Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: News.com.au 21 Nov 02: Coke in car bought from police auction

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Coke in car bought from police auction
November 21, 2002
A MAN who was trying to fix a car he bought at a police auction discovered more than he paid for - bundles of cocaine.
The man notified police that he found packages of drugs under the vehicle's console when he started to repair the emergency brake.
The packages contained about four kilograms of cocaine, authorities said.
The man, whose name was not released, bought the 1992 car earlier this month.
He knew from auction information that the vehicle had been seized by narcotics authorities in June 2001 and had been forfeited.
Agence France-Presse
From: http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5532353%255E13762,00.html
Dick head!
BigTrancer :)

/snake voice: "Dude, I am going to totally kill the dude that buys my car"

emergency brake might mean hand brake I am thinking.

I was going to post this with the headline "Worlds Luckiest Man, Also Worlds Stupidest".

I've heard of police selling drugs, but really... Throwing in a free (confiscated) car to the deal is just pushing it a bit far..

It's good to see that there are still concerned, responsible, honest people out there.

derrr.. look, half a million odd dollars worth of drugs... best give it back to the police, hyuk hyuk.

First and last thing to enter my mind if I found 4kg's of pure coke - BIGGEST PARTY EVER!
How on EARTH could you knock back 4kg's of FREE coke? Obviously he's never tried the stuff before ;)

Maybe he found 10kg's of coke. Kept 6, gave 4 back 'in case he thought the police could back track the car to having coke'
see, smart cookie. I now have err, he now has 6 kg of pure coke.
/me goes away to putting some more fake tan on and dancing like 2 naked men are next to him (in joke from a coke head thread I once made)

What would John Citizen do with 4kg of Coke? He probably wouldn’t know anyone who deals drugs, and users he's aware of may in his opinion be the most unsavory of characters. Having that much coke in possession would be pretty unsettling for the unprepared or inexperienced, and if it didn’t initially make you nervous, then see how you'd be after 3 months of trading small deals while using ever larger amounts (there are approximately 140 ounces in 4kg of coke)

A few years ago, a story was relayed to me that involved an old hippy couple who stumbled upon some not so small containers. These guys were into dope and the occasional bit of smack when they could afford it. They didn't even know what to do with coke, and they certainly didn't know the people required to safely get rid of it.

The guy who told me the story said they had sat on it for 6 weeks, knowing someone (him) who knew something about it was to visit. Needless to say, he would have helped increase their knowledge and experiences with the drug.

Upon returning a couple of months later, the visitor described the hippies as “rich in paradise”. The clothes, the confidence, the attitude, the lifestyle - all devilishly cool.

The next time he returned was near the end of the stash. This time the hippies were different. He described them as being totally paranoid and lost. They loved and hated coke, and now their precious was all but gone. What would happen then? The story teller was stunned. Once a carefree couple who managed their former drug habits, they were now a pair of desperate, psychotic coke heads.

The story teller, someone who once often remarked on the virtues of coke, decided to give up his involvement with it altogether after this – for him it was that bad.
While there are many who are disciplined and use sensible amounts recreationally, I personally know of several horror stories involving naive people getting deeply involved with coke i.e. having large amounts at their disposal.

So I'd say the guy finding the 4kgs probably made the right decision, the same most average law abiding citizens would have. The “opportunity advantage” to this over the above story is that no-one was looking for the bundle. Mind you, as wazza said, who’s to say he didn’t actually find a few more kgs in total ;)

Last edited:
There's a Kylie song for all occasions...
"i should be so lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky!"

Also, people don't tend to forget about that four kg bag of coke they stashed in their car. While I can't see myself giving the coke to the cops [imagines self dunking head in mountain of coke ala Al Pacino in scarface], I know that I would be somewhat paranoid about some big timers finding out I ended up with their coke. These people probably don't play nice.

^^^ Me was thinking same.
Would have to sell car quick or make out that it wasnt there and the pigs had a party.

Who bought my car the cops conviscated with all my charlie in it?
Im sending the boys around there...

What I want to know is how did he know it was drugs in the first place? I would have thought the coke would have been compressed so it would have been fairly hard. So if he's some regular charlie church then he would just think, dman this is some wierd packing they are using underneath the dash, and throw it away, or replace it once he's finished his work.
Me finks he found it, knew what it was, gave some back, and now is having the best month of his life.