Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cairns & Tablelands Magic Mushies

papapilla

Bluelighter
I was just wondering if there were any experienced mushie trippers in Cairns that are browsing through this thread.
Reason being is that I have a mate here from over seas & he use to always go the Magic mushies back home & is keen as to try them over here.
I know where I can get them from (im not asking anyone to tell me where to get them from) as people from way back have told me but it has never interested me before now.
I just want to know what to look for in a good mushroom.
What to stay away from.
How many should we get.
How should we consume them.
-Some recommend boiling them into tea where others say eat them straight up
Once we have boiled X amount how much of the tea should we drink (i know depending on the individual the dosage will vary but an idea would be helpful)
also anything you might think i might need to know as I would like to try & make this ride go as smooth as possible for all involved.
Thanks

Make sure you take someone that's been mushie hunting before. There are some highly toxic mushrooms that look a lot like the magic variety, and if you don't know what you're looking for you might end up with the wrong ones (which would be kinda bad)...
Try researching on http://www.shroomery.org - there are photos that will guide you. Also, if you're serious about this, there are books you can buy with full details about identifying mushrooms and contain lots of glossy pictures you can take with you.
As far as doses and such, I could research it and find out, but I'm not very experience in mushroom usage so I'd rather leave that to someone more qualified to answer... :)

allrighty then.......
this is all remembered from along time ago when i went on holidays in townsville.We only ever went out at night(probably to hide from the farmers but there may have been other reasons) We only ever picked shrooms straight out of cow pads never from anywhere else.They were always a purpley blue colour(mainly after picking).I think from memory it was better to go picking after rain.When we got home we boiled all the shrooms up in a pot until it was like a black broth and then strained it into a container through a tea towel.The resulting mixture was a black liquid that would settle if left long enough,so i guess it had some kind of sediment.None of us were too experienced so we experimented with dosages.Produced a happy trip that was moderately clean with an average comedown.Ummmm and thats about it,not saying thats the best way to do it just the way we did!

the ones i have picked in cairns were a combination of the "gold top" n "blue meanies". Im of the opinion cairns mushrooms are a little dirty, not like ones from overseas (AT ALL), but generally just the ones growing in the cowpat will do!
U have to make sure that it has rained the night before and got some early morning sun to get the best pickings (make sure u dont come too late either as the sun will frizzle them)
Boiling them up in tea i find works nice, and as each mushroom contains different amount of psylacibin, there is no real acurate dosafe of mushrooms (I hold the boiled juice up to the light, if its opaque (unable to be seen thru) then drink half a cup, if its transparent drink a full cup...

Beauty guys thanks very much for the above info
That Erowid site looks like it has plenty of info that will come in handy.
If anyone else has any more to add please do so as I will be checking back on here.
It could be a while before I get a chance to try it cause as we all know this continent is pretty bloody dry at the moment.
I do know someone who has done em before (in oz) that wants to go with us. I just can't remember if he has done it in Cairns as he is originally from Melbourne.
GO THE SHROOMS OF MAGIC !