• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

CONFUSED - Can anybody pleaaasssee tell me what SHABU actually is?

SmeK

Bluelighter
Um yeh this may of been answered but is shabu meth or 4mar??? noone can seem to tell me what im smoking?? Ive heard the following -
1) its nearly pure meth
2) its 4mar (ice)
3) its meth thats been crystallised
I'm completely lost i _would_ even give some to some1 to analyse

Really, it's whatever the dealer thinks it is...
I know that's no help, but the term is so confused now that there would be people out there that would sell meth under this name and be 100% sure they're right, as well as people selling 4mar and being just as sure of themselves. :\
For what it's worth, I think it's supposed to be meth.

Hey Smek,
Try using the search feature, search sabu, or any of the other terms associated with it that u have heard of, im sure u'll come up with something :D
Good hunting!

if you really want to know what you are smoking, then get yourself a reagent tester kit like EZ-test. if it is methamphetamine it will react and give you a red/orange reaction, whereas, 4-MAR will not give a colour change.
most speed/meth/crystal in australia is methamphetamine, and a simple spot test will tell you what it is.
CB :)

Shabu is a name given to whatever someone wants to sell you. It could be whatever the hell they decided to put into a baggie, and name Shabu.
The only way to know what you are ingesting is to get yourself a tester, and even then, you've only got a good idea of what you are taking.

Face it, street names suck.
I got sold 1,4B and I was dead set told it was GHB. Any dodgy sales people are deceitful.

Cool thanx for the advice dude... is there anywhere i can obtain this kit from without the internet ( dont have a creditcard of my own ;O)
Yeh well this stuff i get from filipino'z i think its imported ( its HUGE over there )

Many terms are used (intentionally and unintentionally due to ignorance, dirty profits or whatnot) for both substances. This has been discussed in the thread you posted previously - SHABU - [ne1 kno a good way to turn shabu (crystalmeth) into liquid plz??] , and the following thread: ice in melbourne.
You might be interested to know that meth was once referred to as 'glass' as the crystals which comprised it were clear, and 4-mar was once known as 'ice' as it had an opaque finish. The two have come to share both names.
I'll leave this open as someone might have something to add, however in future please use the search button.
:)

Well according to Newsweek magazine, shabu refers to meth, although the article was mainly on Japan's lack of strict analogue laws, thus making it legal to sell substances as 2CI and AMT in the street (don't believe this as gospel as we all know how misleading the media can be). The article only mentioned shabu in passing stating that many people in asia are addicted to it.

I can tell you what Shabu is?
But can anyone tell me what Shabooh Shoobah (INXS, 1983 correction 1982)?
:D :D :D
[Edit: Yer, Smarty pants wazza. ;) ]
[ 28 October 2002: Message edited by: Raving Loony ]

C'mon SmeK, your answer is to get a test kit and TEST!
Be sure to use a fresh Marquis or E1 kit. Older kits seem to show less sensitivity to amphetamine and meth.
By doing this you will know whether it is Shabu as in Meth, or Shabu as in something else - possibly 4MAR.
If you are really serious, do as biscuit suggests and get a simons and a robadope kit (EZ Extreme, DanceSafe etc.) and see if it reacts as a primary or secondary amine, as 4MAR has both. We are as curious as you as to whether 4MAR is actually around, and what response it will show if any to an amine test.
Otherwise everything is just speculation, becoming somewhat repetitive :)

AFAICT, shabu has long been a name for methaphetamine, usually in crystal form, and this term is widely used in Asia. Crystal meth is also known as ice in some parts of Asia. Ice is also a term for 4MAR, but AFAIK shabu isn't a name for 4MAR, it is predominantly only used for meth.
And let's face it 4MAR is one of those drugs you will never, ever see, unless you are extremely lucky. 999 times out of 1000 the substance referred to as "shabu" will be crystal methamphetamine.

^ Thanks JB, I don't think Shabu normally refers to 4-MAR. I should have said "ice as in.." in the above post. This term certainly is used for both and is confusing.

Ok, I'm going to retract my statement that shabu = 4MAR as everyone seems to have come to the conclusion that it isn't, shabu is a street term and obviously has different meanings to different people. Just goes to show how confusing street slang can become with different chemicals being given the same name. The only way to really avoid confusion is as someone stated earlier on this issue is when referring to chemicals to use their chemical name. Let’s say shabu is a name given to a relatively pure form of chemical stimulant and if you really want to know whether you have methamphetamine or 4-methylaminorex try as biscuit suggested and test a sample.
[ 28 October 2002: Message edited by: Fry-d- ]

My understanding is that johnboy's comments are pretty spot on.
Now just to confuse the issue a little further here are some quotes from officialdom...
From "Australia's Dynamic Methamphetamine Markets" - Drug Trends Bulletin, Illicit Drug Reporting System, June 2002:
"Ice", also known as "shabu", "crystal" and/or "crystal meth", is a crystalline form of high purity methamphetamine which is imported from Asian countries. Australian Customs Service figures indicate that importations of ice have increased significantly in recent years.
And from "Queensland Party Drug Trends 2001": Findings from the Illicit Drug Reporting System (IDRS) Party Drugs Module, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre Technical Report no 133:
18.4 SHABU
18.4.1 Types of shabu
21% of the sub-group had used shabu. Dealers were reported to have told users the drug was a either a mixture of cocaine and ampetamine (33%); a form of amphetamine (33%); or ice (33%). Most users were unsure of what the drug actually was (67%) or were convinced that it was cut speed (33%).
The same report defines ice as "a strong form of methamphetamine" and says that common street names for ice are "crystal meth", "meth" and "shabu". A new street name identified was "putih", meaning white.
To add to johnboy's comments, while I'm sure that 4-MAR is sometimes found in Australia, it's pretty uncommon. It would often be sold as ice or shabu because without testing it's hard to tell the difference between 4-MAR and methamphetamine crystals - and from reports on Bluelight and Erowid the subjective experience sounds somewhat similar too.