• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids hydrocodone tolerance is screwy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumbell

Greenlighter
I've taken Vicodin before, like maybe a year ago, but i recently bought some norcos and they're not working. I thought it's the same thing only in different qualities, between Vicodin and Norcos I mean.

I used to be able to get a good buzz off of 20mg-30mg of Vics. I tried the same thing with norcos but i felt nothing. wtf?

I thought it's the same thing only in different qualities, between Vicodin and Norcos I mean.

You mean different quantities, right?

As for why you didn't feel anything, I'm not sure. A year is certainly a good amount of time for your tolerance to go down. So you took 30mg of hydrocodone in the form of Norcos and nothing happened?

oh yeah oops, i did mean quantities. But yeah, tried it again and nothing.

That is quite strange. Are you taking any other medications or have you recently been taking any other medications?

It's difficult to tell you exactly what happened, but we may be able to get at least a closer guess if we have more background information.

I have a friend that says the Watson 10/325's dont work as well as the Watson 7.5/750's. Im assuming it because the 7.5/750's have more tylenol in them & that is why they work better, thats my only guess. Me personally......I like the 10/325's a ton better.

well i was taking 25mg of adderall xr daily for a couple months, with a script, but i stopped about a month ago because they started making pretty shitty. Before i took the norcos, my buddy had given me a bunch of tramadol and i had taken them for a couple of weeks (not everyday though) and then i started got the norcos.

Before i took the norcos, my buddy had given me a bunch of tramadol and i had taken them for a couple of weeks (not everyday though) and then i started got the norcos.

Tramadol has opioid activity and opiates (hydrocodone included) are cross tolerant with tramadol. It is possible that taking the tramadol increased your tolerance to a level that you don't feel the hydrocodone dosage you used to.

Long story short, it sounds to me like you increased your tolerance with the tramadol and that's why the Norcos aren't working.

hmmm... That makes sense, but i though tramadol was like a "pseudo-opioid".

it is but it can still raise your tolerance for people without a tolerance it is very similar to hydro's so that is the best guess i could make as well

^It still acts on the mu-opioid receptor causing increased tolerance to like opiates such as hydrocodone. That being said we can only speculate about why you aren't feeling anything but it's likely tolerance (as has now been discovered), availability issues depending on route of administration (stuffed up nose/or taken with big meal), or fake pills.

Check out the bioavailability and potentiation threads in the OD Directory, but this thread will now be closed. Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.