Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5HTP-Does it Kill The Afterglow?

dailygrind

Bluelighter
Hey all.. just a question for 5htp users: Does it kill the amazing "e afterglow" that lasts about 48 hours? I always survive the next night's clubbing purely on the afterglow..(Because its good, and dropping 2wice is nasty) So, how does 5HTP affect it?
Cheers.
-Dg

I'm not sure about your actual question, but can I just ask how often you use MDMA? In my experience people that cane it hard don't get the afterglow, and instead experience depression and stuff like that - whereas people that don't take too much too often will get a positive afterglow...
When I used to do pills, the afterglow was the best bit of the whole experience in my opinion... :)
Sorry, just curious - hopefully everyone else will be able to answer your specific question...
[ 24 September 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

I know what you mean by 'afterglow' and I would say it is as dependent on set and setting as the roll. 5-HTP doesnt affect it too much if you have pre/post-ed in small (ie: 1 or 2 caps) amounts.

mmmmm After Glow! I love the After Glow. People come up to you and say "What are you so happy about". I say "Shut the fuck up you negative feeding mother fucker". But as to your question about 5-htp consumption. I guess when I take h-htp after a roll, I feel alittle jaded, in a way where I'm sitting there like a vegatable with almost no thought process. It's not a bad comedown, I guess the 5-htp makes me feel real fucken sleepy afterwards. It's not until I wake up the next day, is my face glowing like the sun. I never glow straight after a roll. Only after getting sleep do I glow. Then again, I only pop once every 2-3 months. Maybe someone who pops every week can help you alittle better.
Cheers

5HTP is the best stuff out...
I think its like finding health in a computer game...

^ROFL, I got a funny image in my head of running around a platform game & collecting health ;) hehe
I guess when I take h-htp after a roll, I feel alittle jaded, in a way where I'm sitting there like a vegatable with almost no thought process.
I get similar to this, just enjoy sitting in the sun with little or no thoughts for half the day...would hate to have to do an in depth question on physics,chemistry,etc ;)
So I would say the afterglow is slightly different but not killed by 5-HTP.

Cheers ppl, that helps. Pleonastic: I dont cane it hard - 4 times a year is my limit... (so when I do roll... i really roll!) Interestng about what you said re: heavy users: bad comedown / light users: afterglow. I almost always do 2 dance parties in a row (ie sat&sun): Sat on a pill....and sun on the glow.... Sunday's almost as good... with the aded bonus that I'm thinking clearer. My friends who use more often, and also dropped both nights... well.. I steer clear of them till after teary tuesday, because it really is teary tuesday!
-DG
PS: Do you think the "HTP - Modified" afterglow will see me through the next night's party?

Hey Guys, I was a heavy E user and have never heard of the term "after glow". This concept is new to me. My friends and I alway managed to get nasty comedowns after consuming E. E is probaly the worst drug in terms of come downs and after effects. Its great when your up, but the down time really defeats the purpose of dumping E. 2 hour peak = one day shitty after effects, not my idea of value. Just my opinion thats all. I use 5 htp regullary just as a pick me up,and I must say the stuff works..

This 'afterglow' you speak of is most likely a result of the fragile state your serotonin, dopamine & norepinephrine neurotransmitter systems are in after MDMA - depleted levels and abused axons, receptors & so forth finally coming to rest after the forced actions of the drug.
Taking 5-htp will more than likely distub the fragile state of your brain, and thus your mood. For better or worse will depend on the individual, the dose of 5-htp and the amount of MDMA consumed the night before...
:)
[ 25 September 2002: Message edited by: apollo ]

Originally posted by mayday:
5HTP is the best stuff out...
I think its like finding health in a computer game...

Most true thing I have ever read! Hehehehehehehehe funny shit mayday

^^
All the more reason to get some 5-HTP methinks...
Has anyone ever experianced post-use eleation ?(opposite of depression i think, and if it isnt, shup up you negative feeling motherfucker ;)
Having dropped on saturday, the sunday sketchyness was there, and come monday, the blues had really hit.
But tuesday was completely different, I was happy, like REALLY happy. This happyness has continued the rest of the week up to today (saturday). While I think this was mostly due to a positive life-changing experiance while on the MDMA, I also ponder, have the pills flipped out my brain to a reverse-extent?

After i dump (and i dont take 5-htp) i just feel scatt, and either:
a) kinda buzzy (depending on how much i consumed)
or
b) sleepy as fuck (again depending on how much i have consumed)
Im a tad confused as to this term "afterglow", is it just another way of describing scatterdness?
Or is it some completely diff. feeling?
I dont dump much, probably 5 times a year if that ( i havent dumped since january but then thi sis my hsc year, and last year i dumped 5 times)
I cant really remeber the day after my last dump, other than having that horrible scatt sleep on the train, then finally getting home and whatching cartoons in my bedroom and eating food and feeling pretty darn good considering the nite before's activities ;)
Sorry to ramble :D

I think in this context, 'comedown' is referring to the residual negative effects that are felt after a drug experience, while 'afterglow' refers to the residual positive effects.
BigTrancer :)

I get the afterglow happyness after i drop too. Usually it starts the day after and lasts anywhere up to a week.
The feeling is of empowerment, of insight that i can only compare to that sometimes achieved through lots of meditation. I also find that the waves of happyness and contentment will come back from time to time up to a month later.
Maybe its cause I only drop every month or so, maybe its a result of my thought processes changing and developing due to drug use (and being able to find happiness in small simple things), or maybe its a chemical based 'afterglow', I don't know. :)
I do notice that when I've gone through periods of 'all weekend' everyweekend' that I don't get the afterglow happiness anywhere near as much. Just enjoy it, and don't go too hard if you love the afterglow like I do. :)

Woah, your saying there is a good side to the after effects of dumping *falls off chair*
:D
But seriously, i can understand that, and i think i have had it, im not sure, the concept kinda baffles me
As i have always thought of anything after dropping as a comdown/negative
Need to get my head around this one :D

Had my first afterglow comedown in months on the weekend. Id say I get a good day like that maybe once every 3 outings or so. You still feel kinda empty but its funny and you just dont give a fuck about anything...love it.
Its a hard thing to describe- its like you kinda have a very mild peak all the next day- a kinda buzz but at the same time feel a bit dodgy but like I said its fun. It also makes you laugh heaps when something funny happens and you cant stop for ages. Have a few cones the next day and maybe a little sleep etc and its all good. I usually feel a bit sketchy but I enjoy it if im with mates and mucking around.
I wouldnt rate the afterglow highly in a senible context, that is, its fun in that druggy, dreggy lazy stoner sorta way but it is still a dodgy thing to be in all the time. Its fun but I dont think I agree that its insightful and empowering because you are still kinda braindead and sketchy. Damn that was incoherant...

I had really strong afterglow, after an event on the weekend in perth, from a Green Fish (pillreport here). I preloaded for 3 days before with: 200mg 5HTP, 300mg on the last day, and on the morning of the event itself, at 100mg as soon as i woke up. (event was that night)
Apon ariving home at dawn the day after, popped 100mg 5htp, slept 5h, then popped another 100mg, and later that arvo popped another 100mg before tea. (all for harm-reduction purposes mainly)
From the moment i woke up that morning, till about 4-6pm the feeling just gradually drifted away, it was lovely. Just a gentle reminder of the night/morning before.
The effect was basically the same loved-up feeling you get while affected by MDMA, except at a greatly reduced intensity. I talked for hours with my girlfriend (really openly), and it felt GREAT to hug and touch (.... and etc). Oh yeah, went for a swim at that ozone filtered pool/spa/sawna and that was reaaly really nice.
So there you go. 5HTP didn't kill no afterglow for me baby. (by my logic it should make it better shouldn't it?)

To answer my own question: Tried and tested on the weekend: 5HTP changed, but sure didnt "kill" the amazing afterglow, which saw me dancin' all night at the 2nd danceparty - (sunday, having dropped on the sat nite) on nothing but fresh air and water! So there ya go!
-DG