• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Wtf?! Doctor Wouldnt Refill Kpin While On Suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanyeknievel

Bluelighter
I called the pharmacy I get my refills for klonopin, and they call the doctor and ask for a refill. I've been getting klonopin from this doctor, my GP, for almost a year now and I've been on suboxone for 20 days now and I've been taking my klonopin with my suboxone everyday, obviously because I would withdrawal bad if I didnt.

So i go to my pharmacy, expecting there to be a refill and they tell me the doctor wouldn't give me a refill because my on suboxone? Wtf how they hell does that make any sense?! Is there some complciations between the two or something? Do I need to go to my doctor and tell him to switch me to a different benzo or something so I dont go into withdrawal or what? I've been taking my suboxone with my klonopin everyday and theres no adverse effects with taking them both, I dont get why the doctor wont refill it. It makes absolute no sense, and I have about two days left of my klonopin till im out...

what should i do, do i have to go make an appointment tommorow or something just to tell him ive taken both together for hte past 20 days and I've had not adverse reactions or what? This is utter bullshit, what the hell does he think i've been doing hte past twenty days? Get off of my klonopin just because im on suboxone and go threw intense phsycological withdrawal like I did last time I didnt take it?

There is no interactions that I know of beside the usual opiate benzo ones. Perhaps some negative hype because almost all bupe overdoses occur when taken in combination with benzos as well. How your doc thinks you can manage to abruptly cold turkey year long klonopin usage without risking a seizure and some major depression, especially not even talking about it with you beforehand is a little beyond me though. Have you just called your doc and spoken with him to see if it is a mistake? Maybe make an appointment as well just in case. If you someone can't get through to him then you can go to emerge when the withdrawal symptoms start and they will give you something to make sure you don't die.

some doctors won't prescribe benzos if you are on suboxone. I bet if you go see him you can talk him into at least tapering you down rather then cutting you off cold turkey like that (although if he cut you off cold turkey in the first place he will probably taper you ungodly fast)

your best bet is to find a new doctor. when I was on sub I was getting my benzos (and adderall oddly enough) all from my sub doctor. you might also tell him whats up and maybe he will pick up the slack and write the script for you? can't hurt to ask.

for future reference you don't really gain anything from telling your GP you are on sub -- he most likely thinks you are a drug addict and are abusing the benzos.

You shouldn't have called the pharmacy to call in a refill for you.

Look over the pharmacies policies about sharing personal information of yours with others, and see if they were even allowed to do this in the first place.

If you simply went straight to the doctor, and he did not find out you were on Suboxone (which he could have easily done if your state has a state-wide database, something he could have done whether or not the pharmacy called in a refill for you), then he would have had one less reason not to refill it.

Some doctors don't phone in refills anyways, for almost no to actually no reasons at all. I wouldn't be upset over this.

Furthermore, this isn't exactly an Other Drugs topic so I am going to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.