• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Is it a primary amine? – Robadope Qestion.

HQ_ETA

Bluelighter
Recently I witnessed the testing of a Pink Safe Sex/Durex in Sydney with EZ-Extreme.
The pill was exactly the same in appearance as those which have been extensively reported on pill reports and bluelight with a very hard and flawless press, deeply indented “safe sex” on one side and “durex” in a box on the other side.
1) The marquis reaction was a reasonably strong purple to black in about 2 to 3 seconds.
2) The Simons reaction was a typical blue reaction almost instantly after the fixer was applied.
However, the robabdope reaction was a little strange.
3) One drop of robabdope reagent was dropped onto a sample of the pill and a small area of the substance immediately seemed to change to a redish colour – even before the fixer was applied. Once three drops of fixer was applied and the sample was left to stand for about 1 minute most of the liquid was clear but there were about three small areas of substance which had a distinct red colour.
I am not sure if this red colourisation was a result of placing a liquid on an already pink coloured sample or if this red colourisation was in fact the substance reacting with robadope and thus indicating the presence of a primary amine.
It almost appeared as if the liquid (robadope + fixer) did not change colour but that the substance being tested was a distinct red colour.
When the sample was physically swirled around on the plate and the sample was broken up, all redish colourisation disappeared.
After seeing this reaction a sample was subsequently tested with mandelin (for interest sake) and the reaction was a relatively strong blue to purple to black in approximately 3 seconds.
I have a number of questions which I would like answers for but I understand that I may never know the truth. My question is to anyone who has had experience with the robadope reagent in the past.
Is it possible for the robadope reagent to react with a substance even before the fixer is applied? In this case it appeared as if this did happen (if not then the red colourisation may have been a result of dropping a pinky liquid onto a pink coloured sample of pill).
My second question relates to the specific pill in question. If you have had experience with the pink safe sex pill could you please share your experience both in terms of testing and also any first hand experiences after consumption.
I understand that there have been numerous threads and reports devoted to this pill both on bluelight and pillreports but my question specifically relates to the ez extreme test results that people have seen and subsequent user experiences.
As a final note I am not trying to cause any alarm and I never once suggested PMA or (MDA for that matter) but I thought others might be interested in my experience with this pill and the robadope reagent. I am certainly interested to hear about other bluelighter’s experiences.
Thanks

I haven't had experience with Robadope, and not whishing to detract from your questions I would like to add a couple.
Does anyone know of the constituents of Robadope? The others are well known, but this one must be either known under another name, or something very recent.
And that brings me to my next question. Does anyone have any evidence regarding the effectiveness of the reagent? Other kits have their limitations, some more than others, but I've found no papers describing even the invention of Robadope!
If these things are known, it may be possible to speculate whether something else could be reacting or whether as you said perhaps the pill colour caused something.
From observations I thought the SS produced less temperature increases than usually is noticed with a high MDMA dose. HQ_ETA, I observed the same responses you noted from marquis and mandelin.

just a (not-at-all-scientific-or-authoritative) thought... the robadope reagent itself is a pinkish redish colour, i've noticed in the past that makes the reaction even harder to see. that would explain why it went clear when you added the fixer (ie it was diluted). As for the bits of pill going red, I'd guess it's red dye in the pill, because i've never seen a robadope test change immediately (usually takes 30+ seconds for me).
hope that helps :)

^ what he said.
It is already a little pink to begin with (although adding the fixer takes away some of that pinkness)
It takes some time for a robadope reaction to occur and you usually need a fair bit of the sample.

A point of clarification. Would the whole drop of liquid change colour (as happens with Marquis and Simons) or just the bits of pill in the drop of liquid?
I guess these problems stem from the fact that I have never seen a positive on Robadope and thus do not know what to look for.

It is definantly more pronounced around the sample. It also helps if your sample is all white and you are doing it on a white ceramic surface and you have clean bright white light shining down!

HQ_ETA, when I extreme-tested the pink durex's I got exactly the same results as you
Marquis Purple/black
Simon's Blue
Robadope No reaction/clear
I'm familiar with the reaction you are describing here but what you are seeing is purely the pinkish colour of the reagent. Sometimes the reagent will also absorb some of whatever colour your pill is too. So obviously when you have a pink pill and the pink reagent together it can look like you have a red reaction. But once you swill it around it will go clear.
But in answer to your question, no, the reagent should not react with a sample before the fixer is applied.
As far as experience with the pill goes, they were average I thought, but I've been pilling for 12 years so I've probably got a serious case of "pills were much better in my day" :)
I took one after an 8 week break so initially it hit pretty hard but I found the peak to be pretty short-lived. Fairly loved-up and touchy but quite stoned/sleepy feeling too, all of which usually indicates MDEA to me rather than MDMA.
But unless it's lab tested I guess we'll never know! Hope this has been of some use.
Just wanted to also add that I have never seen a red reaction even when I've had a pill that was almost certainly MDA.
[ 21 September 2002: Message edited by: Rayda ]

phase_dancer: I ran a few searches and searched far and high for the contents of robadope. Somehow I suspect it's a brand name, alternative name or something. It's not used by the US department of Justice in their selection of reagents for field testing of drugs, and they're pretty much on the ball for everything else.
One site ("here) describes robadope as "simon's reagent plus a fixer." That would (kinda) make sense, as determening between a primary and secondary amine (in my knowledge) usually can not be made with a simple reagent/without sample preparation. Tertiary amines yes (just do the idioform reaction... I think), but not secondary.
Maybe you add the fixer, which attaches to the amine group/reacts in some way and then the simons reagent causes the colour change by reacting with the compound the fixer has made (or vice versa)? That would also show why you need a lot of the substance and that the colour change is more prominent around the sample, as such a reaction is not really going to be that intense in happening. Again I have a few theroies but because I can't back them up, I don't want to cause any confusion.
Arrgh, I'll give it some more research and thought when I've had more than 5 hours sleep...
Enjoy!

Fetish - I wouldn't worry yourself too much over the composition of Robadope. I'm pretty sure that it is not a standard tester that gets called 'Robadope', the same way as 'Marquis', 'Simons', 'Mandellen' etc are well known reagents.
There are at least two people on Bluelight that know what it is, and they are both not telling us most likely for commercial reasons :)

robadope is just phase 1 of ez test extreme followed by phase 3 of ez test extreme (or the other way around) i can't rememeber i haven't tested a pill in quite a while, but that is ok as i haven't HAD a pill in quite a while.
and yeah everything that soma has said is correct... go soma... :)

Thanks Jester, I had saved that page ages ago, and had never noticed the bit on the simons and fixer etc.
Soma, thanks. You have just given me the (extra) incentive to discover the contents of this kit. As part of my current Uni project I have occasional access to analysis equip, so if this information doesn’t prove to be available I'll order an Extreme & go via this route (which fits in nicely with my project). Just to make my intentions clear, I have no interest in pursuing any commercial venture with this kit.
Bah to such secrecy! How do WE know Robadope isn't subject to giving an incorrect indication with certain preparations or mixtures? I know of other promising reagent tests which are not currently used, one of which is specific to MD groups. I've also been working on a specific PMA test.....wanna swap stories anyone?
Sorry folks, but this intellectual property thing is complete BULLSHIT when it comes to supposedly reputable HM! If it's patented then what's the problem? If not, then where's the evidence of effectiveness? Either way I intend to get to the bottom of this.
In the interests of safe verifiable forms Harm Minimisation, I wonder if EZ would do the right thing by providing MSDS sheets for Robadope?
This is a bee in the bonnet subject for me. Any claims of effectiveness need to be backed up with evidence or at least be open to scrutiny don't they?
[ 21 September 2002: Message edited by: phase_dancer ]

...well I'm not going to comment on other commercial ventures. It is their perogative and making some money out of health is certainly a pastime that has been carried out throughout the ages. Free healthcare and pharms anyone? Not unless you live in Denmark.
Phase - throw me an email so we may discuss all things testering.

Does anyone have any sydney specific "pink safe sex" experiences that the'd like to share? As in did you think it was MDMA? Is it possible that there is some MDA or some other primary amine in these pills?

^ Please check the search engine -- there are a number of threads from various locations already in existence which discuss the Safe Sex pills in detail. Let's keep this thread on topic about Robadope reagent.
Click SEARCH, search for "safe sex" in this forum, using "Whole Thread" and you should find most of them.
Regards, BigTrancer :)