Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Why is everything warping all the time

Johnneh

Bluelighter
This is starting to become a bit of a worry.
I started taking acid when i was 15 and stopped taking at 18 iam now 21. I started taking pills ( mdma based ) since i was 17. It would range from 5 to 15 a month with 2 6 month breaks. And over the last 2 years i have noticed when i look at my carpet or anything for that matter it warps. It only warps a little bit, kinda like the warping you get when your on acid but not as much movement. It's been like this every day for the last 1 - 2 years. Does anyone else get this ?? would anyone be able to tell me whats causeing this ?? or if it's going to lead to someone alot more serious ??

SWIM suffers from this for lengths of time after acid usage..
it could be hppd (use the search button if you do not know what this is) or maybe youre jsut noticing/blurring your vision by accident and your seeing these things.
.. sorta like you've always done it but now your noticing it as you can identify the warping with something else.
hopefully i've made some sense

Have you had your eyes tested and the like?
When I get run down I get something slightly similar. The eye man told me it was due to tired lazy muscles and would eventually need glasses.
Sorry not much help but good luck with it bud.

This has been happenning for me as long as I can remember. I can't recall if it started before my drug use did. I took acid for the first time about 4 years ago, and only once after that (a week ago). I think it was more pronounced after my first acid experience. But even on long drug breaks (from ALL drugs) it consistently occured. I still get it all the time. I think it's something you will have to live with, I don't think it's anything to worry about, but i'd be interested if you came up with any info on this phenomena.
Peace.

I've actually had a version of this since I can remember (i.e all through my childhood), and I've learned to live with it (after I found out that it isn't normal for people to have this), and even sometimes enjoy it.
Apollo started a thread all about it: right here.
There is a probably enough info in that for you to get a handle on what's up.

On an informative note - visial distortions are normal. Stress, exhaustion, drug use and all sorts can lead to what you're describing.
If it's been persistent over a year or two, there's a chance you've got HPPD. Check out the thread Fetish Jester linked to for all the info you'll need.
If you think you do, I recommend you seek the advice of a professional psychiatrist. I don't want to discourage you, but finding one in Australia who deals with HPPD is like searching for a needle in a stack of needles.
[disjointed rant]
I feel ya. For 2 years I thought I was a fucking headcase in the making, soon to be locked in a room with padded walls and begging for "it" to stop. Well, it ain't stopped, but I don't think I'm insane anymore... I found out what HPPD is.
I see a layer of static across my entire vision. It does not change when my eyes are open or closed, nor is there any differentiation between glasses on/off. Not even when I blink is there any disruption in it's sickly smooth static flickering. It's just like static from a television set, only it's pink & green. It seems to come to a crux in the very centre of my vision in the form of a spiralling green & pink pattern. It changes shapes rapidly, and I often catch myself staring into space at it. I've been staring at it for two years, from the second I wake up till the second I go to sleep. It has never, ever gone away. Even as I type, it's following my every letter with my eye. Reading is a very, very trying task. If I blink while I'm reading, a negative afterimage is imprinted on my vision. As I move my head, it follows. Blink 3 or 4 times, and I have difficulty seeing through all the mess to the actual words. It's also so frustrating I give up quickly.
These are the worst effects I've had from HPPD. There's a trillion more (I see tracers off almost everything that moves quickly...)
Unlike Fetish Jester, I have a lot of difficulty living with it. Some days I wake up and I can't fucking face it. Sometimes I think it's all in my head, and I'm just playing games with myself. Either way, I get angry at it. Really easy. I grind my teeth, I get angry at people I care about because I just want it to fuck off... I figure, all things added together, that if I got uncontrolably angry at it I'd probably have a nervous breakdown. There's just nothing you can do about it. Scream at it. Cry. Get as rooted as is humanly possible. It just doesn't stop.
If I was going to be in an asylum, I'd be there already. So I suppose I'm doing ok, but I can't imagine the rest of my life like this...
To be honest, it's a really heavy burden on my day to day life. It makes driving 20x the task it should be, along with simply reading an email from my boss at work.
It's my fault. I took far too many hallucinogenic drugs far too often when I was far too young. I blame myself for this nightmare I've made my life into, and to be honest sometimes it gets really depressing to think I actually did this to myself.
I've got so much more to say, but as per fucking usual, no time to say it. This has been really badly written, I think I've changed tense 3 or 4 times.
I'm kinda worried a few people out there are gonna point the "shit talking wanker" or "crazy fuck" finger at me, but I don't care.
Thank you to anyone who read this.
[/disjointed rant]
[ 16 December 2002: Message edited by: apollo ]

if this is the john i think it is, dont u just have weird carpet at your house? hehe so im told..

Thanks heaps people for your feedback.. i thought i was going to loose the plot and end up with schizophrenia.

Hey Marcy!
Your a classic..
My house does have woggy / trippy looking carpet that i known to warp...but its not just the carpet iam looking at.
Although my carpet used to be the bomb while being on acid :)

apollo: damn good post man... it's not often you see a real, honest, down to earth reply like that.

HAHAHA im glad im not the only one!
Yea i got this badly when i was tripping for a few years, i stopped about 6 months ago (after slowing down)
I noticed it especially after one experience where i got drunk, had a trip, had speed, then got a bit stoned, the moving effects lasted months after that, i was finding it really hard to read off the computer, books, & music.
I've been only on pills for about 6 months and slowly slowly everything is back to normal, i try 2 only dump once a month (but this month was a bit differnet!), and the last 2 months i didn't have anything cos of exams
i think youre just due for a break, i got into bike riding and swimming, it goes away u just need some time off.
I especially noticed it with carpet patterns and anything with alot of paralled lines close toghther like gratings etc... i found it funny at first actually! I fooled around with DXM alot more than i did with acid trips
Im not sure but i think the acid trips held the longest aftereffect, DXM might have lasted a month where acid lasted about 2
hope this helps!

...actually i used to not only get the 'warping' effect, but i get little insects in the corner of my eye, usually cokaroaches, and beatles
i had it when i was scattered this weekend, i opened a cupboard up and thought i saw a mouse (yeah i know isnt an insect, but this was the biggest thing yet) Damn trippy MDA pills!

YES!!!
When you look up at the sky, and you get little sort of fly things. That is weird.

I get a variety of effects mentioned above at different times. Being a stubborn old dude, I have refused to get an eye checkup. That is until last week. I was told my eyes were average for my age, but I did need glasses. So over the next few weeks well see if there are any changes.
The one thing I find alleviates most of the focus problems and the increasingly noticeable floaters (little bubble like things) is to get away from my aging and poor brilliance monitor. A few hours away and my vision seems a lot better. If I’ve had a big weekend and jump in front of the screen, or worse, have an endurance bender in front of the monitor, then I can’t seem to blink my eyes clear. It seems there’s a film or something. The optometrist said it is the muscles weakening, as mentioned by hobo.inc. I also get the eyes closed static apollo spoke of, but it seems to diminish with time.
As you grow older you loose the ability to tighten these muscles (cillary) and focus on near objects. It definitely seems (for me) to be accentuated by some drugs, particularly stimulants.
There are many types of seizures and neural conditions which can affect vision. My only suggestions are to get the appropriate tests done, rule out any nasty conditions and start from there. Try to get as much natural light as possible and if you can, look away from the monitor every 15 minutes by focusing on something naturally illuminated.

Originally posted by Hardicus:
YES!!!
When you look up at the sky, and you get little sort of fly things. That is weird.

YES YES... i always get that.. shit i even remember this happening when i was lying in the sun at the beach when i was 10!

I think a sudden drop in blood pressure and/or Anemia causes them little spotty black fly things that float past and interupt your vision.. :)

It happens to the best (and worst) of us..
These "Floaters" are seen by the person as small black objects, "floating" across the front of the eye, usually as dots or wispy lines which are sometimes described 'spiders'.
It doesn't just happen to people who do drugs..
As Johnneh said, he copped it when he was 10 (doubt he had started dabbling at that age, but I could be wrong ;) )..
Anyway, the HPPD condition that -apollo- has described is totally different to the floaty bug thing..