• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need new doctor for terminally ill patient on opiates PLEASE HELP!!!!!

VespaVixen

Greenlighter
Hello
I am in need of advice.
I have a terminal illness doctors have just put me on opana and fentanyl so I can function aka eat and wall around see friends etc.
The doctor I've been seeing that prescribes my medication is an hour drive. For the past month and a half I have not been able to handle the trip to get there. Literally more than a ten minute drive I vomit and get dizzy.
I went to a local doctor and he really was of no help told me flat out I would be on a "short leash" have to see a psychologist for an evaluation etc.
I am so upset I am TERMINALLY Ill aka DYING and this doctor wants
To waste my time make me suffer longer?
How do I find a good doctor I have all my paper work and clearly am not a "doctor shopper" for strong opiates for recreational use. These LEDs make my life tolerable and lately I'm back in hell. I even weaned myself off fentanyl with NO WITHDRAWAL AT ALL!!!!! I was VERY proud of myself and assume my body is just so used to being uncomfortable that whatever withdrawal I had must have been less severe than my regular symptoms.
I get even worse with my period as soon as I was off the fentanyl my period came back and was so bad I was almost hospitalized.
I live in Los Angeles, CA if ANYONE has a doctor that wouldn't put a terminal patient with documented paperwork of her treatment condition etc. Please help me out I desperate to find a good REAL doctor (not some prescription pad writer type) that is able to sincerely treat me with the medication that has given me a chance at the life I have left. Feel free to PM me etc.
Thank you all for your help. I can advise anyone on how to get off any opiates as I have done so safely with minimal withdrawal.
I can also advise you on which can help minimize particular pain and prevent side effects so you van function and work etc.
Opiates saved my life I hope to help others with my information
Vixy

My biggest advice is to contact a hospice program. Its very possible they will have a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant visit you to monitor meds instead of having you go to a clinic, at least that is how cases I've known of in my area have worked.

I hope you find some assistance and good pain management soon. Most threads dealing with Doctors are in Healthy Living so I'm sending this there.

Homeless -------------------------------------------->Healthy Living

Any good doctor is going to do his homework before prescribing you painkillers that powerful, it sucks for people like you but there are just too many people that go through great lengths to fool doctors for drugs.

I don't mean to seem insensitive, but if you really are dying and there's very little chance of getting better, you should go into a hospice. They are designed to keep you very comfortable. Other than that if there are any support groups for terminal diseases in your area (check the hospital) you can talk to people there about doctors that are generous with painkillers, normally I wouldn't recommend this but if you are terminal you have a right to be comfortable.

The American health care system, to me seems absolutely fucking stupid, i mean surely if you are ill you must be cared for correctly, I am from the uk and in 05 was diagnosed with metastatic testicular cancer that went from my testicals to my gut then into my spine. I have been given the greatest care and medication for almost nothing and it drives me insane that in America if you can't afford the care then basically screw you, or insurance does not help you out either.
Why are you stopping taking the medication you have been prescribed, it is there to help you or do you run out then can't get more, i have been on fentanyl, morphine, diclaphenic and am now on methadone for my spine pain and here we just say when we need more, can someone else drive you to your doctor and you can just vom out the window, ha.
Is this a common problem in the U.S, if it is then shame on the government, but surely if you have all the right things in place that proves your problem why is no one helping, surely you need more help than you are getting now.
good luck with it all and if all else fails hospice it or move here and our good old nhs will help for free.