• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Has anyone tried Slimquick??

SingerGirl422

Greenlighter
This is a weight loss supplement designed for women, so this post is directed towards the females. I'm in 3 weddings this summer, and beach/bathing suit season is right around the corner, so I'm trying to prepare myself. (Let me add that my weight stays pretty steady around 150, and for my height of 5'8", I hardly consider myself overweight, just want to slim down a little bit and find a way to keep the weight off).

I've taken a few of the necessary steps...
I started eating better - healthier foods and smaller portions, but I want to be realistic about my diet and eating habits. Since I'm not on a very strict or regulated diet, I think a supplement like Slimquick, which is supposed to curb cravings and enhance energy, is something that could work for me, but I want to find out if it's worked for anyone else??
I've also started exercising again (I run at least a mile every weekday morning, and do push-ups and sit-ups every night). I would get a gym membership, but I work 2 jobs, a lifestyle which isn't exactly conducive to daily workouts with the exception of early in the morning and late at night. One of my jobs is waitressing, which is a workout in itself since it's pretty nonstop, and I work at the restaurant 3-5 days a week. (The downfall - it's a steakhouse, and I inevitably have to fight the urge to order a medium rare ribeye and loaded baked potato at the end of every shift, a battle sometimes lost). My other job, however, consists of sitting at a computer for at least 8 hours a day and although I do try to get up and move around as much as possible, I basically feel my ass getting fatter as I'm typing this.

Any feedback or other suggestions would be awesome! Thanks! :)

Losing weight is as simple as burning more calories than you take in.

I'll summarize how anyone on earth can lose weight:

Diet:
Throw out or give away all the shitty food in your cupboards. Never eat fast food. Never drink anything other than water, tea, coffee, or alcohol-- no soda, no milk, no fruit juice, no KoolAid, etc...

Buy only healthy foods. Your daily meals should look something like this:

Breakfast: a bowl of old-fashioned oatmeal, with cinnamon, a diced apple, and a dollop of peanut-butter if you promise not to cheat later in the day. A glass of ice water 30 minute after eating, and/or green-tea.

Brunch: A banana, orange, apple, or other fruit + green-tea, water.

Lunch: Small portion whole-wheat pasta with mixed beans, spices, maybe a splash of olive oil. Handful of raw almonds if you're feeling frisky. Water.

Linner: 2 eggs, cooked in olive oil; can of tuna mixed with mustard. Water.

Dinner: Salad with broccoli, spinach, lettuce, diced peppers, onions, carrots, olive oil or non-HFCS dressing. Decaf tea.

Or, some variation of above diet. The main points: carbs in the morning and not at night, protein with most meals, lots of water and green-tea to stimulate your metabolism.

Exercise:
Run. Run everyday. Do a couple miles everyday and you'll feel like a new person in two weeks. Also: lift weights. "But I'm a women, I don't want to put on muscle!" Incorrect-- you aren't even capable of putting on visible muscle mass. Instead, you'll stimulate your body into fat-burning mode that lasts longer than running alone. You don't need a gym membership-- buy a barbell, a minimal amount of weight, a pullup-bar, and some dumbbells. Do compound exercises-- squats, pull-ups, bench-press; push-ups and sit-ups too.

calories in < calories out | clean diet | sustained exercise

drinking a shake or taking some pills isn't going to do anything for you.

I think even that's taking the term "dieting" too far. You know what you should eat. We're all aware of what's truly good for us and what we should ingest in moderation.

However, I am in favor of the above exercise regime posted. Weightlifting + cardio = benefits, plus benefits other than weight loss.

couldnt a thermogenic supplement before you workout be of some help?

Yes, but in my opinion they are a waste of money unless you're a bodybuilder looking to lose that extra 0.5% body fat before a comp. There's always the extra risk of cardiovascular damage or rebound weight-gain too (might not be a problem depending on how healthy you are and how determined you are to adhere to a diet religiously though).

Changed's post is jammed full of fantastic advice. Getting to and maintaining a healthy weight is all about diet, exercise and consistency. :)

Good luck SingerGirl!

Edit: I should add if this slimquick is a meal-replacement shake then avoid it like the plague. Again they're a waste of money; some protein powder, artificial flavours, sweetener, and vitamins, and some carbs. You're far better off eating a real, healthy meal; or supplementing with home-made protein shakes.

I think even that's taking the term "dieting" too far.

What exactly do you mean by this?

If you're saying that this is too strict: I eat less than this everyday, and I still maintain my 5'11, 168 pound somewhat-muscularly defined men's body. If you're a women and doing less exercise than I do in a day, you shouldn't be eating more than that.

Eat a multi-vitamin if you don't think you're getting enough vitamins/nutrients/etc...

^ Not that it's too strict, it's more along the lines of too picky with timing. No carbs in the evening won't change all that much. yes, you definitely don't want to eat too much before bed, but the harm isn't in carbs, it's in calories.

couldnt a thermogenic supplement before you workout be of some help?

When I hear "thermogenic" I think about those dirty Stacker 3 caffeine + random crap pills or people using ephedrine. Neither of them are very good for you and your weight will most likely return after you stop using the pills.

When I hear "thermogenic" I think about those dirty Stacker 3 caffeine + random crap pills or people using ephedrine. Neither of them are very good for you and your weight will most likely return after you stop using the pills.

hmm i almost bought a bottle of that haha:p
ill just go with some green tea extract

OP-like someone else said, if you burn more calories than you take in, you will achieve wieght loss. just follow Changed's post. best of luck :)

slimquick = glorified caffeine pills. Honestly, almost every hydroxycut/slimquick/etc product is just a glorified caffeine pill, like literally 90%+ of the time.
/caffeine helps, but you can get 90 200mg tabs at walmart for like $1.99 labelled "alert aid" or something. Staff usually can't find it, just check through their supps/vits sections ;)

slimquick = glorified caffeine pills. Honestly, almost every hydroxycut/slimquick/etc product is just a glorified caffeine pill, like literally 90%+ of the time.
/caffeine helps, but you can get 90 200mg tabs at walmart for like $1.99 labelled "alert aid" or something. Staff usually can't find it, just check through their supps/vits sections ;)

im going to walmart tomorrow, they better be there:D

^ For what reason are you going to get those caffeine pills, mgmt?

i dint say i was gonna buy em, i was just holding ma fran Sanger to his word haha. im gonna buy some in a few weeks to help me study for finals.

they were more than he said btw=D

what, $2.99? I'm talkin 90 or 100 pills, 200mg, walmart brand - little white bottle w/ an orange/red sticker on it ;P

Let's try and keep this on topic, folks. :) The thread's on Slimquick, not people and their drugs. :p

This is a weight loss supplement designed for women, so this post is directed towards the females. I'm in 3 weddings this summer, and beach/bathing suit season is right around the corner, so I'm trying to prepare myself. (Let me add that my weight stays pretty steady around 150, and for my height of 5'8", I hardly consider myself overweight, just want to slim down a little bit and find a way to keep the weight off).

I've taken a few of the necessary steps...
I started eating better - healthier foods and smaller portions, but I want to be realistic about my diet and eating habits. Since I'm not on a very strict or regulated diet, I think a supplement like Slimquick, which is supposed to curb cravings and enhance energy, is something that could work for me, but I want to find out if it's worked for anyone else??
Slimquick may help you take a couple pounds off, but for the price of it, you'll save more money by reevaluating your diet and cutting excess calories from that. Like you said, your downfall is ordering from work: That can't be free. Each time that you chose not to order from work, not only will you save on mostly empty calories, but you'll save money.

I think getting on a "strict or regulated diet" and renaming it a "lifestyle change" is what you're looking for and that you'll be happier with that solution in the long run instead of a pill. :)

^ You're quick, man. Whalemart must be right around the corner!

haha naw i just needed some new deodorant n blades for my razor so i had the mum drive me to wally world.

what, $2.99? I'm talkin 90 or 100 pills, 200mg, walmart brand - little white bottle w/ an orange/red sticker on it ;P

haha there were 2 kinds!! both 90 200mg pills. one was 5$ and the other was 6$ =D

let's try and keep this on topic, folks. The thread's on Slimquick, not people and their drugs. :p

haha sorry bout that, ill stop :)

Slimquick may help you take a couple pounds off, but for the price of it, you'll save more money by reevaluating your diet and cutting excess calories from that. Like you said, your downfall is ordering from work: That can't be free. Each time that you chose not to order from work, not only will you save on mostly empty calories, but you'll save money.

^this is probably the best advice on this thread IMO.