• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Opium Poppy Seeds Sold at Safeway - Melbourne

This is the worst kept secret ever. Poppies are practically as easy to grow as cannabis, and will grow anywhere. The seeds you buy in the supermarkert are supposed to be "treated" but it is a very inefficient process.
So yes you too can grow them in your backyard, the only problem is that they look fucking obvious. That is if you know what you are looking for.

i would of thought to actually extract the necessary stuff from them would be fairly elaborate. surely the growth alone is not tantamount to having ready access to a smack lab in your own yard?

He grew a low yield crop, was using it for pain relief after a back accident that he got from ditching a 10 year addiction to become labourer.
It was for personal use, he wasn't harming anyone else and he got jailed for it? For a year + another suspended. What the hell? What a judgement, it certainly doesn't reflect the values of anyone I know! The poor bastard, must of lived a pretty shit life that just got a lot shitter. :(

Originally posted by Timmy C:
i would of thought to actually extract the necessary stuff from them would be fairly elaborate.
LOL, the extraction process for opium? the only tool you need is a sharp fingernail. If you want to go upmarket you can use a knife.
Go look at the file footage they always show of Hmong tribespeople in the Golden Triangle harvesting their crops, and check out what they use. You know cheese knives, with the three prongs on the curved up end? You've probably got one in your second draw down. Pretty much identical to what they use.
This is a substance that has been used for over 6000 years. You didn't have to have a degree in Org Chem, and access to rhodium to "make" this stuff work. Sheez...

The best bit about this story is that I didn't know it was easily available in supermarkets, yet thanks to the story in the media now I do... so I wonder how many people will be in the same position as me - will they now go out and do something illegal that they otherwise wouldn't have?
And they say bluelight encourages drug use? At least our users can't find out where to get their drugs from on here, like they can when reading the age... ;)
/me laughs at the hypocrisy... :)
[ 08 November 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

The poor bastard, must of lived a pretty shit life that just got a lot shitter.
Yeah for sure... :(
johnboy, your saying that the poppy seeds he bought may not in fact have been imported poppy seeds and that inefficiently treated aussie seeds may have been to blame?
So they don't use poppies that don't contain opium?
that IS mind boggling, didn't know this.

Nice one Pleo, I just love how it always make sense to us, but never to them. Idiots.

From memory the process of irradiating opium seeds is supposed to be about 98% effective. It could be greater than this now, as this was when the regulation first came in. If you think about it, even at 99% sterility there is still quite a large number of viable seeds in a kilo ;)
As they are probably considered indispensable in baking, these seeds are sure to be with us for a while yet.
When I was last in NZ in 94, growing poppies was apparently permitted providing they weren't bled. In other words if the seed pods had scrape marks on them you're in trouble. People grew these to sell as dried arrangements at markets (yeah right)

simpledimple: wot p_d said.
if anyone wants to know anything more about this topic i'd suggest checking out the forums at www.poppies.org
But please behave. We are often loathe to point people in the direction of other boards because certain immature Bluelighters ruin our name on them. So please be respectful.
So yeah, growing poppies used to be a semi-secret, but anyone with half a brain could have worked it out, and many have. The mainstream media have now opened the floodgates, so I guess we'd better get ready to deal with the consequences here.
The bottom line is growing any sort of plant, whether it be legal or not, for illicit use is a very tricky thing to pull off. Unless you can guarentee that no one is going to notice it I wouldn't even bother.
And as this case has shown if and when you do get busted they are going to throw the fucking book at you. Cannabis is now semi-decriminalized in many parts of Australia, and getting caught growing a cou0ple of plants will get you at worst a slap on the wrist.
Growing something that could produce the evilest of all drugs; heroin? Go straight to jail, do not pass go...
[ 08 November 2002: Message edited by: johnboy ]

[stupid post exam comment] I always did like my orange and poppy seed cake [/end stupid post exam comment] ;)
thanx for that link JB

Jesus. Talk about an old thread.

The dudes been out of jail for nearly five years now. Probably barely remembers the case ;)

Jimity said:
Jesus. Talk about an old thread.

The dudes been out of jail for nearly five years now. Probably barely remembers the case ;)

LOL!

That's fuckin' funny!