Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

advice for LSD / Trips

staticJ

Bluelighter
I have drawn the line at E, speed & weed. Anything beyond that line im scared to try...
i am curious about LSD, can anyone tell me what there first experience was like ???
i would like to try it, but im scared about a few things like, how bad can these hallucinations, visions, warpings etc be ? how long do they last ? can u get stuck on a trip ? can i dance on lsd ? can u drive on lsd ? when u close your eyes can u still see warped up shit ?
any advice, stories and thoughts will be great

As a general rule, if you're scared of LSD, then you shouldn't try it yet.
That said though, the ironic thing is that it's really nothing to be scared of as long as you aproach it with the right mindset. So keep reading and asking questions, and when you feel like the time is right you can consider trying it then.
From what you've posted, you have a basic idea of what certain parts of the trip would be like, but not others. LSD isn't entirely visual, and in fact sometimes it's not visual at all. The other side of it is the change in perception of everything, and the sense that everything is different, yet it's all the same too... it's very hard to describe - it has to be experienced to be understood properly.
Now, your questions:
how bad can these hallucinations, visions, warpings etc be?They can be as bad as your mind makes them. A good way of thinking about it is that LSD doesn't make you see things, it opens doors for your mind to see things that were already there. If you're hesitent, then that might manifest itself in a "bad trip", because if you fight it it only gets worse. But on the other hand if you just go with it and try and enjoy both the good and the bad parts, you'll find that the bad parts aren't actually as frequent.
how long do they last?The active effects of LSD can last anywhere up to 10 hours, but the peak will usually last between 4-6. However if by the question you're talking about the visuals, well, they might not even start or they might go the whole time.
can u get stuck on a trip?Nope. Once the trip wears off it's gone. The stuff about acid flashbacks caused by parts of the acid being stuck in your spinal cord forever is just an urban ledgend.
can i dance on lsd?Yep, if you want. During the trip though you might not want to... ;)
can u drive on lsd ?Well, it's technically possible, but also very very stupid.
when u close your eyes can u still see warped up shit ?Yep! And it's either very scary or very soothing. It all depends on your mindset. Be prepared for weird things to happen, and when they do you can enjoy them rather than be freaked out by them.
Hopefully this has answered some of your queries. It's late and i've just rambled all this out so I hope it makes sense. If you want clarifaction on anything I'll try and clear up anything that doesn't make sense later... :)
Good luck! :D
[ 22 December 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

There is a lot of info about LSD on this board...
For what it's like, try trip reports.
For more info, there is always erowid's LSD vault.
From a users pespective, one blotter is quite comfortable for a first trip, even half if you like. The visuals are only really pronounced if you take a lot of it, or some pot when you are coming up. It lasts for about 12 hours, with about 2 hours to reach the peak, then about 3-6 hours of "tripping" then the comedown.
You can't get "stuck" on a trip, you eventually will come down but during the trip there are things called "loops" where actions just seem to happen over and over again. The best thing to do with loops is to tell someone about it so they can get you out by doing something different, or if you just change your environment. Dancing on acid is fun, just don't expect the energy hit that E or speed gives. Driving, as with all drugs is a big NO. And closed eye visuals (CEV's) happen on LSD, and they're usually quite entertaining. If you don't like it, just open your eyes and they go away.
Taken in the right environment (a chilled place, probably a home where you won't get interrupted during the trip, with experience and chilled/chilling friends) is a MUST for a first time tripper.
Enjoy it, cause it can be a world of fun.

thanks for your replies, the've been really helpfull btw fetish jester where u at gas last saturday night ?
just on the "effect" side of things, i was reading a post that apollo had written about hppd, that put me right off the idea of trying it....
although the thought of trying it is always in the back of my head..

A piece of advice for first time trippers. If you find the trip too intense and want to regain control then have a little bit of meth. I know it's not the best advice from a harm minimisation angle of things, but it stops you from "tripping out" and you can get a grip on things again.

Probably a little safer than meth (cos meth can induce paranoia), would be like one standard alcoholic drink. I've often found a mild dose of alcohol can soften uneasy edges of my trips.
I've found light alcohol consumption to lighten the mood a little, if things get a bit heavy.
If you're scared of freaking out but want to try LSD, have a sober sitter around , have some valium or xanax on hand. These can help to control the more severe axiety / panic reactions which are at the extreme (and rare) end of the "bad" trip scale. Not very likely providing you are in a safe set and setting, and don't dose to high.
Check out the Psychedelics Forum for heaps of useful information :)

ok this is probably bad for your liver and quite possibly your brain as well, but i've found that codiene is excellent for relaxing your body and mind during LSD, often helping to take the edge off a bad trip, and is a pretty good combo even if are having a good trip anyway...
*queue HM flame*
:)
[ 23 December 2002: Message edited by: villz ]

If the trip becomes unpleasant, perhaps the best advice would be to try and find a comfortable place, and tell yourself that the acid will be over in a few hours at MOST and that everything seems bad but 'it's just the drugs, they will wear off soon'. Adding more drugs may not be helpful.
BigTrancer :)

Someones prolly already mentioned this but start with a low dose say half a trip, if the effect are pleasureable then you can always re dose.
Pleo: Interesting that you say LSD can open doors to different perception, just been reading The Dream Drugstore (by some guy.... Hobson, i think) which states that the LSD experience, or indeed most drugs, neurochemically resembles the action of dreams. LSD blocks baseline waking state serotonin receptors and hence promotes the activation of serotoninergic pathways normally involved in REM sleep. Basically stating that LSD and other psychedelics open the gate-way to the waking dreamworld.
StaticJ:
Acid can be a great lover and teacher, yet ultimately it all depends on you and your mind set. Remember this and respect it, or else you could find yourself confronted by a mother and a preacher!
Sllip: IMHO acid + meth don't mix well, my only negative experience on acid has arisen from an improper mindset caused by prior use of meth. But hey it could just be me.

advice is gettin better =o)
yeah i think ill give it ago, but ill like take 1/4 at a time cuz im still abit weary about it

I have a funny first time acid story.
was at a huge bush-doof when I was about 17(few years ago now ;) )had just finished a few cones and a few beers ran up to the car to grap a pill. When I found a few little black pepper corn looking things in a bag on the ground. Had no idea what they were(microdots hahah I was so young and stupid). A mate dared me to eat one thinking they were hot pepper corns so I did. Had the best night of my life saw many stupid things such as rainbows at night and pleople running through fire ahha. I finally worked out I was tripping about 6 hours after I consumed it. In total it would have lasted about 10-12 hours. people thought I had heaps of pills but I dind't need any I was flying.
A few of my mates thought I was playing tricks on em talking about rainbows etc ahahah. Some started to catch on after I was describing these things with such detail. Thats when I finally decided I was on acid.
I have had many trips do date bit this was my first and by far the best exprience ive had.
Before this exprience i was 2 scared to try acid. Like the people in this thread have said so far it's about your mind set and the setting your in.
overall was a very enjoyable exprience I only had a slight scare when my mate turned off the lights and I didn't know where I was haha.

I reckon that the best way to be certain to enjoy your first trip is to only have a small amount of acid.. like you said, a quarter to a half will most probably only give you very mild effects, but at least you will begin to understand the effects that it has on your body and mind.
As an example, for my very first acid experience all I really got was the body-load thats associated with acid and everything was just so darn funny :) a little later on I got a few very mild colour visuals and then it wore off.. This was great for me coz like you I was a little apprehensive about acid from hearing the odd horror story about bad trips. But this experience made me a lot more comfortable with the feeling of being on acid and what happens to your body/mind.
A good thing also to remember is to STAY POSITIVE!! The best way to avoid a bad trip is to not allow yourself to have one in the first place. Having someone whos not on acid around is also really good if you are starting to get a bit confused or overwhelmed, theres been a few times when talking to someone I know isnt on acid helped me come back to reality a little bit.
Basically, have fun, dont worry (it definately will end), and just relax and go with it.. and dont worry, your first trip doesnt have to be your best :)
stace.

i have a question about acid doses, i have dosed about 5 times before, taking 1 each time.
I was wondering in the case here, if after you take ¼ and about a hour later you take another ¼ will it be the same is taking a half (the effects, that is, lets say in total 2 hours after taking the first).
Another eg, if you take ½ and then another ½ half an hour later, after about another hour will the effects be the same, or less than, what you would be getting if you took a whole in the first place?
Would it be the same as mdma? (taking ½ and another ½ half an hour later generally gives you less intense effects as taking one)
ta :)

Generally speaking (for acid is such a fickle thing). Any doses 2 or so hours after your initial dose will not make you trip harder, only longer.

*BUMP*
was wondering if anyone had any more specific info regarding LSD doses and intensity of effects when doses are taken apart..
:)

I hear a few mucho tales about consumption of 20-30 acid tabs. An interesting thing I have read is that LSD saturates the synapse's at about the 4-6 hour period with a dose of 300-500 micro grams. At this point there is no such thing as tripping harder in the objective sense. Set and setting could play a role in the perceived intensity of the experience. Any more LSD will simply be wasted as it will be metabolised, though somewhat slower than at the sites of activity, in which case the duration will be prolonged. Over time tolerance will set in (not sure about the mechanism) and the LSD present in you will be barely active. Down grading of certain receptors perhaps? Basically, if we assume a standard 100mics in a tab, then any more than 5 tabs will not get you an anymore intense experience.
http://leda.lycaeum.org/Documents/Low_doses_of_LSD.8811.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_info4.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_dose.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal26.shtml