Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MELB: [Radio] Nova 100.3 Drug Special

hoptis

Bluelight Crew
"What's the deal"
Just heard an ad for it on Nova 100 in Melbourne here (ironically just before they played Yakooza's 'Cocaine'), not sure if Nova in Sydney are doing something similar. A drugs special on at 6pm this Sunday (22/10/02), to run for an hour, no idea what the exact format will be but the ad had people calling up and talking about their drug usage and experiences.
They're encouraging people who have experience or a drug problem to call them for the show. The DJ mentioned some story about a guy who pulled out 18 of his g/f's teeth while they were on G.
Will be interesting to see how commercial radio, particularly Nova which has a predominantly 18-24 age audience deal with the issue.

The DJ mentioned some story about a guy who pulled out 18 of his g/f's teeth while they were on G.
Couldn't they have just stuck to the animalistic fucking like normal people?

A drugs special on at 6pm this Sunday (22/10/02)I assume you meant 24/11/02? ;)
Can someone with the equipment try to get this taped and into a digital format of a nice downloadable size? We'll try to figure out webspace later, or it can be traded in the IRC channel or something. But I know there's gunna be a lot of people who would be interested in this that will either forget, or won't be able to sit next to a radio for the full hour when it's on.
Thanks guys... should be interesting to see what they have to say. :)
Also - probably worth mentioning that if anyone rings up and bluelight happens to be mentioned, don't talk on our behalf. Your opinions are fine, but make sure that it's clear they are your opinions and you don't come across as officially representing bluelight. And be aware of the 5 second sound bite - if you say something even mildly controversial then you could be taken out of context later and your words could be used against you.

why do ppl care what drugs ppl are on when they do stupid or strange things? Drugs are just a good excuse to let your real feeling show, like a drink lets you come on to women, or an e lets you hug if your not touchy. Its still you moving your arms and legs.

Also - probably worth mentioning that if anyone rings up and bluelight happens to be mentioned, don't talk on our behalf. Your opinions are fine, but make sure that it's clear they are your opinions and you don't come across as officially representing bluelight.
I agree totally - and, as quoted from the Bluelight User Agreement, which everyone agrees to by using this site:
PROHIBITED USE
Rules have been established to protect Bluelight and its members against abuse. Use of Bluelight for any purpose that is unlawful, or in any manner which could impair the operation of this site or any other party's use or enjoyment of this site, is strictly prohibited. Specifically, you may not:
(snip)
7. act as an official representive of Bluelight to the press;
BigTrancer :)

45 minutes into it, and I've yet to hear any harm minimisation... *sigh* I've gotta stop expecting things from the media, I always get disapointed.
Sorry if I find it hypocritical for them to talk about addictions, and then go straight into the song "cocaine". All it has been so far is (at least) some truths about the horrors of drug use (of which there are many) then playing some "hip" drug related songs...
Actually, it's almost all been ads and music.

Soma,
You seem to be the only person I know who manages to find animalistic fucking in the Herald Sun.
All the rest of us seem to only find fucking bullshit.

sorry bout changing subject, they mentioned yesterday that there wassome food which makes you produce more pheronmones? what was this food?
thanks