• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine First cocaine purification experiment

I Eat Pho

Bluelighter
Hi,

I am posting the process and results of my first experiment to see if any of you smarties have anything to offer. I've read just about every post on here that relates to purification. All in all I think my experiment was a success (while at the same time a failure) but would like feedback.

My buddy purchased two grams but when we got to his house and weighed them on his very expensive scale they each came in at about .785 I'm pissed but what can one expect buying drugs from a fat white chick.. it's our own faults.

1. Dumped the 1.5 grams into a beaker containing 120ml of distilled water
2. Stirred for a while and broke up the clumps but not much dissolved. After 5 mins of continuous stirring and still most of the powder visible I decided to aid it with a tiny bit of heat.
3. Placed the beaker containing the water/coke in a water bath on stove over medium-low heat. Stirred continuously for 15 mins and got the water hot (not even close to boiling but hot) A tiny bit more dissolved but still not much.

At this point I realize that what we have is shit. I'm annoyed but continue on anyway. I was actually thinking there might be zero cocaine in it.

4. Filtered the hot solution but saved the solid material for analysis later
5. Tasted the filtrate (liquid that passed through the filter) and it had a bitter taste and numbed the tongue immediately. Not all hope was lost but I knew we wouldn't get much.
6. Added 10% ammonia hydroxide to the filtrate drop wise every 2-3 mins with vigorous stirring in between. With the first drops, the solution turned a milky/cloudy white. After about 10 mins of stirring and dropping ammonia I noticed some clumps of solid material gathering at the bottom but nothing was clinging to the copper stir rod.

Eventually, after more ammonia was added some gross looking goo was clinging to the rod. I filtered the solution at this point into a fresh beaker and cleaned off the stir rod. The shit that was clumped at the bottom was now caught in the filter and looked exactly the same as the shit on the stir rod.

7. Kept adding more ammonia with more stirring (drop wise of course). Some more clumps formed which we removed. More ammonia and stirring again.
8. Finally i noticed what looked like a small snow storm in the liquid and also realized that the solution was quite clear and not milky anymore. Kept adding more ammonia and more stirring.
9. After awhile a white precipitate was covering the the stir rod. This looked beautiful and glistened under the light. I didn't want to add too much ammonia and over alkalize the solution and ruin it but we didn't have a pH meter or papers handy. I decided to let the solution settle and then add a drop of ammonia to see if anything precipitated when the drop of ammonia hit the solution. It did so we added a bit more and stirred.
10. Now I'm worried that I'll overshoot it and decided to just filter it now. The solid base stayed in the filter but then I added more ammonia to the filtrate to see if anymore would precip out but nothing did.

11. Poured distilled water into the filter to wash the crystals of any ammonia. Did this about 3 times and then removed the filter, pressed it between two paper towels and it is currently drying.

The amount that was left is VERY SMALL. Hardly anything. I can't tell cause it's wet and in the filter but it looks line maybe one line. I don't think it will be worth it to convert it back to hcl.. but I don't smoke so.. I don't know.

Anyway, is there anything here that I did (or didn't do) that may have caused such a low yield or was the shit crap to begin with? Prob crap to begin with but I don't doubt I could have done something better.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It was crap to begin with. Like most street cocaine.

It seems that what you did was to make crack, not strictly speaking to "purify coke", although making crack gets rid of some of the cuts.

You may have overdone it (although the likeliest is that it was shit to begin with). To make crack with ammonia heating is not required, contrary to the bicarbonate method. Second, you used NaOH. This is the step where the coke itself can get damaged. Making crack with NaOH requires it to be added crystal by crystal so as not to overshoot the PH.

Next time dump the blow with an equal quantity of sodium bicarbonate in a shotglass and nuke it a few times in a microwave over, waiting for it to cool in between nukes. That should be sufficient for you to be ready to hit the pipe or to realize you've been cheated again.

XXL, my intention was not to make crack. This was only the first part of the acid/base extraction that is used in the commonly used purification method. After turning it into freebase I was planning on bringing it back into its salt form.

What you're suggesting is that I just make crack and that is completely contradictory to what I'm trying to accomplish. I am simply trying to purify by converting it into freebase, removing impurities, and converting it back to hcl salt.

Why can't you just CWE it in 5mL water and add base after? Solubility is 1.8g/mL at 20C

^That's basically what OP did just heated a bit due to major disappointment of how weak it was.

Wow if you got 100mg-ish outa 1.5 thats pretty terrible. However nothing you did should have messed your yield up if it was good stuff to begin with. If you analyze the "cut" the first filter got please report back. Find out if it contains any trace amounts of coke. If it doesn't then man that was some cut coke haha.

Today I successfully completed the process. I weighed the dried base from last night and it totaled .40mg. That is pretty terrible considering I started with 2grams. Anyway, I converted the base back to HCl salt by dissolving the .40mg of base into 5mg of anhydrous acetone. In a second beaker I made a 1:2 solution of 37% hcl and anhydrous methanol. I then added the hcl/methanol mixture into a third beaker containing 5mg of acetone.

I swirled the two jars in the same direction (one jar with coke/acetone and another jar with hcl/methanol/acetone) and then instantly poured the hcl containing beaker into the coke containing beaker. What resulted was not a brilliant precipitate like I expected.. but a little debris floating inside a very yellowish liquid. I think I added too much hcl . I left this for a few hours and there not really any crystal formations.

Frustrated I emptied this out into a plate and evaporated. I scraped up the remaining solid, did an acetone wash and filtered. THe white powder that was left was dried and insufflated.

Numbness throughout the nose was the only effect felt. No high, no stimulation.. nothing.

Either I fucked up in the hcl conversion or there was no coke to begin with. Just lidocaine or procaine or something..

I have the first cut that was filtered at the very beginning of the experiment and tasted it. It has no bitter taste and no numbness. I'm very disappointed but I'm not giving up hope. It looks like extraction from coca leaves is the only way to get good stuff nowadays.

Today I successfully completed the process. I weighed the dried base from last night and it totaled .40mg. That is pretty terrible considering I started with 2grams. Anyway, I converted the base back to HCl salt by dissolving the .40mg of base into 5mg of anhydrous acetone. In a second beaker I made a 1:2 solution of 37% hcl and anhydrous methanol. I then added the hcl/methanol mixture into a third beaker containing 5mg of acetone.

I swirled the two jars in the same direction (one jar with coke/acetone and another jar with hcl/methanol/acetone) and then instantly poured the hcl containing beaker into the coke containing beaker. What resulted was not a brilliant precipitate like I expected.. but a little debris floating inside a very yellowish liquid. I think I added too much hcl . I left this for a few hours and there not really any crystal formations.

Frustrated I emptied this out into a plate and evaporated. I scraped up the remaining solid, did an acetone wash and filtered. THe white powder that was left was dried and insufflated.

Numbness throughout the nose was the only effect felt. No high, no stimulation.. nothing.

Either I fucked up in the hcl conversion or there was no coke to begin with. Just lidocaine or procaine or something..

I have the first cut that was filtered at the very beginning of the experiment and tasted it. It has no bitter taste and no numbness. I'm very disappointed but I'm not giving up hope. It looks like extraction from coca leaves is the only way to get good stuff nowadays.

HCl in methanol...why? I would only put NaOH in MeOH to get MeO- tampon solution. Why methanol? You want to go blind or something? Drinking 10mL of it blinds you...can't you just do it in something else? You probably messed up your cocaine dude.

I used methanol because that is what a lot of procedures use to convert freebase to hcl. Ether is the preferred solvent but since ether is hard to get methanol is used instead. This procedure was taken directly from the Cocaine Handbook by David Lee. I've also seen a lot of other procedures posted on the net using methanol.

I'm not drinking it and it all is evaporated completely so I'm not sure it how it is any more dangerous than using any of the other chemicals used in this process (hcl, acetone). The methanol wasn't the problem since I got crystals to come out and they looked, tasted, and numbed like cocaine only they didn't get you high which leads me to believe there was only procaine or lidocaine in there.

this might help...
pawnshop; said:
wash 2 gr. of HCL coke in 100 ml of anhydrous acetone and let airdry under heat
when it's complete dry, freebase using 10% carbonate, filter and dry under heat lamp for a while, and wash the base in 100 ml. of warm alkaline water, filter
dry and dissolve in 80 ml of Hexane/petroleum ether/kerosene
filter out any undissolved impurity
add 50 ml of a 5% HCL acid solution (5 ml. of 38% HCL + 35 ml. of water) to the Hexane and mix the solvents for a while.

using a syringe recover the coke layer that's on the bottom which is now clear transparent

freebase, dry and turn it back into salt

Coca byproducts that weren't oxidized or washed off when making base cocaine will make the high edgy and speedy. Caffeine and Ephedrine are the other 2 impurities that alter the high negatively. Check this new method of removing coca impurities without oxidation:

http://www.justice.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/journal_v6_num34/pg2.html

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/8130/cocainehandbookpage089.jpg

Last edited: