Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

E - Drug test...

Cdcbraja

Bluelighter
Hi all..
A friend of mine has asked me to post this on here. He is going for a job in a few weeks with a Certain Airline. and he was told they drug test there staff.. in the last month he has smoked a bit of pot.. and had about 3 pills (Mdma)
now that he has found out about this job he is a bit worried that there still might be some trace of the drugs in his system?? how long should there be traces of it in his system??
Thanks heaps for any help..
Braja.

ok this has been covered many, many times before but i'lll post this, which is from a new, concise FAQ about to put up:
XII. Drug Testing
A. What is a drug test?
The standard drug test is the NIDA-5 (National Institute on Drug Abuse) test where your urine is analyzed for the presence of amphetamines, cocaine, morphine/heroin, PCP and THC (marijuana). There are also blood and hair drug tests, but they are more complicated and expensive (and therefore more rare) than urine testing, so these questions assume that someone is taking the NIDA-5 urine test.
B. Will ecstasy show up on a NIDA-5 urine test?
MDMA (ecstasy) is not one of the substances specifically targeted by the NIDA-5 test, but you can fail a drug test because of your MDMA use. First, MDMA is close enough in chemical structure to cause you to test positive for having used amphetamines. Second, there can also be other drugs (see section VIII) in a pill besides MDMA or MDA. Your ecstasy use can definitely cause you to fail a drug test because of these two reasons.
C. How long does ecstasy stay in your system?
It depends on a lot of factors, but on average the half-life of MDMA inside a human body is 8-9 hours. That means within 72 hours, less than 1% of MDMA will be left in your system. Everyone's body is different and there will be some variation.
D. How long should I abstain from ecstasy before taking a drug test?
To be on the safe side, the best advice is to allow at least a week between your MDMA use and taking a drug test. A detectable amount of amphetamines would still be present in your urine for 24-72 hours after a single MDMA use or 72-120 hours after heavy MDMA use. As mentioned earlier, other contaminants might be present in an ecstasy pill. Cocaine is detectable in urine for 48-72 hours after use, while amphetamines are detectable for 48-96 hours and methamphetamines are detectable for 48-96 hours. Ketamine might be detectable in urine after 48-96 hours using specialized tests. DXM is not illegal. 2C-B and research chemicals are unlikely to cause a positive result, but if so they would be on the same time scale as amphetamines. Combining all the different possibilities, waiting a minimum of five days would be reasonable and waiting at least seven days would be very wise.
E. Where can I get other information?
This discussion has focused on providing quick answers about MDMA and drug testing, so those wanting to know more or having questions about other drugs should consult Erowid's Drug Testing Vault or Exx_head's FAQ for more information. Also see the "How To Pass" section at Erowid's Drug Testing Vault for information about purifying your system.
drugtesting.gif

actually props are due to Catch22 for making this new FAQ.

I had a big weekend in about Oct-Nov last year...
The following friday I had to submit to a drug test, and I was not very happy, considering I smoked on that weekend (I smoke weed every 6 months if your lucky) and I purchased a self-test unit from Drug Testing Australia, unfortunately it wasnt going to arrive at my place until the afternoon on Friday (after I had done the test) but I purchased the test anyway, just in case I had to make up a story or something...
The test indicated negative for all substances bar opiates, and I was very surpirsed as I am not a recreational opiate user, and I was thinking the last time I had them was in may last year, during a hospital visit (medical use of morphine) so I was even more surprised. I rang the drug test guy, and he asked me if I had codiene with the past day or so, I did, and thats what brought the reaction from the test on...
Needless to say, I got the job..

As for the pot.... You can get a THC calculator that will give you a average timeframe for getting rid of it in your body. You can only absorb so much thc in a day (100% saturation) if you smoke the next day you can absorb another 100% every day you dont smoke you lose 10% of the total percentage in your body... therefore i you were to smoke for 1 day the next day you would have only 90% the following day 81% then 72.9%
Most drug tests allow you a 50% saturation (passive smoking) It would take about 8 days to be under that.
If you want the program I could possibly upload it to a web server. Or alternatively search for a THC calculator. Possibly at www.yakooza.com