Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ox blood!

lorrett

Bluelighter
Recently, I was chatting with a group of old reformed speed freaks....yes do they exist....anyway the topic of conversation we had was about the quality of speed currently available in sydney.
I said crystal meth is the shit but they said ox blood was the shit. pretending i knew what they were talking about i agreed.
So what the fark is this so called ox blood? Anyone.
Thanks in advance

Hmm, well... I think there's a couple of opinions on this. Most of the drug info websites searchable from Google and located in Australia seem to point to 'ox blood' being a kind of liquid meth:
Common Street Names
Speed, goey, whizz, uppers. Methamphetamine is called "ice" or "shabu" (also "batu", "glass" and "crystal meth"). Liquid methamphetamine is often called "ox blood", "leopard's blood" or "red speed".
From: Australian Bureau of Criminal Intelligence (1998) , Australian Illicit Drug Report, ABCI, Canberra
URL: http://www.aic.gov.au/research/drugs/types/amphetamines.html
Also, sometimes coloured meth goes around that ranges in colour from rusty orange to dark brown, with a dark red falling squarely in between. I'm not sure if this is caused by some kind of impurity in the manufacturing process, leftover red phosphorous (maybe?) or any other adulterant. This kind of "ox blood" or "red champagne" meth is, I believe, no stronger than other crystal meth. However, perhaps the colouring makes it more difficult to cut down without ending up with a pink, crap looking street product, so they leave it less cut and try to capitalise on the colouring as a selling point.
If you want really pure meth, you have to recrystallise it with acetone to remove the cutting agents. Then you have the meth, the whole meth and nothing but the meth, so help you God.
Hope that helps answer your question.
BigTrancer
icon7.gif

[ 02 November 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

As a fellow meth consuming Sydney-sider I can confirm that there was some relatively strong crystal meth on the streets not long ago by the name "Ox blood".
The difference between "crystal meth" and "Ox blood" was red food dye. There just happened to be some of it which was not as heavily cut as what Sydney usually sees which got the word around that "Ox blood" is the shit, and somehow it became different from meth in the vocabularies of a few uninformed folk.
Keep in mind - anyone can put food dye in a sattie & sell it off as "Ox blood". It's in no way a guarantee of quality, and in fact has probably been used as a selling point for dodgy dealers...
If you want pure meth, wash what you buy with cool acetone. It should dissolve any cutting agents and leave you with the goods.
:)

i have heard of red liquid speed, it is also called elephant blood (don't ask why?). An old work mate once told me about it, he said one drop on a peice of tally-ho kept him and his workmates buzzing like they never have before. I've also read a source somewhere about it,

This washing with acetone, how do you go about doing that??? any websites would be interesting.
Most of the meth in perth is shit that looks like its only half crystal and half crap.
Thanks

Ox blood was fairly huge in Sydney (particularly, and don't ask me why, Sydney's western suburbs) when i was last here in '93 - 94.
it is a red liquid methamphetamine.
actually, NDARC (National Drug & Alcohol Research centre) have just brought out a card with about 20 forms of different amphetamines that police have seized. the purpose of the card is to try and educate people about what is base, what is ice etc.
it has a photo of red liquid on it, which brought all sorts of memories rushing back - speed is not my drug anymore admittedly, but i haven't seen the liquid in more than seven years, nor heard much tell of it.
if people are passing off a red crystal as "Ox blood" they are seriously deluding themselves. measure for measure, it was stronger than any amphetamine i have had b4 or since.
the card is in the car and my partner just went for a driving lesson in it, but i think there is an url where you can view the resource online.
i'll look for it and try and post tomorrow.
[ 13 November 2002: Message edited by: mibrane ]

thanks mibrane... you're on track to answering my question. the ox blood i was refering to was red liquid speed not coloured crystal meth.
i've tried heaps of different types of meth but not this one!
anyone out there come across any type of liquid speed recently. love to hear a user report.

It is a possibility that this could me meth as a freebase oil. Weight for weight it is signficantly stronger than meth HCl
The red colour would be due to intentional colouring as marketing or impuritites due to incomplete cleaning/synthesis.

Too easy.
Take your speed hcl dissolve it in a little water, add food colouring.
Ox blood.
If you want to get technical wash your speed with acetone before adding it to the water. If you have glass very crystalline stuff then don't recrystalise it, aswell of ridding it of trace impurities, you'll rid yourself of >5% of your actual glass! same with acetone washing.
plus the cooks will probably be on to this acetone washing in a jiffy, all they need do is add a cut which isn't soluble in acetone. acetone won't remove pseudoephedrine or glutimate or epsom salts for example.
Stronger Ox blood, higher concentration of speed in the water.
dripping it on a piece of paper or other media is a convienient way to swallow it. If you snort it or reverse fart it up your arse it should hit you really hard, the optimum without IV'ing it.
Hey make your own colour, be origional Ox's arent even australian are they!?

I always thought that meth freebase wasn't effective at all. Otherwise why would people go to so much trouble crystallising it?
I too have seen red 'meth' once before in Adelaide, it was a moist paste with a blood red colour, and did indeed seem to produce a stronger effect, although it was also a lot 'rushier' than most meth, and had a harsher comedown. I assumed it just had some left over impurities other than methamphetamine (eg red phosphorous?), which maybe accounted for the difference in effect?

What do you think is easier to cut & distribute? A thick, sticky oil or powder?
[ 13 November 2002: Message edited by: Plague Bearer ]

Since 100% of the meth that I have seen or heard of (in Adelaide) is a damp paste anyway, I don't think that could be too great a concern. ;)
I'm sure I have read somewhere that freebase meth is not worth using. Can anyone correct me?

also... meth salt weighs more than the freebase, so they can make more $$$ from it.
M

This might not be useful but the only "Ox Blood" I have seen was very dark red very sticky Meth. Was quite strong, burnt like fuck and smelt like burnt rubber.
That was the strangest bit, the smell. Before and after snorting we could smell burning rubber. Like we were racking up in the middle of a burnout comp or something. Was strange.