Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

e and amyl nitrate

yeeya

Bluelighter
Was charging on the dance floor last night peaking on a beige versace when an old aquaintance offered me some "rush" Having never had it before I was a little hesitant but being in a very happy state I gave it a go. 10 secs after inhalation BAM I was on a heavenly planet, it fully intensified my e and some. Then about 5 minutes later it was gone, my legs began to get really heavy and I began to feel exausted, another 5 minutes later my e peak had almost completely gone!! and I was starting to bum out pretty bad, it was lucky I had some g to bring me back otherwise I feel it would of been the end of my night.
Upon talking to others at the gig most people said that rush takes over from other drugs and kills a heck of a lot of brain cells.
Is this a typical rush experience I had? Because if it was I won't be going near it again, the 1-2 minutes of insanely high peak aren't worth halving the duration of a good pill.

That's so weird! Amyl always intensifies my roll, and if I'm coming down it's a surefire way to get me feeling good again (even if it's just for a couple of minutes). I have never had the experience of amyl killing my roll though, and I've never heard of it before. Wonder if anyone else here has had that?

Amyl, amyl amyl... I've got a little to say here.
Amyl nitrate is a poison, which vapourises at room temperature. When amyl is inhaled it relaxes the walls of blood vessels, causing dilation of blood vessels & thus resulting in lowered blood pressure. The heart then beats at a faster rate as it attempts to restore blood pressure to normal levels. In doing so it also causes flushing of the face, tachycardia (increased pulse), dizziness, involuntary relaxation of muscles - especially the anus (thus its popularity amoung the homosexual community.)
Combining it with other stimulants, such as MDxx is strongly discouraged as it places an incredible strain on your heart and cardiovascular system. If you were dancing, on MDxx and inhaling amyl, there's a chance you simply pushed your heart a little too far, heavy legs and exhaustion being the result. Also, if you have any kind of circulatory problems, low blood pressure, heart trouble, breathing problems, anaemia or glaucoma, there's a chance it played a part the effects you're describing.
I'm not so sure why it "killed" your roll, however it looks as if you put your body under considerable strain, and that's why it was almost the end of your night.
Anyone know anything about interactions of amyl & MDxx?

Inhalable nitrites such as amyl (and the stuff you can buy in sex-shops etc., Rush and similar varieties, isobutyl nitrite) are commonly found to give headaches and I've heard a fair few people say that inhaling these vapours really intensifies a peak. After the effects of the inhalants wear off, you come back to a 'baseline' which is nowhere near as intense as the inhalant effects, but is probably still on a strong MDMA peak. Since it's so much less intense than the amyl peak you feel straight.
BigTrancer :)

Yeah I'm startn to feel in retrospect like a glue sniffer, I sorta felt like i was on the verge of having a splitting head ache at the time so i presume that if i had anymore that would have been the case.
I think I'll stay away from the stuff and put that one down as experience.
Thanks for your input.
Aii

Amyl is fun for a try, but IMHO you don't want to be having it on a regular basis. I've never really noticed that it brings my peak down at all, maybe i slight bit, but not enough to make me notice it.

I had a few big sniffs out of the bottle once & it felt absolutely amazing
BUT that was very short lived & within the next 5 minutes I began to get a splitting headache & then the skin on my arms & face felt like it was on fire !
I also had it one other time while I was pilling
Once again had a few big inhales & then started skipping all around the dance floor this soon wore off & then all I wanted to do was stand on the outside & watch
Not my idea of a worthwhile drug...specially for the amount (so word goes) of brain cells it is suppose to damage !
Prefer to stick to something that is going to last & not have such a down effect afterwards!

Don't ever allow the rim of the bottle to touch your skin, particularly the skin of your mouth and nose. Any liquid that is present on the glass will irritate the skin and leave you with a red, peeling nose.
BigTrancer :)

Amyl CAN be fun.
But usually what ppl buy in sex shops and the like is NOT in fact real Amyl Nitrate.
(A few of the variants are mentioned above.
I cant be arsed typing them out now so go looking.)
I was introduced to Amyl by a mate who used to half-dip his cigarettes in the shit two nights before Sublime and let them dry so he could hand them out to unsuspecting peakers in the club and spin them out. He & I & the 'posse' (you know who you are!) spent many a night tucked away at 4AM in 'the secret garden'
(in btwn the 2 buildings behind 'HOME', 1 of which is the 'Nestle' building) doing wafts of amyl every 5 mins and spinning out.
Its not the most GLAMOROUS way to get fuct up. (tongue in cheek of course, what's 'glamorous' these days.(?))
And it reminds me of solvent sniffing.
...paints, glue, petrol, etc...
Which the 'middle class yuppie' in me now finds pretty crude, 'dero' & appauling and to be honest..
Cos it's bound to be doing the same damage that these bring to your brain.
( I watch this happen to young kids every day here in Alice Springs, its really sad..)
Contemplating that it really IS a pointless activity, much more pointless than certain other types of drug use, and much akin to doing NANGS for the duration, damage, and experience, I personally find it to be not morthwhile longterm.
Now, I'll try anything once. (or twice)
-And i usually do. And i did. heh heh-
But for the above reasons I do not support ^^continued^^ usage of Amyl.
(On the other hand this is coming from someone who doesnt bawk at injecting adrenaline for the buzz on occasion) so,
If you wanna find out then by all means go find some but,
*Make sure you know what you are inhaling.*
And Big Trancer is SO SO SO right about the skin contact, its a *BIATCH* in the morning if you let it on your lips or nose.. be warned. ha ha
=K9=
(ps.If i had to choose btwn NANGS and Amyl, i'd go the BULBS.
*NANG HO ON THE LOOSE*)
[ 14 November 2002: Message edited by: #K9# ]

True story, wouldn't lie to ya.
At YU in the X one night, me and a heap of mates were all off chops. We had some Rush and was randomly useing it.
One of my mates was peaking off his head, lying back on a couch. Another one of my mates thought it would be funny to put the Rush under his nose and give him a sniff.
He slipped and pored half the bottle down his nose.
The results were horrendus.
Like I said in my above post, Rush is bad, Mmm'Kay!!!

So back to the whole anus relaxing thing (or whatever it was) that gets the gay community so into Amyl - would it be something good to give ur g/f before a bit of brown love, or does it only work on guys?

^^^err... to misquote Joe Orton; an arse is an arse. But there's other forums around here better suited for that question...

"Amyl nitrate is a poison"
Funny that it is the most common antidote for another far more insidious poision - cyanide. In case of cyanide ingestion or hydrogen cyanide inhalation you basically inhale amyl nitrITE several times for MINUTES at a time - how about that :)
Other than that it used to be used as a treatment for angina. Just like N2O it does have legitimate uses, and i dont feel should be compared with solvent sniffing.
Saying that of course its not something to do often.
And on MDMA especially in a hot environment i seriously advise against it. Amyl makes u feel so hot sometimes u are going to boil, often the temperature effect is the one effect that remains long after the rushing feeling has gone - MDMA, hot club, dancing strenuously and then a sniff of amyl = timebomb.
Wait to u are off the dancefloor or coming down before having amyl on MDMA is my recommendation - ESPECIALLY if u havent had it before.
As for it killing your roll that may be due to what was alluded to - the differences in how u were feeling - as it was your first time the amyl feeling was so out of this world/unexpected - when it ended u forgot the MDMA feeling and that was it.
Amyl is likely to have the same effect on involuntary muscles as referred to above no matter the sex of the person.

I have to agree that it kills my rolls big time. That's why I stick to the good ole vicks.