks at kids. its way more than some kid trying to give hiv away (its not), its about the lives of kids, friends sexy drugs etc... in NyC circa 1990ish.

good movie. but i'd have been pissed if someone told me he had HIV before i watched it.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a classic film. i'm surprised it doesn't have as much cult status as it once did.

Larry Clark's best film, for sure, but I prefer Wassup Rockers?.

DoUbLeYoU, someone told you a wrong synopsis

i did a skate session in europe with the guy in question 5-6 years ago
as he's grown up now, i only realized why his face had looked familiar afterwards
leo - from new york - familiar face - skateboarding - oh yeah, that's it

anyway, for skaters back then, this film was special because skateboarding was really underground and all a sudden you had the local ny scene in a movie

i don't think it's that great of a movie but it got many skaters interested in the eastern scene whereas it was only about california before that

for the trivia, 2 of the actor died
justin - suicide (big gossip cause everyone knows that it's because guy mariano [skate legend] slept with his wife but no magazine will ever mention it)
harold - overdose

It's a great movie in my opinion. Though you kinda got a shitty plot synopsis there.

Yeah, that's not really the plot, but it is a pretty solid movie. Don't plan on doing anything fun after it is over, though. I made the mistake of seeing it on a date. Not good.

That movie is terrible. The acting, dialogue, and production are lame. The movie might have been better in the hands of a competent director but as it stands, it sucks pretty mightily. I dig skateboarding, nitrous, blunts in the park, and sex as much as the next guy but the movie, at the time I saw it for the first time was almost like filming my party crew for a weekend so my thinking was "why watch this shit when we can just go smoke and skate in the park for real?"

For the record, Wassup Rockers sucks too. The only value in Kids is that it helped launch Chloe Sevignie and Rosario Dawson plus Harmony Korine helped write it. Later, Korine went on to make Gummo, which is like a Hillbilly version of kids and infinitely better than its predecessor.

dude, you missed the point of the movie which was the spirit it attempted, maybe not achieved, to capture.

That Sebadoh song at the end is one of the greatest songs ever.

Maybe the worst synopsis of a plot ever.

The plot and acting were shit yet it launched the careers of two actresses that you apparently respect?

The plot is a mind fuck and the realistic performances / Delivery (if nothing else) scared the hell out of people like my parents

I remember when the movie came out in the theatre. I believe it was NC-17 back then. I waited to rent it out on vhs & actually liked it. It definitely portrays the reality of teenagers using drugs & the promiscuous life style they live, even now a days.

The plot and acting were shit yet it launched the careers of two actresses that you apparently respect?
Yep...and I wouldn't say I respect them but do think they've gone on to do some good work. You say that as if you feel every movie that every decent actor has ever made has been great. I imagine there have been shitty movies that featured actors you like.

good movie. but i'd have been pissed if someone told me he had HIV before i watched it.

lol Me too!
(Someone made a gigantic Boo Boo)

^Disagree...

Liked this movie alot, great acting/directing to boot. Find a 'realistic' feel to a film gives it a gritty, unnerving tone and so much more character.

Last edited:
I dnt really care about a shitty plot synopsis or w.e I already had a pretty good idea of what it is, I jus wanted to see wat other ppl thought cause I've never seen it, been tryin to find someone with it for a while tho

Come to think of it I think that's what a website told me about it when I looked it up. to tell you the truth I don't even remember starting this thread let alone mentioning HIV in the original post. Maybe someone edited it? But I dnt see the text under my post. W.e I'll just go with it

Yeah! Goddamn mods. Kill em all!

*I did edit this thread two minutes ago to add poster and correct synopsis. Everything else is all op.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware maybe meant a definitive answer here. Christ it's just speculation what's the big deal anyway