• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

how do i create a workout regimen?

!_MDMA_!

Bluelighter
i want to work out ~3 times a week to lose some fat and become for cut

i also might be playing football my senior year so i wanna become stronger and faster

its important to me to improve my upper and lower bodies as well as my core

how do i mix cardio and strength training?

i will be joining a gym soon

also what should i take as supplements? protein shakes? creatine? im 17 by the way

im already in good physical shape, i just have what im guessing is a beer belly precursor and i want to bulk up

Start with core compounds 3x a week , for example:
mon - flat barbell bench / incline barbell bench / military presses / rear delt db raises
wens - deadlifts / straight bar curls / skull crushers / wide grip pull ups
fri - squats / hack squats / leg press / donkey calf raises

^ this is going on the idea you have 3 days , and you are going to be playing football.

Cardio just do not do directly after lifting, you are in a catabolic state then and you should lift / eat immediately , pref a quick acting high BCAA food / whey.
As for supps , get some protein powder - do you have a card to order online with ? I can send you good bulk priced protein.

Strength training form is the single most important thing, and leaving your ego behind. Fuck with either and you will be injured, good bye senior year glory days !!

for strength - proper warm up set of 12 reps per exercises , then 4x6 , 4x6, 4x5, 4x4 <-- MAKE sure you have a spotter getting into powerlifting.

This is a VERY basic guide , but it is plenty to get you going. Would you like workout sheets bro ? I have them you can log your progress. As you progress and your schedule becomes set can work on switching things around to a more comprehension program working on maximizing your lifts.